More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 23:22:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Grim Reaper takes a bathroom break?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Grim Reaper takes a bathroom break?  (Read 5007 times)
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Grim Reaper takes a bathroom break?
« on: 2008 November 16, 03:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that mean my game is totally borked?

To be specific, having installed a couple of the EPs before clean templates were available, I decided to kill off the unwanted Sims (after finding that a Sim can bring home from school/work a Sim that's actually still in the family bin-! Is *that* normal behavior?) quickly. The tool of choice was the InSimenator- yes, I know, non-awesome, I should be ashamed blah blah blah.

A couple of the deaths went fine, but the weirdness started when I tried to kill off the Goodies (not wanting to play a couple of boring elders I didn't make.) First one died of old age just fine; the second, I got the "Does this sim want to die?" prompt, the game paused and build and buy mode were disabled, and then... nothing happened. I had to return to the neighborhood and go back in for him to actually die, wondering all the while if saving was a bad idea.
 At which point, after killing the Sim (who didn't get the shiny gravestone despite being bumped up to the very edge of platinum aspiration), the Grim Reaper went in and used the bathroom... The "you've killed all your Sims, shame on you" box appeared after that if I recall correctly, and Death left the lot properly.

Death used it again at the last house I tried killing off., although there were no other glitches. (I hope children are meant to be killable :/ Never tried it before.)

So basically, is this veering into BFBVFS territory? I'd hate to have to restart my hood again. :/
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: Grim Reaper takes a bathroom break?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 16, 03:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normal.

The reaper will also go fix a drink if you have a bar. I had a reaper hang out at a party for a couple of hours when a sim on the lot died.

Fix'd.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 16, 03:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, cool.  Cheesy That's actually kind of funny, then.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 16, 04:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He can also watch tv.

For the gravestone issue, you only get platinum stones if they die from old age.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 16, 05:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are lucky in this respect. The Grim Reaper has never done anything interesting in my game. 
Angry
*YoungOldPrude feels vengeful and goes on a nanny killing spree...

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 16, 05:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He can also watch tv.

For the gravestone issue, you only get platinum stones if they die from old age.

He did. Maybe he just wasn't platinum enough (just over the boundary between that and gold,) or something.
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 16, 05:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the ame note, is it a VBT that occasionally my game stops responding for a short time (say, 30 seconds) and then a Grim Reaper appears in the visitor portal? He leaves immediately (no bathroom breaks or drinking) but this has happened about 10 times since I installed AL.

Inge:We judge by God's own criteria of correct punctuation and inspired fightliness.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 16, 06:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this happen even when no one is dead? That is a VBT, yes. And is almost certainly the work of Tight Pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 16, 07:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I will have to check for outdated hacks. I thought I had gotten all my pants sufficiently loosened.

Inge:We judge by God's own criteria of correct punctuation and inspired fightliness.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 16, 16:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it's part of general EAxian pee-obsession, like how Sims are arriving in the lot with half-full bladder in vanilla game. I once made the Grim Reaper selectable, and discovered that he had arrived with nearly full bladder. (Same goes with the Santa.) He always seems to spend some time peeing, making drinks or watching TV whenever the last Sim on the lot dies.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: