More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 01:25:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Have you seen the effects of Aspiration Failure?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Have you seen the effects of Aspiration Failure?  (Read 17923 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Have you seen the effects of Aspiration Failure?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 07, 00:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the Social Bunny - do your sims cry when he arrives?

I remember the Sad Clown from TS1, which made all the sims cry and be sad.

In TS2 I never gave my sims to have aspiration failure. I saw once Cassandra, after being left at the altar, playing with some doll, and a shrink came to give her a treatment - twice. But I left the house without saving, thinking how to prevent this situation (I found a good solution for this).
No, they don't cry.  They either go about their business doing what you've directed them to do, and the bunny will sit or stand quietly amusing himself.  Your sim may choose to interact with the bunny or you can direct him to do any of several interactions.  The bunny leaves by himself once the sim's social is repaired.  It's funny when the bunny comes crashing out of the sky though, although the noise startled me a couple of times.  It's funny too that the other sims cannot see the bunny, so when they see the sim interacting with someone who isn't there, they make the "You're Crazy" sign at him when they pass by.

With Cassandra, the solution for me was either to get her relationship high enough with Don that he would not leave her at the altar, or to raise her aspiration to platinum so that his rejection would not send her into aspirational failure.  It would have to be pretty high because being left at the altar carries a huge aspiration hit.  Or ignore the scenario altogether.  I didn't want her to marry him anyway.  She deserved better than him.  My Cassandra married a custom Sim I made and had lots of babies.  She is very pretty in my opinion once you get rid of those hideous ponytails and glasses and put on some makeup.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 07, 00:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just ignore it and let them see the bunny. Relaxing and daydreaming is a waste of valuable productive time, and a well-designed house doesn't tend to suffer severe obstructions from one bunny.

Well, not REALLY in the way.  Just in My way.  And the relax/daydream is rarely used.  Just think the name "social bunny" is too cutesey for me.  Kind of like calling a hooded sweatshirt a "hoodie".  Yuck!  What drivel.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 07, 00:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope we're going to get Bunny Hunters, as we did Clown Catchers in TS1. They should be short, balding, illtempered guys called 'Elmer'.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 07, 00:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, rainbow - that's just what I have done too! I created a beautiful male sim, befriended them, and then made them fall in love. Then I invited Don, and gave Cassie cheat on him with the new lover. Don broke the engagement, but it didn't hurt her a bit (although she cried a little bit) - but right after that she wanted to be engaged and married to the new sim.

"Collective mind"...Smiley.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 07, 00:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bunny Hunters wouldn't make any sense. Because there isn't any actual bunny, he's purely imaginary. And also nondisruptive and actually beneficial, since it suppresses any further whines.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 07, 00:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually get Cassandra to break it off with Don, she doesn't get so upset that way - he's the one who stands around crying!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 07, 01:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once I used a hack to further reduce Mortimer and Don's relationship and boost Mortimer's body score, and then I had him repeatedly beat up Don for the grief he caused his daughter.  That was fun.  That was when I made a copy of Pleasantview in another neighborhood.  In my real Pleasantview, I had Cassandra beat Don up after she caught him cheating.  I have pictures of this, with Don bawling like a baby afterwards.  Sometimes I'll see them gossiping about it.  But to this day, Cassandra will still spin up a fear of Don's death, I don't know why.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 August 07, 01:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once I used a hack to further reduce Mortimer and Don's relationship and boost Mortimer's body score, and then I had him repeatedly beat up Don for the grief he caused his daughter.  That was fun.
Bah, that's not fun unless you earned it fair and square.

But to this day, Cassandra will still spin up a fear of Don's death, I don't know why.
Sims just can't break up properly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 August 07, 04:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once I used a hack to further reduce Mortimer and Don's relationship and boost Mortimer's body score, and then I had him repeatedly beat up Don for the grief he caused his daughter.  That was fun.
Bah, that's not fun unless you earned it fair and square.
It is so much easier making enemies now with the auto-socializer to repeatedly insult and annoy the other sim.  I was just using that neighborhood for an experiment and wasn't keeping it, so I took a few shortcuts.  Tongue
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 07, 13:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bunny is very useful, because its mere presence on the lot raises the sim's social.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 09, 00:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, rainbow - that's just what I have done too! I created a beautiful male sim, befriended them, and then made them fall in love. Then I invited Don, and gave Cassie cheat on him with the new lover. Don broke the engagement, but it didn't hurt her a bit (although she cried a little bit) - but right after that she wanted to be engaged and married to the new sim.

"Collective mind"...Smiley.

I found it fun how Mary Sue and Daniel Pleasant were pining for eachother in their wants after she kicked him out, to the point where I eventually let them get back together, but Cass and Don?  They had a son, Hector, but then Cass caught Don out with Nina.  Since the breakup, they've completely forgotten about eachother!  Cass married Darren Dreamer (who is now best friends with Hector) the following day, and Don is living with Nina and their two children, Sophie and Brendan... until he does a runner on her.  Which should be any day now.

<insert witty comment here>
sasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 09, 07:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen the social bunny twice both time with Dina.  She was totally depleted of social.  Both times I ignored him and just went about my business.  He went away after she woohooed the first time and the second time he hopped away after a phone call.  Which the phone call was strange because it wasn't a friend it was someone she had no relationship with at all.

I saw the shrink once Alex Goth (Bella's and Mort's son) after his wife died (he was a family sim) he broke down and shrink came.  But he wasn't around that long couple minutes.  Alex was off the ground eating the salmon he prepared for her right after and shrink never came back.

As far as letting the aspiration drop I really don't do that on purpose think it is cooler to just let the game flow on its own and see what breaks who down.  As far as cheats and hacks I have JM's fixes and that is about it.  Slow decay in plantinum, pay at the box, no homework everyday... nothing that like really changes just stuff that takes out a few steps.  I have never tweaked an relationship other than using global woohoo bed and hot tub.  I have never changed a LTW or none of that stuff.  I pretty much go for the slightly game modifing hacks like seeing my simmies naked and w/ real body parts  Wink

sasha

Whoever said it is better to love than to never have loved at all never had the good fortune to the love the people I have loved!
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 09, 08:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had very loving social bunnies that kept spontaneously making out and serenading each other.  I loaded a video/storyboard of it on mysimpage over on the bbs.  http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=33820&asset_type=story&user_id=201176
I thought that it was particularly odd, because the sims involved were best friends only, yet their bunnies were crazy about each other. 
« Last Edit: 2005 August 09, 08:35:19 by sandilou » Logged

happy now :-)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 August 10, 02:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had very loving social bunnies that kept spontaneously making out and serenading each other.  I loaded a video/storyboard of it on mysimpage over on the bbs.  http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=33820&asset_type=story&user_id=201176
I thought that it was particularly odd, because the sims involved were best friends only, yet their bunnies were crazy about each other. 

This is supposedly designed to happen whenever you get the pink and blue social bunnies together.  I heard about it on the BBS when reading the original legacy challenge rules, apparently you get bonus points for getting this to happen.  It's really not hard though, and you don't have to cheat.  I tried it once with Dustin and his son, both of whom were fortune sims, and they were painting together and totally drained on social.  I just had to keep them busy so they wouldn't socialize with each other or anyone else in the house, and soon two different social bunnies appeared.  They were pink and blue, so soon they were kissing and making out and stuff.  It was funny to watch.  I'm not sure if this helped Dustin and his son, because they went to eat dinner together and the bunnies soon left.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: