More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 22:28:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Game throws new Curve
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game throws new Curve  (Read 17021 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Game throws new Curve
« on: 2005 November 16, 20:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just when you thought Nightlife couldnt surpise you it throws a new Curve .I had a couple who had been engaged break off the engagement due to a lack of chemistry however they remained best friends. My Male Sim Josh called his ex Fiancee and asked her for a date so I let her go since they were still best friends and she was getting disasters from the gypsy. I figured Maria could use  a good time. the date quickly reached dream staus no surprise there since they were best friends. the curve was when my Male sim Josh autonomously Proposed an engagement. I didnt not have a clue that could Happen Shocked

IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/Bangelnuts/snapshot_00000005_90874fe4.jpg[/IMG]

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Game throws new Curve
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 16, 20:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG  Shocked I can't believe it!

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 16, 20:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

neither could I :oI almost fell off my Chair in stunned shock! the male sim is a Romance Sim and the reason I was following him with the camera is because he had none of the Usual thought Bubbles that occur after a Public WooHoo. Just the Platinum plumbbob  and a determined look on his face

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 16, 20:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hope that would happen in my game! I'd love my sims to do more autonomous stuff like woohoo...I'm just so lazy...all that *point-click* tires my poor widdle finger out.... Tongue

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 16, 20:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG!

Now that is cool....but it could be really really annoying if it happened when you didn't actually want those sims engaged.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 16, 20:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG!

Now that is cool....but it could be really really annoying if it happened when you didn't actually want those sims engaged.
they had been engaged before and broke it off due to a lack of chemistry. and all of a sudden out of the Blue Josh called his ex Fiancee and asked for a date and the y suddenly have 3 bolts for each other after previously having only 1 Shocked

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 16, 20:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very strange, you sure you didn't accidently click something else?

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 16, 20:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My desire is to have my game as 'autonomous' as possible. I wonder if autonomy hacks for such things as proposals, woohoo, etc. could be done. I think that would add a wonderful element of surprise to the game. Great idea!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 16, 20:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lizlove has an automonous woohoo bed AFAIR(lol that almost spelles "affair" lol)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 16, 20:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed Braveheart! I would love to not have to tell my sims to "get down to business" every dang time!

As far as I know, LizzLove's bed isn't guaranteed to work with NL, at least not yet.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 16, 20:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye, but the bed has nothing to do with "autonomous proposals" heh.  That being said, Lizzlove's bed is one my favorite modded objects.  I use it on almost every family, newlyweds I use it on low, and with the risky woohoo pregnancies range from 3-10 days from when they married.  Much more realistic imo.

Edit: Lizzlove's bed has been updated for nightlife on MT2, for those who are still using the old version.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 16, 20:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very strange, you sure you didn't accidently click something else?

Positive. to click on Propose would have sent my male Sim into aspiration Failure  he isnt PermaPlat yet and is a Romance Sim I hadnt clicked on Him period .  he wasnt selectable. I had Just had Maria the Feamale do woohoo with him in the photobooth just prior to his autonomous actions. I followed him with the camera because of his determined demeanor after the woohoo in the photobooth. I thought maybe there was a fight going on or something that he was going to go watch. Since Josh is one of my main Sims in my storylinee I have no desire to have him go into Aspiration Failure when he is only one promotion away from going PermaPlat. he has only 6,550 aspiration points to make him propose would be his undoing. even though he autonomously chose to propose an engagement if told him to get married  the therapist would show up  as he fears marriage to the tune of-8000. thats why I called it a curve that was thrown

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 16, 21:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed Braveheart! I would love to not have to tell my sims to "get down to business" every dang time!

As far as I know, LizzLove's bed isn't guaranteed to work with NL, at least not yet.

I have it in with NL and haven't had any problems. You can set how "attractive" it is and turn the autonomy on/off. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the bed isn't one of my favorites looks-wise. Other than that, I LOVE that bed.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 16, 21:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have it in with NL and haven't had any problems. You can set how "attractive" it is and turn the autonomy on/off. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the bed isn't one of my favorites looks-wise. Other than that, I LOVE that bed.
I dont use the lizzielove whoohoo bed in my game. and Itend to prefer letting my sims do their thing and dealing with curves as they occur. usually though my oddities occur with graphics. or the game not recognizing that a certain sim is alredy on the lot and reproducing the same sim  so in effect you have two of the same sim on the lot at the same time

greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 16, 21:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm picking my jaw up off the floor right now.  I can't believe that this can happen!  An autonomous propose engagement?!!

This is the first I've ever read of it, and wow!  I'm stunned, but I sure like the chance of that happening in my game.

--green

PS.  I just started using Lizzlove's bed, and last night while playing, I'm watching a kid play with his toys in his room (after I'd told him to go to bed...he completely ignored that), and then I pan the camera over, and his parents are in their room doing the "face together, holding hands, I'm getting ready to get some" animations!) 

Next thing I know...the lullaby is playing.  I'd been trying to get them pregnant for at least one Sim week, prior to installing Lizz's bed!  It was so nice that it happened without my involvement, and to see them get it on when *they* wanted to!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 16, 21:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm picking my jaw up off the floor right now.  I can't believe that this can happen!  An autonomous propose engagement?!!

This is the first I've ever read of it, and wow!  I'm stunned, but I sure like the chance of that happening in my game.

--green
hey I thought my Game developed a serious bug so I called EA Tech support and they assured me that autonomus engagement proposal can happen but are extemely rare they said it occurs based on several different factors being met positively  and a whole lot of other technical gobbledy gook that I didnt understand. what I gather is in order for thi curve to occur the obvious is that the sims must a) like each other and fall in love well those two points were obvious LOL they said it also is based on how the sim percieves the closeness in the relationship with the other sim. wjhen I asked if that is obvious ie ligntning bolts /hearts on the panel etc  they said no that all of that is external  and the deciding factors are all internal in the game. .so i can assume this isnt likely to occur again

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 16, 21:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so are you letting them stay engaged this time?
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 16, 22:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool, I had no idea they would do that autonomously.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 16, 22:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow that is neat!

Thanks for sharing!

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 16, 22:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, it's really neat to think there are other internal factors going on than just the ones we see (i.e. crush, love, chemistry).

Cool!!! Thanks for sharing  Grin

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 16, 22:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is so awesome! Cheesy *Looks angrily at her sims* Angry Why don't oyu guys ever do anything fun! Grin

Too bad most of those things happen too quickly to film them, it would be so funny to actually see itunfold in front of your eyes!  Wink

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 16, 22:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so are you letting them stay engaged this time?
yep they have 3 bolts this time around last time around they only had one bolt

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 16, 23:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so did the sim go into aspiration failure?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 16, 23:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so did the sim go into aspiration failure?
nope not on the engagement proposal. but if I made him Marry her right now he would he has a serious fear of marriage

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 16, 23:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey I thought my Game developed a serious bug so I called EA Tech support and they assured me that autonomus engagement proposal can happen but are extemely rare they said it occurs based on several different factors being met positively  and a whole lot of other technical gobbledy gook that I didnt understand. what I gather is in order for thi curve to occur the obvious is that the sims must a) like each other and fall in love well those two points were obvious LOL they said it also is based on how the sim percieves the closeness in the relationship with the other sim. wjhen I asked if that is obvious ie ligntning bolts /hearts on the panel etc  they said no that all of that is external  and the deciding factors are all internal in the game. .so i can assume this isnt likely to occur again
Wow-so your game is more special than mine? Angry I want a refund-NOW!

lol Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: