More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 16:28:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  It are unfair! Lack of Kittuns brings morale down!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It are unfair! Lack of Kittuns brings morale down!  (Read 12943 times)
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: It are unfair! Lack of Kittuns brings morale down!
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 17, 20:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try TwoJeffs' Computer Fixes. I play with the no autonomy version, and have since been a much happier camper.
*bleats in your direction*
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 18, 06:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh. To address the original post, I don't know of any dorm-based colleges in real life that allow dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, or any other animals besides fish, and even those might be verboten. I know I tried to take my furry friend with me to college as a dorm-dwelling undergrad and was denied, and that our RAs checked regularly to enforce the NO PET rule.

If pets were allowed, they'd be setting themselves up for lawsuits of one student's dog bit another student, sanitation issues when students were slack about scooping poop and cleaning cages (if some students can't figure out how to wash laundry, their approach to pet care isn't going to be better), pet damage to buildings, allergic students, students who co-owned a pet fighting over who takes it home on holiday or just abandoning it, rodent pets getting loose and becoming pests, and so on.

Of course, Sims in UNIville who don't live in dorms should, technically, be able to own a pet, but the fact that UNI predates PETZOMG and the weird way time is handled there means it wouldn't work well.

The ASPCA would probably endorse the NO PETS IN UNI rule. Friends who work with pet rescue groups frequently cite student abandonment of pets of all types at the top of their lists of Irresponsible Ownership Issues.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 18, 16:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In our dorms, technically not even fish were allowed. However, a lot of people had fish or turtles. I had frogs, until my insane, possibly murderous roommate threw a fit due to Frisky's nighttime croaking. In the college-owned apartments it was a different story. The rules were the same, but people had numerous pets short of dogs. One friend of mine had two chinchillas, an iguana, three ferrets, and a cat.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 18, 23:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a cat in Uni by accident recently - I had another sim give her the cat on their own lot, forgetting that she'd already moved into the dorm.  Nothing bad happened, other than that the cat did not age for the the entire four years of college.  I just had her give the cat back to her parents before she moved back to the main hood.

IRL, I know you can't usually have pets at college, but I knew a girl in college who secretly kept a cat in her dorm room anyway.  I don't think anyone whose opinion mattered ever found out about it.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 19, 17:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any mods out there to nix those btw? The stomach patting and the whistling MUST DIE. Although the a&c framing anim is funny because many times it is aimed at boobs, and lol happens because I'm 12.
I'm 36 and the 'lol' still happens for me too. Cheesy
Another 36 here with 'lol' happening. I lol more, though, over the athletic animation which inevitably begins the moment two sims stop talking to each other, resulting in many mimed punches in the face. It's like, "Ah, yes, I also like fancy blue hats. Please accept this right hook to your jaw."

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 19, 20:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't actually noticed any hobby animations yet, other than Dina Caliente doing the M&D one whenever I leave her idle for a moment.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: