More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 22:35:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Do someone has still all the Store content and CC with all the updates ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Do someone has still all the Store content and CC with all the updates ?  (Read 3795 times)
Jennel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Do someone has still all the Store content and CC with all the updates ?
« on: 2010 October 30, 13:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

I'm about to update my game to install Ambitions and Late Night but I'm a bit worry to lose all my custom content and the Store Content.
I'd like to know if someone has still all of his CC and Store content after patching his game to every update. How did you do/ Which method did you use, please ?
Are they still usable in the game ? Huh

Thanks in advance for your answer...
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
Re: Do someone has still all the Store content and CC with all the updates ?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 30, 13:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've never had to worry about store items conflicting with a patch, so no. CC, as in CAS items and build/buy items you also have never had to worry about. Except for some windows with this latest patch. Its your mods you have to remove and not put back until you find out if they're compatible with the new patch or get an update.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 30, 13:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always make backups of all of my files.  I had to uninstall all of my games and start over to install everything because it was not patching properly.  So I had made copies of all of my folders that had CC in them. Mods, DCCache, SavedSims, Saves, installed worlds etc.

So after I was all installed, patched and ready to add CC back I just copied the files back over.  Everything works.  And I have a back up so I know I will never lose them!  That way you do not have to re-download anything.

I haven't tested Riverview yet, but it shows up in the menu.
Jennel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 30, 14:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many thanks for your answers ! Smiley

I'd also like to know, can all of your CC in the format '.sims3pack' still be installed via the launcher and appear in the game or you have to use a method like decrapifying ?
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 30, 16:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only store items that you did not did pay for need to be decrapped, nothing else. Also it tells you more than once when updating to a new patch to make backups of all your save files and what-not.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 31, 00:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've never had to worry about store items conflicting with a patch, so no. CC, as in CAS items and build/buy items you also have never had to worry about. Except for some windows with this latest patch. Its your mods you have to remove and not put back until you find out if they're compatible with the new patch or get an update.

Not true.  CC does from time to time cause problems.  I had some when AMB came out that cause the game to freeze everytime I entered the buy catalogue that contained those items.  While it is a very rare occurrence, saying you never have to worry about CC isn't accurate.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: