More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 08:36:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Child coming home from school at the wrong time
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Child coming home from school at the wrong time  (Read 11300 times)
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Child coming home from school at the wrong time
« on: 2006 August 21, 23:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing the Brokes.

I have inteen (OFB edition) as well as a few homework mods (homework in bedroom, sometimes homework... blah blah). I have all expansions and FFS and with the latest patch, as well as a plethura of awesome and non-awesome hacks.

What happens is, When Dustin gets home frome school Beau comes home at the same time. This doesn't happen every day, or every other day. It seems random. Sometimes Beau returns home at 3 pm like he is suppose to, but other days he comes home with Dustin at 1 pm (and I get a message that Beau has dropped a grade because he missed school).

Does this situation sound familiar to any of you? Any help or suggestions would be appreicated
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Child coming home from school at the wrong time
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 22, 00:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you patched your game? That was an issue for a while, but I think they fixed it with the latest patch.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 22, 00:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If patching does nothing, or you are already patched, I would think it is some sort of hack conflict.
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 22, 01:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not know this was an issue prior to the latest patch. I have the FFS patched installed.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 22, 01:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen before, pre-hack and pre-patch. I figured that the game farted and I didn't really care, because unlike you his grades didn't go down, it just didn't go up.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 22, 02:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, there was a hotfix for this a couple months ago.  The current version incorporated that fix, so go grab a fresh copy.  Smiley

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 22, 16:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, there was a hotfix for this a couple months ago.  The current version incorporated that fix, so go grab a fresh copy.  Smiley

Hotfix for FFS? I did a fresh install friday, installed FFS saturday with the new patch downloaded from the Sims2 website, still the same issue.

I have all the hotfixs for Inteen for OFB.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 23, 18:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 24, 05:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hotfix for FFS? I did a fresh install friday, installed FFS saturday with the new patch downloaded from the Sims2 website, still the same issue.

You need to delete the version you have now and redownload the latest InTeen and flavor paks from the website.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 25, 01:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to delete the version you have now and redownload the latest InTeen and flavor paks from the website.

I currently have version 1.4a of Inteen with hotfixes.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 25, 01:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this an inteen issue or a maxis issue? I don't use inteen, but I've had this happen before the patch came out. I looked at the list for what the patch fixes, but it doesn't say anything about this.

All I can tell you is to stop using the flavor packs. I read on the inteen website that it has to do with the flavor packs.
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 25, 19:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this an inteen issue or a maxis issue? I don't use inteen, but I've had this happen before the patch came out. I looked at the list for what the patch fixes, but it doesn't say anything about this.

All I can tell you is to stop using the flavor packs. I read on the inteen website that it has to do with the flavor packs.

Hmmm  I'm loath to take out the flavor pack modifcations, because then I wouldn't use InTeen as I don't like Inteen without the changes of the flavor pack. I guess  I can take InTeen out, just not looking foward to having to deal with all my families reset, a small inconvenience (just like this problem).

To be honest I have no idea if this is an Inteen issue or not. I was just asking here if anyone also is currently suffering from this or if it is an isolated issue. As I said, it dosen't happen all the time, or even every other time. Only once in a while. I did notice that everytime it happened, Dustin had to go to work that same day, but as I said, not all the time.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 27, 03:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, do you have the combined Bring Friends school bus dialog and No fraterniation that Syberspunk posted in the School Bus Bring Friends thread?

Because I noticed that I was having children "appearing" home more often than not when their teen siblings arrived home and while I'm not saying this mod caused it, removing it and replacing it with TJ's original mod solved the problem, I suspect the combined version doesn't play nice with something else I have in my hacks folder and maybe this is your problem.
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 27, 04:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, do you have the combined Bring Friends school bus dialog and No fraterniation that Syberspunk posted in the School Bus Bring Friends thread?

Because I noticed that I was having children "appearing" home more often than not when their teen siblings arrived home and while I'm not saying this mod caused it, removing it and replacing it with TJ's original mod solved the problem, I suspect the combined version doesn't play nice with something else I have in my hacks folder and maybe this is your problem.

I DO have that little modified mod...

I'll have to go back to the non modified version and see how it works.

THANK YOU!!!
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 28, 07:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... I'm curious Jorenne, do you also have InTeen? Maybe the combined version I made conflicts with InTeen somehow or the flavor pack.

Currentyl, in my game, I've only been playing one house that has several children in it at different ages. I had nofrat and twojeffs' original version in my game... and it took me a while to notice that the school bus dialog thing stopped working for me. Heh. I'm pretty slow. Tongue Which prompted me to discover the conflict and attempt to make a combined version. However... by the time I did this, all of the children in my house were all teens. So... I never witnessed this problem of younger children showing up/teleporting home along with their older sibs. Undecided

I guess I could test it out sometime when I get a chance. I'm just wondering if... without InTeen, does my combined version still cause the problem. If so, then of course I'll look into trying to fix it. I take it that you don't get error logs when this happens and have debug mode turned on?

Ste

Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 28, 15:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have inteen, but not the back to school flavour pack, the flavour oack isn't compatible with TJ's original dialog.

Actually, I do have an error log from this, which is what prompted me to go back to using Jeffs original and ditching no frat, because although I have had the problem for a while and tried a few different things and combinations of switching mods in and out this was one mod I had never considered as being a problem.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 28, 15:49:55 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 28, 15:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That error doesn't match the currently available version. It either is outdated, or you have something non-awesome conflicting with it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 28, 15:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The currently available version of what? 

Of no frat?  I wasn't using it.  Of the school bus thing, there is only one version of the combined one isn't there?  Inteen?  I have the update as of July 9th. Of the GAME? I may not trust Maxis but I've still patched. Huh
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 28, 15:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, then, I have no idea what your error is from, but it ain't from me. Also:

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 28, 17:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er... silly Pescado. Tongue Jorenne, would you mind reposting your error log so I can take a look at it, and see if the problem is due to my combined version.

When you had that error, you were using just InTeen right?

Bain, I'm curious which hacks you had in your game at the time. You had InTeen and the school flavor pak, right? Did you get any error logs when the children came home at the wrong time?

I'll try and test things out today to see if I get a problem. Also curious, when this happened in your game, were any of your sims in private school? It probably doesn't matter, but I'm just curious.

Ste

Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 28, 17:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ste,

Yes I was just using inteen, the back to school flavour pack conflicts with the bring friends dialog anyway, it says that on both the inteen site and the bring friends thread.

The child in that error log I don't recall offhand if they are in private school or not (from where they live in my hood it's quite probable they are, but may not be) but I had the same problem with public school as well.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 28, 19:24:48 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 28, 18:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jorenne, I found out the problem. It turns out that I had gone back and redid the combined hack from scratch, but I did not update the attached file. Stupid me. Tongue

The older version that was causing the error is dated 6/27/2006. I checked the combined version in my game and it is dated 7/22/2006. Duh me. In my confusion and frustration, I probably just forgot to update the file in the .zip that I attached. I have now re-uploaded the proper version. Hopefully it shouldn't cause any problems now. You can find it here. If you're curious, the problem was, in the older version, I forgot to declare the new locals.

I scanned it, and it indeed conflicts with the InTeen flavor pak. So, as Jorenne pointed out, if you are using the back to school flavor pak, you wouldn't be able to use either nofrat or the school bus dialog hacks anyway. If you were trying to use it with the back to school flavor pak, you might have gotten unexpected behaviour. That flavor pak modifies some of the same BHAVs, and adds some extra InTeen specific checks, which look like they might be age checks. Just for the heck of it, I threw an InTeen compatible version together. Theoretically, it should work, but it is untested by me. I just stuck the same InTeen specific bhav tests in the same places that it should be inside the combined school bus dialog/nofrat hack.

Ste

Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 28, 18:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh, well there we go, glad we could get it all straightened out Smiley

*runs off to download the new combined version*
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 28, 23:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick fyi, I wasn't using the back to school flavor pack... but I was using the no adult teen and no age of consent modifications to inteenimater.

At the moment, I am using 2jeffs school bus mod without no frat. No occurences of the child coming home with the teen from school now.

Don't ask me to list all my hacks... I have over 200...
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 29, 07:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh ok. No sweat. But it definitely was that version of the combined hacks that I posted. You can try out the proper version. That's the one that I've had in my game since, and I haven't had any pop ups/teleporting home from younger children. It probably needs testing to be sure, but it should be safe and hopefully bug free this time. Tongue

Ste

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: