More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 09:28:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Smart Milk and the college years
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Smart Milk and the college years  (Read 14309 times)
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Smart Milk and the college years
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 10, 11:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, thanks! I remembered most of everything else except visiting the community lots part, and letting the macro take care of skills building eventually dulled memories of some of those informations I read Tongue.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 10, 15:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, thanks! I remembered most of everything else except visiting the community lots part, and letting the macro take care of skills building eventually dulled memories of some of those informations I read Tongue.
Yeah, I had forgotten about the community lots thing too.  I think I must have decided that didn't apply to me at the moment because I never visited community lots at the time.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 11, 04:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave a tot smart milk 30 min before aging--she aged in glow.  I tested her after she aged and she still tested at 300.  It stuck so far.  I'm going to go back in a while and continue testing.  In my experience they tend to lose it if you don't play them for too long.  Probably due to what was discused earlier(they probably are going to community lots).  It is always full of kids.  I only play downtown now and I never see kids.  So hopfully that will help.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 11, 12:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It resets the sim's IQ to its baseline, which is 100.  Smart milk and the the thinking cap only boost your sims IQ or rate of learning temporarily, except that when your sim gets stuck on smart milk, they continue learning faster until one of the things happens that JM mentioned above.  Then they are normal again.

Yeah, I understood that, I was only joking  Tongue

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 11, 13:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It resets the sim's IQ to its baseline, which is 100.  Smart milk and the the thinking cap only boost your sims IQ or rate of learning temporarily, except that when your sim gets stuck on smart milk, they continue learning faster until one of the things happens that JM mentioned above.  Then they are normal again.

Yeah, I understood that, I was only joking  Tongue
Sorry, I didn't recognize that. Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 15, 19:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to see if I could teach a former townie teen to study now he's in college, but I wasn't getting the option to ask for help with assignment.  The Prima guide said this would be available through an interaction with the assignment book.  I was trying to do it with two sims who lived in the same household.  The guide says that assisting another student with their assignment would enable them to complete assignments in half the time (they usually take about an hour).  But it seemed to imply this was only available to a playable sim to an unplayable sim.  So I went to the sorority house where his girlfriend lives and had her invite him over.  I made him selectable long enough to have him spawn an assignment and cancel the action to do it.  Then I clicked on his assignment book, and my sim had the option to do the assignment, help with, or tutor for simoleans.  I chose help with.  I had to repeat this a second time, and half way through it, they both got the books over their head and a memory of teaching to study/being taught to study.  But as long as he was selectable, the option wasn't there.  I had to make him unselectable for it to work.  I don't know why it works this way though.  It seems to be the opposite of the way homework works for teens.  Teens can only be taught to study by someone in the same household.  Anyway, I thought this might help someone understand how this works.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 15, 19:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to see if I could teach a former townie teen to study now he's in college, but I wasn't getting the option to ask for help with assignment.  The Prima guide said this would be available through an interaction with the assignment book.  I was trying to do it with two sims who lived in the same household.  The guide says that assisting another student with their assignment would enable them to complete assignments in half the time (they usually take about an hour).  But it seemed to imply this was only available to a playable sim to an unplayable sim.  So I went to the sorority house where his girlfriend lives and had her invite him over.  I made him selectable long enough to have him spawn an assignment and cancel the action to do it.  Then I clicked on his assignment book, and my sim had the option to do the assignment, help with, or tutor for simoleans.  I chose help with.  I had to repeat this a second time, and half way through it, they both got the books over their head and a memory of teaching to study/being taught to study.  But as long as he was selectable, the option wasn't there.  I had to make him unselectable for it to work.  I don't know why it works this way though.  It seems to be the opposite of the way homework works for teens.  Teens can only be taught to study by someone in the same household.  Anyway, I thought this might help someone understand how this works.

I remember reading in a post (sorry - don't remember where) but that the "tutoring" is how you train the college student. It's just like helping a child with their homework with the added benefit that the one that is giving the help also gets paid for it. I can't say whether this is accurate or not because I've just let the townies stay ignorant and my sims play instruments if they need cash.  Undecided
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 15, 19:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim teach a former dormie to study when they were living together in a greek house.

The teaching sim has to have a better GPA then the sim being taught.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 15, 20:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim teach a former dormie to study when they were living together in a greek house.

The teaching sim has to have a better GPA then the sim being taught.
Mine all have 4.0 GPAs.  Unless it includes the current semester, but my sim was a sophomore, and even the junior or seniors couldn't teach him.  Undecided
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 15, 21:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little update on smart milk:

I used Pescado's baby controller to test IQ on a toddler I was playing.  The mother was made in CAS after Nightlife was installed, but before the patch.  Father was a townie.  Baby was born normally in-game.

Toddler showed an IQ of 300 after being fed smart milk.  Bathing the toddler did not change the IQ back to 100 as Pescdado mentioned earlier.  Child still had the 300 IQ, 400 if being taught on a career reward object.  Teen had a 500 IQ while being trained on the fingerprint scanner while wearing a thinking cap, IQ returned to 300 after removing the cap.

Teen's IQ went back to 100 after installing the patch, as expected, as all Sims are reset at this time.

I doubt if it matters, but the toddler was never fed anything but smart milk.  I figure if I go through almost two complete smart milk aspiration rewards, I've paid for my Sim's high IQ.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 16, 00:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt if it matters, but the toddler was never fed anything but smart milk.  I figure if I go through almost two complete smart milk aspiration rewards, I've paid for my Sim's high IQ.
Pre-NL, it just took one bottle of smart milk to stick, if it became unstuck for some reason, feed them another one, and if the child transitioned with an IQ of 300, then it would keep it until an error made him reset or I installed an EP, a patch, InTeen, or something like that.  Pescado said that the baby controller would detect when your toddler's IQ falls and direct an older sim to feed him smart milk if available.  Otherwise, he gets plain old milk (or Inge's bottomless bottle).

Haven't tried this since NL or the patch.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 16, 01:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd never had the IQ tester when raising Sim kids before, but I knew smart milk was the key.  And somehow it could get unstuck, we just didn't know how.  I got into the habit of feeding all toddlers nothing but smart milk, just in case.

What's odd is to get a set of twins and have one with the fast learning skill and one without.  And to the best of my ability they were both treated the same.  At least next set of twins I'll be able to test what's going on.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 16, 01:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd never had the IQ tester when raising Sim kids before, but I knew smart milk was the key.  And somehow it could get unstuck, we just didn't know how.  I got into the habit of feeding all toddlers nothing but smart milk, just in case.

What's odd is to get a set of twins and have one with the fast learning skill and one without.  And to the best of my ability they were both treated the same.  At least next set of twins I'll be able to test what's going on.

Hook

I once raised 7 toddlers to teens (with a little help during the toddler years, heheh), but they all grew up "smart."  Only two were able to keep theirs all the way through to maxing out all skills.  They were almost able to do it before becoming teens.  A few lost theirs early, but even the one who lost his soon after becoming a child was able to max his skills before he was halfway through his teens.  I felt so sorry for him lagging behind his brothers and sisters.  I used the Skillinator and only skill rewards their parents earned, and they acted as instructors when they had time, which wasn't often.  With some I knew when they lost their Smart bit, others I didn't know.  Usually I'd get an error since I have debug mode on, and when I had to reset them, they would be back to 100.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: