More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 16:06:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV Legacy suggestions?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV Legacy suggestions?  (Read 5403 times)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
BV Legacy suggestions?
« on: 2008 February 10, 03:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice that as of today, Pinstar has not updated his Legacy Challenge Scoring (new) for BV. Does anyone know if there are BV scoring suggestions anywhere? Does anyone but the Beancounters care about the Legacy score anymore?

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Re: BV Legacy suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 10, 04:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the legacy challenge is pretty much just playing the game exactly like you would anyway, only with points for doing those things. So I suppose you could extrapolate. Extra points for getting vacation memories/ special objects/abilities, like catching the ninja and getting a voodoo doll?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 10, 04:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Just you.  Grin  I find the Legacy Challenge inspiring, but too restrictive for actual gameplay. Plus, I hate forcing deaths.

Anyways, BoolProp, for all its fuzzyness, is usually a good place to check for unofficial updates to the Legacy Challenge. I just did some quick searches there and didn't find anything. Pinstar changed rules for Apocalypse, though.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 10, 04:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been adding 1 point for every Sim that dies a platinum death with all 45 vacation mementos. Any points earned after 10 go into the overflow category.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 10, 13:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been adding 1 point for every Sim that dies a platinum death with all 45 vacation mementos. Any points earned after 10 go into the overflow category.
I am pretty certain this is a form of torture, given that vacations get repetitive and boring before then!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 10, 15:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Points for seducing a local?

Points for wedding a local?
« Last Edit: 2008 February 11, 07:09:07 by Jelenedra » Logged

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 11, 01:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you mean "seducing?"

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 11, 07:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I did. =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 11, 08:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't 1 point at the end of the challenge if everyone (or at least heirs and their spouses) in the family has all 45 vacation mementos be more "Pinstar-ish" Tongue?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 11, 15:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it is more likely to be written "If one heir dies platinum with all vacation memories, earn one point. This point may only be earned once."

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 11, 15:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the OFB rule "any Sim that dies a platinum death with all 7 gold talent badges will earn 1 point in this category" as a basis for my unofficial vacation memento rule. The single point rules lean towards object collections and can be acquired over multiple generations, whereas the talent badge type of rule requires more involvement and effort with a single Sim during his or her lifetime. Adding a point at the end of the challenge seems to be reserved only for handicaps, not the basic rules of the challenge. It is tedious as all hell (much like many of the other rules) but I usually have my Sims take the whole family so the younger ones are skilling or being encouraged and the older ones are digging or working on talent badges so the time isn't a complete waste.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 11, 17:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, but what about child prodigy? It's been a bit since I've looked at the collection rules, but there's one that has to have $14000 in scholarships and straight A's. There's another who has to have platinum aging, birthday parties, and all skill points by the time they turn teen. Those are definitely one-time but only restricted to one sim, not like the bonuses for having all career objects.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 11, 17:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, I tend to forget about the Master category as part of the main set of rules because most of them unlock the various aspirations. I guess it comes down to whether or not you feel getting all of the mementos is hard enough and what, if anything, accomplishing the task should unlock. For me, completing the travel book is more tedious than difficult, but I think that some of the other Master points like the Capitalist Master and Child Prodigy are trivial to earn as well. You could say that the founder and every heir has to acquire all of the vacation mementos in order to receive the point, or just a single heir like rohina said. BV didn't add much to the actual gameplay itself so there isn't a whole lot to choose from, so I just picked something that would acknowledge the EP in some fashion.

JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 14, 00:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been trying to send each couple on vacation so that I can get a romantic picture of them for someone back at the house to paint.  Then I hang it somewhere in the house, mainly the heir's bedroom.  Don't you get a point for painting a picture of each heir and their spouse before they die?  This is my bv updated version since he hasn't added any rules, I barely do anything differently.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: