More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 17:07:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Diva not respawning
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Diva not respawning  (Read 4750 times)
pmewa_yht_beb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Diva not respawning
« on: 2008 February 10, 07:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'm probably doing something wrong or putting something in the wrong place, but I've been searching this site for a while, it's late and my eyes are starting to hurt soooo...
 If someone already posted this problem I apologize:

I have two neighborhoods going in my game (mine, and my sister's). We each have a romance sim who has asked a Diva to move in for the money, and in both neighborhoods a new Diva doesn't seem to be respawning. Hacks in my game are minimal (anti-redundancy, newest version of the insimenator, a few of christianlov's objects and some of squinge's pose hacks), I have all EPs and all SPs except H&M and celebrations.

Is something wrong? I've restarted the game several times, gone to community lots with different sims (I heard this helps spawning??), and am contemplating using the NPC creator to just spawn one myself. Should I keep being patient, or is there something wrong and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance --PyB
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Diva not respawning
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 10, 07:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you have notownieregen they won't respawn no matter what.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 10, 13:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Diva is a redundant NPC and therefore will not respawn automatically under antiredundancy. You can manually order one to be respawned if you want.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pmewa_yht_beb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 10, 19:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!

I tried spawning my own (using the boolprop NPC creator) and kept getting Mr. Big (I already have one). Would this have anything to do with the fact that I was trying to respawn a Diva on a lot where my ex-Diva lives?

Also, I don't have any of the noregen mods.

One more question, are maids or firemen considered "redundant", because I moved Remington London (a maid) and Neil Letourneau (a fireman) into a lot and I don't think I've gotten a new maid or fireman to replace them yet. My theory was they don't spawn until I hire a maid/start a fire, is that right?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 10, 19:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to change the gender then spawn the Diva. It will still say Mr Big (I think) on the tree/gun though.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 10, 19:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr. Big and Diva are the same character. Mr. Big is simply the male version of Diva. They share the same template and all the same behaviors.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pmewa_yht_beb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 10, 19:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I was able to get a new Diva. Thanks again. In case anyone couldn't tell, I'm new to NPC creation (it's one of the few things I hardly ever use boolprop for). Should I do this for a new maid or just wait for one to spawn? (It's not like I really need more maids after all).

And one more thing, one of my sims recently married a Three Lakes local, will another one spawn in her place or do I have to do that manually too? (I don't mind, I didn't think manual spawning would be so easy).
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 10, 22:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, you don't respawn a new maid until you actually hire a new one. Why respawn a file you don't use?

The game will automagically spawn one for you. Anti-redundacy just makes it so you're game doesn't spawn NPCs until you need one. For example, every household will have the same maid, instead of randomly getting assigned one of three (the games default amount). You will only have one maid unless you invited the housekeeper over before their shift. If your housekeeper is there socializing, instead of starting to clean because their "shift" started, the game will crap out a new one to come do their job for them.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 11, 19:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have antiredundancy installed, but the game had spontaneously generated one for a CommLot random "service personnel" walk-by. Of course, when my sim later called to hire a maid, that same maid was in the hiring queue all by himself. So it's possible to have one spawned without the hiring call, but antiredundancy is still in effect.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 11, 19:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I was able to get a new Diva. Thanks again. In case anyone couldn't tell, I'm new to NPC creation (it's one of the few things I hardly ever use boolprop for). Should I do this for a new maid or just wait for one to spawn? (It's not like I really need more maids after all).

And one more thing, one of my sims recently married a Three Lakes local, will another one spawn in her place or do I have to do that manually too? (I don't mind, I didn't think manual spawning would be so easy).

I just looked it up (I recently moved in a Three Lakes local) and there is in fact a new sim. I haven't send another sim to Three Lakes since then, but I am rather sure that it is a local. The new one is a woman (the original was male) and there is a chance that she might be a new townie. I haven't seen her in town though and in my experience the townies/downtownies are not replaced unless they go below a certain number.
I was wondering about that question, because I plan to send some of the local teenagers to college eventually and I do not want to depopulate the vacation spots.

I got a new maid too when Kaylynn joined a household. She was replaced by a male maid and he showed up in all the houses where Kaylynn used to clean.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 12, 16:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having fewer locals is probably a good idea. If there are too many of them on one lot they tend to NEVER do the local greeting to your playables. They spend too much time greeting each other.

At least, the one time I went on vacation that was the case. I had to make a local selectable to get them to bow to a playable.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: