More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:23:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do YOU Pleasantview?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do YOU Pleasantview?  (Read 31737 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: How do YOU Pleasantview?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 08, 22:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Brandi had her third baby, and I can't remember for the life of me what I named him now.   Cheesy

And she was getting desperate for money!  They could scarcely feed themselves, much less their two cats.  Dustin was in a permanent aspiration failure and tantrumming all over the place so Brandi kicked him off to college.  Then one day, a rich old man named Mortimer came walking by.....  hmmmm....

She immediately went to talk to him.  Eventually her charm and her young, lovely body won Morty over and he proposed.  Right before the wedding, they decided to consummate their relationship on the sofa, traumatizing poor Alexander who was just coming down to get some breakfast.

Alexander moved off to college, Beau moved off to college, and Cassandra was so disgusted by her old man dad constantly boffing a girl younger than herself that she moved into an apartment complex down the street with Chip Trepie and some others from the neighborhood.

I think Morty is gonna die soon, and he'll  probably die screwing.  Then Brandi will pick a nice young thing to play with while she decides what to do with ALL THAT MONEY!

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 08, 22:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Brandi Broke lured ol kilt-wearing Brandon Lillard into her web so she could make the 10,000 babies. And she did. So there are elevendy Broke girls running around the neighborhood, all made before Brandi's SimUterus melted. Dustin Broke grew up and hooked up with Nina Calente, who has decided he's a vacuous boytoy. The Broke girls are the "first kiss" of every teen in that 'hood. Then they get tossed aside when the kids go off to Uni.

I started a new game under a unique pared-down account I made just for playing the Sims (which ran a lot faster) and in that version Nina fell in love with Brandi. Those two get on very well together!

I like the premade hoods because I am lazy!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 08, 22:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too. I like the premade hoods b/c I don't have to establish a back-story - it's all already there. I have a hard time caring about my sims if I'm not attached to them via backstory or something. Plus I'm hopelessly vain, and all my sims are perfectly beautiful. The Maxis fugness adds some variety.

Dina and Don Lothario were my favorite family for a long time. They've been inching towards elder stage for forever now, but I always have a hard time letting them actually transition b/c I like them so much. Dina had a whirl w/ Mortimer, giving birth to a baby girl, but when Mortimer caught her cheating w/ Don, she took her divorce settlement and ran. She and Don got married, and Dina decided to strike out and make her own mark in the world w/ the divorce money. Thru the years she's given birth to 2 sets of twins plus another little girl, all gorgeous. Nowadays, Dina's a cosmetics mogul living in a spacious villa with her family. She and Don have been married for ages and neither have cheated once, nor had cheat wants. Not a lot of drama, but they're just sort of interesting day to day. I could go on with them, but really, I'm rambling enough as is.

Brandi caught the eyes of a hot, young (albeit somewhat stiff) bachelor w/old-money roots. Despite her bevy of kids, he was enamored, and promptly married her. He's kinda vanilla and boring but for his businesses, which rake in a whole lot of dough. Brandi, having all this money, proceeded to indulge, particularly in food. For the life of me I could not get Brandi to lose her weight and keep it off. So, she's staying fat. Her hubby likes the extra flesh though, me thinks.

Except for Dustin, both her boys are kinda loose, despite not being romance sims. Beau started dating Lucy Burb and then cheated on her w/ Cassandra & Darren's daughter. Ethan (the Brandi clone) promptly swooped in and swept Lucy off her feet. Of course, Beau then got furious at both of them, despite being the cheater! He then attacked Ethan, and now they both hate each other. Of course, after a few days of dating, now Ethan is starting to have wandering eyes. All that drama w/ Lucy and now he wants to hop into bed w/ one of the Lothario twins.

Cassandra is married to Darren, and she's sort of weird in that she runs around in her victorian house in victorian gowns and meanwhile is a scientist. Her kids are surprisingly good looking - Darren has good genes.

Jennifer Burb also runs around in Indian dress. Aside from her daughter's drama it's the only thing that makes the Burbs interesting.

Alexander's also engaged to a gorgeous young debutante. She's arty and intellectual and doesn't care for looks - which is why she's w/ Alexander. I was hoping she could defug the Goth line, but alas, aside from a rather handsome Jewish-looking kid, all the other kid combos (using the insim) are pretty damn fug. Still - Morty's Jewish! I could run w/ that as a storyline.
CatGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 08, 23:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've reloaded Pleasantview a few times, but I've been playing this version on and off for about a year. Yes, I am also a SLOW player. In a previous version, Don had alien twins thanks to TwoJeffs' telescope hack. That was hilarious!

I recreated my favorite family from TS1, Frankie and Sylvia Marie Mashuga. They live in a lavender octagonal house (much larger than the TS1 original) with their three children, Chelsea, Clinton and Hillary. Frankie's made it to the top of the Business career and is now working on becoming a criminal mastermind. Sylvia Marie is a police psychic.

Cassandra and Don never got married but Don did move in and they had a daughter named Belladonna. Mortimer married Dina and they had a son named Vlad. Dina and Don had an affair, which produced twins Lucrezia and Cesare. Cassandra caught Don and Dina in flagrante and kicked Don out. Dina moved out with the twins, leaving Mortimer with toddler Vlad. Cassandra married Darren and he moved into the Goth mansion. They have had two sons, Duane and Dartagnan. Mortimer rolled up a LTW to be Chief of Staff. Thanks to NoAgeDiscrimination, he's nearly there. Meanwhile, he has consumed several vats of elixir of life. He is still married to Dina and still in love with her. He's totally clueless about her relationship to Don.

Dina moved back in with Nina, and thanks to the Tombstone of L&D, became pregnant with the ghost of Michael Bachelor. This produced twins Tango and Mambo. Nina couldn't take it and moved out on her own, where she has had babies with Daniel Pleasant and Alexander Goth. Don moved in with Dina and has actually turned out to be a halfway decent father to the two sets of twins. He confines his extracurricular activities to other lots.

I let Mary-Sue catch Daniel with Kaylynn, so she kicked him out. Herb and Coral moved in and worked with Angela and Lilith so they at least weren't enemies. Both of the twins are at University. Mary-Sue met Don and got pregnant with a baby she named Adriana. She also adopted a baby named Jessie. Herb died in platinum and Coral almost immediately married the repairman Waylon Fairchild.

Daniel lives alone in one of the cheap houses near the Lothario and Caliente lots. He spends his time seducing any woman who walks by. So far he's had children with Kaylynn and Nina.

In this incarnation of Pleasantview, I resurrected Skip Broke and remarried him to Brandi. In addition to the baby Brandi was originally pregnant with (Bobby), they have had another child, Betsy. Dustin and Beau are at Sim State. Skip made it to the top of the Business career, then switched over to acting. Brandi has a torrid affair with Nina going on the side.

John and Jennifer Burb have had one additional child, Leopold. Totally boring couple.

Before he went off to University, Dirk Dreamer resurrected Darleen. Darleen came back with all her characteristics maxed (she's a pain in the butt) and married a townie named Randy Patch. They have a baby named Adam.

Kaylynn lives in the cabin by the water tower with her son by Daniel (Louis) and her daughter by Don (Laura).

At Sim State: Alexander Goth, Angela Pleasant, Lilith Pleasant, Dustin Broke, Beau Broke, Dirk Dreamer, Lucy Burb, Belladonna Goth,  Tango Caliente, Mambo Caliente, Vlad Goth, Lucrezia Lothario, Cesare Lothario. Thanks to Herb's death, Angela and Lilith are both quite rich.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 09, 09:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, currently:
Bella's abduction was no "surprise" to Mortimer--he planned the entire thing to get rid of her. He WAS a mad scientist after all.  Having rid himself of what he considered to be an overly flirtatious and generally silly excuse for a first wife, he knocked up Dina and married her.  Dina desperately wanted to hatch out at least one Goth boy--and wound up with 3 daughters, Gretel, Genevieve, and Gina (really, it was my fault--before my last reset, Mortimer and Dina had a son, Gonzo, who I liked a lot. I was hoping to sort-of recreat him.  Oh well, next time.)

Brandi Broke married Brandon Lillard, even though all three of her boys preferred Goopy.  Brandi and Brandon had one child (Angus) of their own, another boy, figures.  Brandon cheats every chance he gets, and Brandi cries for a while and then forgives him.  She never was lucky in love, was she?

Dustin married Angela, and they are expecting their second child.  They are bored silly (and boring) but that's what you get for marrying the childhood sweetheart without shopping around a bit first.  Their parents could have told them that.

Beau is married to Meadow Thayer and altho they are currently really living up to the "Broke" name, they seem happy enough.  Meadow has a perfectly awful haircut, but Beau seems to think she's cute anyway.

The third Broke boy, the one Brandi was carrying at the beginning, is Rocky.  He's busy making money and being friends with pretty much everyone, and has no time at all, apparently, for romance.  Growing up around a dysfunctional marriage like Brandi's to Brandon will do that to ya, I guess.

Angus Lillard (son of Brandi and Brandon) seems to have a goal of relaxing in every bed in Pleasantview at least once.  He's well on his way.

Lucy Burb married Orlando Bertino.  He's really crazy about her--when they were teens, he asked her to go steady and she refused, and he actually attacked poor old Coral Oldie and beat the crap out of her.  That's love.  Unfortunately for Orlando, Lucy has a roving eye.  She wants to have sex in public--and not with Orlando.  I foresee Orlando having reason to beat the crap out of some other unlucky elderly female sometime in the near future.

Nina Caliente is cheerfully living in sin--and luxury--with Don Lothario.  It's a funny thing; they are the most in-love couple I've ever seen (in the sims, anyways) and can't keep their hands off one another--but twin boys were recently born and they bear a really amazing likeness to Brandi Broke's husband.  Damn, how'd that happen?

Lilith married Dirk, as expected, and everything seems fine, but, they haven't so far been able to have a child, and Lilith has somehow become close friends with Don Lothario.  They really are just friends so far, but Don seems to enjoy the fact that Nina and Lilith get into a knock-down-drag-out catfight every time they come near one another, and as soon as he figures out that he's NOT the reason Nina's kids are ugly, he just might make a move on Nina's arch-enemy.

Darren married Cassandra. They are dull, their kids are dull, and most of the town wishes Cassandra had been abducted with her mother.

Mary-Sue and Daniel just managed to have a baby son before time ran out on 'em, and named him Jeffrey.  He's now married to an incredibly beautiful, and somewhat slutty lady--the daughter of a pair of CAS sims. 

Alexander is married to a CAS sim named Violet, but he's lately realized that he should have married Marisa Bendett.  Violet may to get "abducted."  Like father, like son.

John and Jennifer are still John and Jennifer.  They are trying for a new baby before it's Too Late, now that they've realized that Lucy is utterly worthless.

Coral and Herb adopted a daughter (Rose) on day one, and Coral just managed to live long enough to see Rose become a teenager.  Now Rose is a pretty redhaired orphaned teen with a respectable inheritance, and don't you know that every man in Pleasantview is thinking THAT over?

MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 November 09, 09:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've always tryed to againg the fairview lots but for some reasons i've always lost or screwed up the hood :\
that's why i've made it new one  Roll Eyes
Ashleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 November 09, 13:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, let's see. I combined all my neighborhoods recently and weeded out all the townies except for Gordon the burglar and Kaylynn the maidwhore, but Pleasantview has stayed mostly pure as far as crossovers.

Mortimer Goth married the blonde Caliente slut and got her knocked up. They had a boy. Alexander aged to teen and is too much of a nerd to get any booty. Cassandra married Darren Dreamer and is now pregnant. Dirk and Lilith are still going for the gold.

The Oldies adopted another daughter, a teenager named Mia. Herb promptly died and I moved Coral and her new child in with the Pleasants. I keep making Daniel Pleasant sick on purpose so he's constantly running to the bathroom or coughing. Hopefully he'll die soon. Everyone else in that house is doing what they're supposed to, I think. I'm too lazy to care.

The redhaired Caliente moved in with our friend Don Lothario and they are seducing all the same people.

Jennifer and John Burb had another baby that I named Ethel and then Jennifer died, so now John Burb is dating Brandi Broke and Brandi's pregnant for the fourth time, so I'm about to move them in together and hum the Brady Bunch theme. Lucy Burb is dating the youngest Grunt from Strangetown.

I think that about covers it.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 November 09, 21:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the current Pleasantview edition, Cassandra adopts any homeless kitten she can - unfortunately there are only 3 available ones Smiley Darren and his birdie joined her after Dirk moved on to college and enjoys his new art gallery.

Don left his old home behind and moved in with a CAS modell lady. They share a house from the "American Way" home collection, available on MTS2.

After Dina moved in with Mortimer and teenage Alexander, Nina - with a brand new Popularity aspiration - stayed behind and is living a very lonely life, aka: I haven't played her again after giving her a make-over.

Mortimer slapped Alexander's nanny so much that they are now worst enemies... she still lives with them, though. Happy slapping time at least twice a day. Wink

Mary-Sue kicked Daniel out, still has the worst revenge plans for that lousy maid, and she starts to befriend both her daughters. Her parents meanwhile rented a castle like Victorian town home and adopted another girl plus one dog.

Angela and Lilith are getting ready to move to college. Angela made it to over-archiever in the medical field, while Lillith pursuits her dream of a Bohemian life style.

Daniel moved in with his sister, which didn't really please his brother-in-law. But he cares for Lucy as if she was his own child, at least he tries beside his various romances in the neighbourhood.

The Broke family had the honour to get my first self-created doggy... the loveliest Rottweiler-Staffordshire you could ever dream of. Until he was taken away... just shortly after Beau got taken by the Social Worker. Ummm, that wasn't part of the rulebook, but I don't mind. Brandi didn't have her 3rd child yet due to an annoying bug which seriously needs fixing ... and Dustin is heartbroken without his beloved dog - oh, and befriended brother.

Lately, I added that future-style family from PETS, but didn't play them properly yet.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 November 10, 03:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played Pleasantview for a while (and dammit, I'm now thinking about resetting again!) but from memory...

I quickly visited the Goth house to get Cassandra knocked up by Don (without a wedding? Gasp!).  How will her father react?!  Read on...

Don woohooed Nina, Kaylynn and then just as he was wooing Dina who should walk past but a pregnant Cassandra.  Don took it as an opportunity to break the engagement, threw her off the lot then, without missing a beat, got Dina into the hottub.  Vindictive vecki struck and he took a ride with ET later that night (I have a great sequence of shots where he farted on the telescope then promptly got abducted).  He now has an attractive teenage daughter, Juanita - she's a family sim (I just wanna breed those alien genetics).  The plus of Juanita being an alien is that she doesn't freak out at every new girlfriend Don has.

As soon as Cassandra began to show in her pregnancy, she and Mortimer began arguing about "morals" and such.  Morty disinherited Cassandra and booted her out on the street.  He then married Dina who had a set of cheesecake twins, Jason and Ulysses.  Will one of these boys displace the quiet (and decidedly gay) Alexander as the heir to the Goth Manor?  Does Alex even want to remain the heir or will he step aside of his own accord?  Who knows?  I sure as hell don't!?  The very night Morty died Dina went out on the town and met Mr. Big Damien Young.  Dina Goth quickly became Dina Young and still lives in the Goth Manor with her boys and Damien, and now has a toddler daughter Daphne Young.

Darren kindly took Cassandra into his house.  Dirk couldn't stand how lovey-dovey they are and was desperately dreaming of college.  After Cassandra's son by Don, Hector, was born, they threw a massive wedding party, even Morty came and was trying to reconcile with his daughter but sadly it was too little, too late for that.  Cass and Darren now have two sons and a daughter - David, Bella, and.... erm...

Brandi Broke now has 7 children, Dustin, Beau, Brady and Skip (cheesecake twins of the cloned pregnancy) by Skip, Beatrice by Don, and Bridget and Barbara (more cheesecake twins) by new husband John Burb.  It took some doing to get Brandi and John together but the fireworks at the Burb house were very entertaining (more on that later).  They've also adopted an imaginatively named dog, Tucker, just as much a doofus as the original Tucker from Unleased was.  A much larger dog, though (It was Tucker, right?)

Nina had an 'oops!  I hit try for baby instead of woo-hoo' Cheesy moment with Don, giving him his fourth child, Carlos, who, surprise surprise, is a romance sim.  Aside from Juanita, he's the only child of Don who has a decent relationship with his father.  This does lead to problems as Carlos does NOT approve of Nina whoring herself out for anything in pants (and a few in skirts too!).  Carlos will come to understand this in time... I hope, or I foresee many visits from the shrink for him.

Ah the Pleasants, Mary-Sue missed out on seeing Daniel and Kaylynn getting it on, though she didn't bat an eyelash at the pair of them eating hamburgers in their underwear (stupid woman) so I had Daniel be even stupider and kiss Kaylynn in front of MS.  The inevitable throw out scene ensued followed by some bitching between Lilith&Angela and Lilith&Mary-Sue leading to Lilith running away.  After a brief consideration of bringing her back I decided not to have MS call to report Lilith missing as I figured some time out on the streets, away from MS and Angela would do her good.  Didn't stop her from dropping round to visit Uncle John and Auntie Jennifer Burb every so often Undecided.  Angela kept seeing Dustin, MS suddenly fell for Komei Tellerman - and I was not expecting that AT ALL.  Herb and Coral Oldie moved in across the road from MS while the twins were at uni (all that time away from high school and Lilith managed to get into college?).  Herb died a day or so before the girls graduated (Lilith graduating with a 4.0 GPA while Angela could only manage 3.9 - hahaha take THAT!), and Lilith and Dirk moved in with Coral, Angela and Dustin in with Mary Sue and Komei.

Daniel moved in with Kaylynn and they have two kids, Kingston and Kayla.  Kaylynn however hasn't forgotten Don and oops! had cheesecake twins Keith and ... erm ... another K-named girl.  Daniel doesn't care, he's permaplat now that he's a hall of famer.  He doesn't even consider cheating on Kaylynn though. He's become a boring old man in his cardigans and dotes on his young children.

As for the Burbs, they were quite dull, they had a second child, Stacey, then when she was only a day or so from becoming a teen, John fell for Brandi Broke.  Hard.  His entire family caught him making out with Brandi and he was summarily thrown out.  Jennifer attacked Brandi but Brandi got the better of her.  Lucy never went to college (she didn't have a want for it or a fear of being uneducated - a real rarity so I didn't bother) but she still bawled uncontrolably after growing up in platinum about the missed opportunity to go to college.

And that's everybody!  I think... except

Currently at Sim State I have most of the premades (Ashley Pitts and Jane Stacks have both graduated), plus Alexander Goth and his paperboy boyfriend, Beau Broke is in the student bin.  Plus a few CAS students.

CRAP!  No wonder that took so long to put together!

<insert witty comment here>
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 November 10, 06:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Pleasantview is very boring. Feel free to skip this post.

Don left Cassandra at the altar (I made sure of this by having her argue with him repeatedly before the almost-ceremony). Darren got Cassandra to fall in love with him and they are now married with 3 children. Darleen's (sp?) ghost was making me mental, so I moved her urnstone to a custom cemetery. Later, I moved the entire family to a lovely house in Victoriaville, the 'historic district' I set up as a subhood, where Cassandra now runs a successful toy shop.

Dirk, Lilith, Angela, and Dustin are now cohabitating in a large house at Sim State University (those scholarships really paid off, so to speak). Since they all drank their re-nu-yu porta chug, the two boys are turned on by red hair and makeup, so everyone has at least 2 lightning bolts for everyone else in the house, and they engage in illicit woohoo whilst their SOs are at class. Before moving them to uni, I had Lilith move out of her parents' house via a 'teens can move out' hack and slowly repaired her relationships over the phone, since face-to-face interactions only led to disaster.

Brandi is a black widow who moves in unsuspecting downtownies, who seem to have more money than regular townies, kills them, and then sells their urnstones. Thanks to 'notownieregen,' she is also reducing the annoying townie population of Pleasantview. I consider this a public service.

Mortimer remains a widower whose only true joy in life has been learning new skills before he dies, which will be soon unless I take pity on him and allow him to drink the elixir of life. Alexander has just become a teenager and is dating Lucy Burb, whom he has been friends with since childhood. After all, Lucy's money-grubbing mother would want nothing less.

John and Jennifer Burb now have a toddler, but they all bore the snot out of me, so I rarely play them. Lucy hates her brother. I foresee much teasing and general nastiness between them.

Herb and Coral Oldie live next door to Darren and Cassandra in Victoriaville. They both work for Florence Delarosa at her home-based flower shop for pathetic wages. They pay unfairly high rent to Malcolm Landgraab, as do Chester Gieke and the Larson siblings, thanks to Monique's tenant/landlord mod.

I made certain that Mary Sue Pleasant caught Daniel cheating. He was thrown out and now lives in one of the condos. He doesn't seem to mind, however, as now he is free to woohoo with whomever he likes, though he does keep spinning wants to kiss, talk to, and dance with Mary Sue, which she will have none of.

I don't play Don Lothario or the Caliente sisters, so I've no idea what they are up to.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 November 10, 07:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not played that 'hood in forever...I need to do that. It really did turn out to be one of my favorite 'hoods.   I've been focusing all my time on one custom neighborhood practically since OFB came out.  Yes, I have a very long attention span when it comes to my families and neighborhoods. 

Dustin, Dirk, Lilith, & Angela all went to college together...of course they ended up pairing up together...Lilith & Dirk and Angela and Dustin.  Angela & Dustin were pretty boring..they had 2 kids together.  Dirk and Lilith ended up getting a divorce.  Before they did they had a son though.  Lilith remarried the gardener, Leo, and had a kid with him.  I think Leo either died while she was pregnant or shortly after in a fire.

Daniel & Mary Sue of course had to break up.  It only seemed right to have happen.  Mary Sue kept the house and Daniel moved off with Kaylynn.  He married her right before he killed over.  I kept trying to get him a son but the woman had 4 girls with the man.  He died and they were pretty poor.  It was quite a disaster at first...everybody was in aspiration failure and there was screaming toddlers and babies all around.  Mary Sue never remarried...she just whored about until she died.

Dina & Mortimor got married and had 2 daughters.  She remained single and just raised the girls until she died.

Alex Goth married the daughter of Angela & Dustin.  He got abducted a lot and had little green babies and one with Naima.  They all died though in this freak fire accident.  I've never had a whole family perish in a fire before.  But he does have his genes still running around.  One of his green son's knocked up Nina's daughter before dying in that fire.

Darren & Cassandra did not end up together.  I always hated them together.  Darren seemed more like the type to be totally aloof to women.  He got abducted and made me a little green baby...but then I started feeling bad for him so he ended up marrying the Nanny that helped raise his daughter.

Dirk married again after divorcing Lilith.  He had the unfortuante fate of marrying a drama professor...that didn't last long.  After his second divorce he finally settled down with the mail lady and had a few more kids.

I brought back Skip for Brandi and they went on to have a set of twin boys and dying of old age.  I think before they died Skip got caught cheating on her but I just made them stay together till they both died.  They bored me.

Don & Nina lived together until they both died.  Never had them get married...why ruin a good thing?  They had a few gorgeous kids together...Don also fathered another child with some random chick in the 'hood

Cassandra's family is one of my favorite...well her daughter now actually...but Cassandra married an exterminator and had three kids.  Her daughter married Don & Nina's son.

I think that's it for the main characters.  I think I'm a few generations deep into it now.

wyrdwing
Blathering Buffoon

Too lazy to be social

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 November 10, 13:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Pleasantview always ends up backward because Don can't keep to himself.  Roll Eyes
I normally use it as my testing grounds for new things and play strangetown or a custom neighbourhood.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 November 10, 16:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not one for playing Maxis hoods, but I was doing some testing thing one day in Strangetown about a year ago, and who should walk by, but Bella Goth. I am always up for a challenge, and I decided there must be a way to reunite Bella and Mortimer, so I went to play the Goth house for a bit.  So Alexander goes to college, and who drops him off? Bella!  Huh I had cinematics on for some odd reason, otherwise I would have never seen that. That was when I KNEW there was a way to get her back. I did, successfully, but since I saw no mention of her while thoroughly skimming ( Tongue) the thread, I thought it best that I not spoil it just in case someone wants to figure it out on their own. So Bella and Mortimer fell in love again since he never did die. I had him drink the Elixer of Life, and then he became a vampire. I let Don leave Cassandra at the altar - after which she married a nice CAS sim and had a cute little boy. Don started chasing after all the teenage girls and never did end up in a committed relationship.

Killed the Caliente sisters, as I found them incredibly irritating. Poor things were too lazy to order groceries....so very sad.

Lillith Pleasant ran away, and grief-stricken Mary Sue started a roaring fire in the kitchen - which was her demise. Daniel kept it up with the maid regularly, and Angela went to college and made friends with Lilith over the phone. Lilith then moves back to the Pleasant house and heads off to college from there.

Darren stayed alone with his painting, and Dirk went to college. Nothing exciting there, really.

I stopped playing that hood after that because it was buggy and bored me. The only reason I played it in the first place, as you know, was to solve the Bella thing.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 November 10, 16:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but Cassandra married an exterminator and had three kids.

I'm not sure if that's sad or hysterical.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2006 November 10, 19:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I stopped playing that hood after that because it was buggy and bored me. The only reason I played it in the first place, as you know, was to solve the Bella thing.

Er... are you pulling our collective sheeplish legs? I thought that you couldn't really reunite Bella, because the other Bellas (I think there are like 3 of them in Pleasantview) are kinda borked? Unless they were fixed by patches? I vaguely recall reading about it, and how one of them is sort of complete but still missing essential data, and the other two are just crappity dupes, perhaps from having the Goth house installed multiple times or something.

Can anyone provide a valid list of Pleasantview dead sims that can be properly resurrected without problems? I thought Pescado said you should pretty much leave the pre-made dead sims alone because they are all totally borked, even tho' one of the EPs supposedly fixed them, they got re-borked in a later EP. Tongue

Ste

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 November 10, 20:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Christ, is this going to turn into yet another Bella thread?

ZOMFG B311@11111111oneoneoneoneone

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 November 11, 00:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SaraMK had a list of resurrectable sims on her website ...it has some for Pleasantview but the dead goths are missing. The other premade neighbourhoods are more complete.

The BBS for what it is worth has this list up.  Since many have a healthy aversion to the site I'll list the main points. NB these sims all have personalities

Resurrectable sims in Pleasantview:

• Michael Bachelor (hubby of Dina, knowledge)
  • Skip Broke (hubby of Brandi, romance)
  • Darleen Dreamer (wife of Darren, family)
  • Agnes Crumplebottom (aunt of Mortimer, knowledge)
  • Simon Crumplebottom (grandfather of Mortimer, knowledge)
  • Prudence Crumplebottom (grandmother of Mortimer, knowledge)
  • Cornelia Goth (mother of Mortimer, knowledge)
  • Gunther Goth (father of Mortimer, popularity)
  • Gretle Goth (grandmother of Mortimer, family)
  • Victor Goth (grandfather of Mortimer, wealth)
  • Frida Goth (aunt of Mortimer, knowledge)
« Last Edit: 2006 November 11, 00:59:28 by vilia » Logged
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 November 11, 02:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er... are you pulling our collective sheeplish legs?

Yes, I am hungry and craving lambchops! Tongue

No, it is really quite simple. If you don't want to know, stop reading NOW.

First, go to the Goth house and look at the family tree. There you will see Bella's picture in color....meaning she is not dead. Then, make yourself a romance sim, Libra or Leo is good (Bella is a Romance Cancer), turn ons should be makeup and black hair. Add them to Pleasantview. Then, call the gypsy and keep paying the max for blind dates. Takes a few dates, but eventually she will drop out of the sky for a date. Now after the date, that sim will maintain the relationship points with her, but will not be able to call or see her. That is because she is now dead - as seen by the now black and white image in the family tree. At this point, you need to get ahold of the Ressurect-o-nomitron...perhaps Alexander can get in the Paranormal career. Then you can resurrect Bella, and all family ties are intact, she has 29 days left, and can live happily ever after. Her memories will be the same as Mortimer's from the time of the date ending as far as family events. Beware -she has NO personality points, and almost no interests...so chatting is not a good idea if you want a successful date with her.  Grin
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 November 11, 03:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never heard this method before. This should go over in the war room, or wherever chance card and buy bar stats are. That way people can say one answer to Bella is over yonder....

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 November 11, 04:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could use twojeffs' crystal ball.  That might speed things up, since you have a choice of 4 or 5...
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 November 11, 05:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er... are you pulling our collective sheeplish legs?

Yes, I am hungry and craving lambchops! Tongue

No, it is really quite simple. If you don't want to know, stop reading NOW.
*snipped by vecki*

The problem with that method is that, as you've noticed, Bella has no personality points so she's an absolute bitch to deal with.  Better by far to tweak her personality in SimPE (hey, if a SimPE moron like me can do it, anyone can) and remove the I am Dead token from her memories, then use a teleporter (say, Inge's shrub) to summon and move Bella in.  You want more detail?  Lemme see if I can find a post on it...

<insert witty comment here>
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 November 11, 10:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, yeah, but that takes the challenge out of it. Besides, the outcome of the date doesn't really matter. She just has to go on a date. Anyway, there needs to be at least one bitchy and intolerant female in the hood Tongue

ETA: Also, I was talking no cheats. Getting her by cheating is easy.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 November 11, 15:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'll leave my Bella exactly where she is for now.

In Strangetown boinking Pascal Curious.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2006 November 11, 20:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resurrectable sims in Pleasantview:

• Michael Bachelor (hubby of Dina, knowledge)
  • Skip Broke (hubby of Brandi, romance)
  • Darleen Dreamer (wife of Darren, family)
  • Agnes Crumplebottom (aunt of Mortimer, knowledge)
  • Simon Crumplebottom (grandfather of Mortimer, knowledge)
  • Prudence Crumplebottom (grandmother of Mortimer, knowledge)
  • Cornelia Goth (mother of Mortimer, knowledge)
  • Gunther Goth (father of Mortimer, popularity)
  • Gretle Goth (grandmother of Mortimer, family)
  • Victor Goth (grandfather of Mortimer, wealth)
  • Frida Goth (aunt of Mortimer, knowledge)

Isn't this just the list of all the pre-made dead sims? Sure you can probably try and resurrect them... but will they be borked? I could have sworn I read somewhere, either in chat or on the boards (but I am too lazy to search for now) that people, maybe even Pescado, advised to stay away from resurrecting Maxis pre-made dead sims. Are we absolutely certain that now all these sims have been fixed (either by patches or later EPs) so that they can be resurrected without problems?

Haha, yeah, but that takes the challenge out of it. Besides, the outcome of the date doesn't really matter. She just has to go on a date. Anyway, there needs to be at least one bitchy and intolerant female in the hood Tongue

ETA: Also, I was talking no cheats. Getting her by cheating is easy.

Hrm... interesting. Well, so you were really only able to do this with/after NL then?

That is kind of wiggy then... I suppose that this is one of the borked Bellas that wasn't actually dead, but then she becomes dead after being instantiated? Hrm. I wonder if this was actually planned all along or just a fluke you managed to exploit. Heh.

Ste

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 November 11, 20:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly question, what if you use Call->Family to become friends with Bella and ask her to move in?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: