More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 17:39:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "boolprop" Phobia
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "boolprop" Phobia  (Read 53712 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: "boolprop" Phobia
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 08, 20:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's pretty much it. Delete on an object works like selling the object except you don't get the money. Delete on a sim works like using move objects to delete (they'll be back when you reload the lot). Reset just resets an object or sim to it's original state when there is a problem the game can't resolve. The game will default to reset anytime it runs into a problem if you don't have debug mode on. Whenever you see a sim 'jump' out of doing something, they are being reset.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 08, 20:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a hack like InSimenator, you can use the "restore family" option to bring back the deleted sim without reloading.  I a not sure if there is a debug mode equivalent, but there might be somewhere.  If you try to teleport them to the lot, I don't think this will work because they won't appear as a controllable family member.  I try to avoid this though, and I save often and keep backups of my neighborhood folders after every playing session on a backup hard drive.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 08, 21:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's pretty much it. Delete on an object works like selling the object except you don't get the money. Delete on a sim works like using move objects to delete (they'll be back when you reload the lot). Reset just resets an object or sim to it's original state when there is a problem the game can't resolve. The game will default to reset anytime it runs into a problem if you don't have debug mode on. Whenever you see a sim 'jump' out of doing something, they are being reset.

I found an exception to this--a sim was having trouble with his car, I think because of a bus/carpool jam up, and he was just idling there in the street in his car for two hours. I clicked the car and hit delete, and the sim and the car vanished, never to reappear on reload. Was it the fact that there were two objects? I'll never know. I suck.  Grin

Also, even though I unlinked him from his family on SimPe and made him dead, he still appears in his family loading screen, happily smiling with his old wife and her new husband. He was boring, so I didn't miss him anyway. His wife is old now, so there he still is, all Dorian Gray-ing it up.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 08, 21:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cars are kind of funky and problematic at times. They always have been for me. Like I had the issue where the nannymobile get stuck off screen somewhere or otherwise was invisible and the old bat would move her ass in, had the gardenermobile blink in and out of existence infinitely and spawn a new gardener every time it did etc. :p

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 08, 22:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I turn it on when something screwy starts happening, so I can get the error message. I usually don't leave it on in normal play, and I don't use features I have no clue about. I do some searching here first, and on the whole, I do prefer stable mods to fix the things that are buggy and/or broken.

There are certain people with specialties anyways. I go crying to Motoki for high-poly adivce and Nanny advice, to Rainbow when I have a more general question, to ZZ when I need help with installing/re-installing, Brynne for picture-taking, Hook for special effects (like dying by flies, lol), Reg for storytelling, etc. (sorry if I left anyone out, it's unintentional), well, you get the picture. And there is always The Big Boss himself. A lot of knowledgeable people here, and I'm not ashamed to take advantage of that.

And then again, you could always defraggle after woolpropping Wink
(sorry, I couldn't resist that one either. It still makes me laugh when I stumble across that thread on the official board)

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 08, 22:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nanny advice? Lol I should start a Dear Nanny column.

Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 08, 22:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boolpropaholic!
 I use it all the time to cheat Grin I use it to get sims pregnant, age babies, age sims, kill sims, rename sims, add so and so to family (very useful if you have a family that had babies while at UNI) and some other stuff too that I can't think of right now. I don't have Inseminator, but from some of what I've read here the debug cheats do a lot of the same things,  I think. I've never had a problem with using any of the features except the game killing remote control car...
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 08, 22:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Ask the Lord of the Nannies!"

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 08, 22:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear Nanny,
Please stop getting bottle after bottle out of the fridge while I'm trying to get to the one you left on the floor halfway across the room.  Also, please come and get me out of this stupid high chair you put me in when I was dead tired and just wanted to go to bed.
Thank You,
The Toddler

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 08, 22:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you should. And then you could use all your "Nanny-Pictures". Oh, I fondly remember your very first Nanny avatar, way back when, but my favorite was the one with the nanny stomped into the ground. I laughed for days, and not even only when I saw it. Earned me some very suspicious looks, LOL.

TaWanda, I use it for name-changing too. I think I would cry if I had to have 'Goopy' or 4 Toshas, 3 Whatevers, and 5 Whatnots ever again. I have nothing especially against Goopy the townie, really. I usually just ignore the more stupid townies anyway, until my cowplant gets hungry that is, but I dislike the name for some reason.  *My apologies if there are any real Goopys out there,  it's just a personal taste matter Wink

Oh how I miss SimPe, then I can once again change the last names too, sigh.

By the way Cabelle, that's how I learned SimPe. I build a throw-away neighborhood and went to town (no pun intended...really). If I messed up really bad, I just came here. Posie has some good advice for SimPe challenged people too, by the way.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 08, 23:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear Nanny,
Please stop getting bottle after bottle out of the fridge while I'm trying to get to the one you left on the floor halfway across the room.  Also, please come and get me out of this stupid high chair you put me in when I was dead tired and just wanted to go to bed.
Thank You,
The Toddler

Dear Toddler,

That's not a bug, that's a feature.

PS - The Servo robot now also has the same features

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 08, 23:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Motoki!

Eww, about Servo.  I haven't caved in to getting OFB yet, but Servo was one of the reasons I thought about getting it.  Otherwise, I haven't read anything that makes me want it.

Darn.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 08, 23:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one come over as a visitor to one of my homes and he did the bazillion bottle thing with the toddler that lives in the house. After the party was over, he didn't leave either and stayed for several days. When I finally did say goodbye to him he left though.

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 08, 23:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you should. And then you could use all your "Nanny-Pictures". Oh, I fondly remember your very first Nanny avatar, way back when, but my favorite was the one with the nanny stomped into the ground. I laughed for days, and not even only when I saw it. Earned me some very suspicious looks, LOL.

TaWanda, I use it for name-changing too. I think I would cry if I had to have 'Goopy' or 4 Toshas, 3 Whatevers, and 5 Whatnots ever again. I have nothing especially against Goopy the townie, really. I usually just ignore the more stupid townies anyway, until my cowplant gets hungry that is, but I dislike the name for some reason.  *My apologies if there are any real Goopys out there,  it's just a personal taste matter Wink

Oh how I miss SimPe, then I can once again change the last names too, sigh.

By the way Cabelle, that's how I learned SimPe. I build a throw-away neighborhood and went to town (no pun intended...really). If I messed up really bad, I just came here. Posie has some good advice for SimPe challenged people too, by the way.
I have read and reread Posie's tutorials and all of the tutorials on the SimPE site and even saved them all to a doc file for constant reference. I'm working up the courage to follow Posie's step by step instructions to fixing Skip Broke's file so his DNA will be passed to his kids (I had Brandi resurrect him and he's happily married to a former Uni student). Sometimes in my case I wonder if I have "SimPE block" like I do with more difficult math. Tongue Probably in large part because I tend to be a perfectionist and get frustrated when I can't understand something the first time I read it.

Rather than boolprop I've been using Merola's mind control mirror and his multi painting to do some "improvements" on the townies. I get tired of the repeating names too, and the frightening looks they've been given. Makes me really glad for OFB, another way for us to improve the looks of those fugly folks. Grin

I do back up all the neighborhoods I care about weekly. Learned my lesson the hard way last May when Pleasantview went sideways on me. So I probably shouldn't be such a scaredy cat. I bet if I give myself some patience I'll be able to figure it out. And if I'm confused it's nice to know that I can ask you guys to help me do it right. Smiley

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 08, 23:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from this website: http://groups.msn.com/TheSims2Database/yourwebpage.msnw

"If you get any error messages ONLY press Reset, DO NOT press cancel or delete"

I had a reply from one of the Maxoids once, he confirmed that because I clicked 'delete' on a sim, the family was hosed.
Has this changed with later expansion packs? I always click 'reset' now. Luckily, it's never not worked for me.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 09, 00:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've clicked delete before. Most recently with a servo who reset wasn't working for because he was in an infinite loop. I haven't had any problems from it. *shrug*

Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 09, 00:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It couldn't hurt. If you get errors then it could be a hack or object or even poorly designed Maxis 'feature' (aka a bug). If however you turn debug mode on and get no messages, it could be some high poly objects or something else entirely.

At any rate, it's certainly worth a try. I would do it if it were me.

Okay, I'm not afraid of the boolprop cheat, heck, I've even shortened it up in my startup file but, my game is soooooo darn slow when it's on.  I don't get any error messages so you're saying that it's mainly because of high poly objects?  And the stopping and the sputtering and the jerking but no error messages, that's high poly?  Wow, I never knew that.

Mooooo
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 09, 00:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly high poly objects. Possibly too many sims on a lot or too much other stuff going on or any number of other things unfortunately. But if you're experiencing slowness that you didn't when you intitially got the game, no errors come up on debug mode, and you download a lot of custom objects without checking their poly counts then it's certainly a place to start looking.

Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 09, 00:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heck, if the FFS Debugger didn't allow me to reset all on/off world objects then I'd need the boolprop cheat to fix stuck plates in OFB.  Honestly, I probably would be constantly destroying my lots without boolprop or the Debugger.

These are basics, but cancel just doesn't do anything, reset just recreates the thing (Makes a sim "Jump", fixes stuck plates), and delete just gets rid of the offending object/sim.  Kinda like "Abort, Retry, Fail" or something like that.

Sure, there's objects that just don't plain work in boolprop testingcheatsenabled such as the Break Inducer and others that screw with your careers like Tom's Clothing Tester but as long as you are aware that these things can mess up your game it'll be fine.  I'd rather use boolprop then install a file that just emulates boolprop like the InSiminator.  That name of itself reminds me of a TS1 program, but I can't quite remember what it would be.

I don't use maxian townies for the simple reason that they tend to have the same personalities and stuff like that.  I hate how Maxis designs some sims, and if I want a sim to be "homely" then by all means I'll be the one designing them that way.  OFB seems like the only reason to have the townies, but if you can make your own....

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 09, 00:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a boolprop guide would be a nice thing to see  Grin
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 09, 00:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear Toddler,

That's not a bug, that's a feature.

PS - The Servo robot now also has the same features

Gotta love those wacky "features" and "designs" haha

I have never feared boolprop.  When I first heard about it I was in my game typing it in first chance I got haha.  I'll never understand the phobia of it, when I see people freaking out about it on other sites I just have to laugh (secretly thinking "stupid idiot" :p)

However I once got what was coming to me with it.  Using the clothing tester to dress pregnant sims does cause problems...careers go kahpoot...err something like that.  If you don't believe me, test it yourself  Cool  I also once downloaded the clothing tester someone had extracted and put up for download, and it of course caused the same problem (this was before I was smart enough to realize it was the same Maxis made item)  They denied that this had anything to do with the career problem, but that's another story.

Basically it comes down to..test things out on your own risk. If you're not smart enough to figure it out or fear losing something then don't..ultimately you have only yourself to blame, not evil boolprop heh
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 09, 00:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My question is, why do people use certain hacks when simply using boolprop will do the same thing? (e.g. change personality, etc.)

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 March 09, 00:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because the buttons on the hacks are clearly labelled - no spellings or procedures to remember.

happy now :-)
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 March 09, 00:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll see if I can write a boolprop guide eventually saying what works and what doesn't.  There's a lot of stuff there, so if I did I'd probably start with a summary of the objects, generally what it does, etc.

Tom's clothing tester messes up any of my sims that don't have a job.  Heck, sometimes it made them unemployed.  Good thing that there's alternatives such as Motoki's clothing hack(Not to be confused with JM's, his allows you to buy and use NPC clothing) and the addition of OFB to make using this thing unnecessary.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 March 09, 01:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't ever hit cancel when an error comes up because it always causes another error.  It's either 'reset' or 'delete.'  I saw the cheat on an amateur forum and I was never afraid of it, mostly because by the time it had reached the forum, the warning label had fallen off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: