More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 12:59:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nanny doesn't recognise FT baby items
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nanny doesn't recognise FT baby items  (Read 28156 times)
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Nanny doesn't recognise FT baby items
« Reply #25 on: 2008 March 21, 23:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which Nanny did you get coming to your house?
   Sorry about the delay (was sleeping - so NOT like Pescado).
   Kendal Lawson has been the one i've been getting.  I didn't do a schedule, just called each day.  I just had them call for her again, and this time she didn't immediately pop a baby out of the Medieval crib, could be because the babies were still sleeping (tho they did need feeding/diaper changing).  Once they woke up screaming, Kendal fed them, put first baby in the Maxis crib, the 2nd on the floor.  Then she went back to the first baby, changed his diaper, put back in Maxis crib, then did the 2nd (then leaving on the floor).  I had one baby in Medieval crib, 2nd in the 4ESF crib, with the Maxis crib further away (near the toddler who was playing the Xylophone).

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 March 22, 00:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using all of the Awesome™ hacks mentioned by cwykes, with lobonanny as well.  I tested the performance of the baby controller by putting the new baby furniture in my previously-untouched Curious household and hiring a nanny "just for now".  She handled both cribs just fine (I tried the cheaper one first, then switched during a feeding), but had issues with the changing table.  The first time Pascal's spawn needed a diaper change, she changed her at the table, and then changed her again without the table and dumped the dirty diaper on the floor.  At the second changing, the spawn was getting stinky, and she spent several sim hours powdering her until she evidently got tired and went home, dumping her on the curb.

After that, I used Inge's update to replace the Strangetown nanny files and tried the same lot.  The nanny then used the changing table just fine four times in a row, including the hygiene function.  It's not a huge sample, but I'd say that Inge's hack is still needed even with the baby controller.  Can we get an update to lobonanny to include this?  If not, I'll have to decide which hack to use before I kill off the nannies in my custom neighborhoods.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 22, 00:30:00 by BastDawn » Logged

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 March 22, 06:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've decided to take Lobonanny out. I like them cleaning the house!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 March 22, 06:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using all of the Awesome™ hacks mentioned by cwykes, with lobonanny as well.  I tested the performance of the baby controller by putting the new baby furniture in my previously-untouched Curious household and hiring a nanny "just for now".  She handled both cribs just fine (I tried the cheaper one first, then switched during a feeding), but had issues with the changing table.  The first time Pascal's spawn needed a diaper change, she changed her at the table, and then changed her again without the table and dumped the dirty diaper on the floor.
That is just unexplainably surreal.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 March 22, 08:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to choose between lobonanny and my hack.  They're compatible - you can use both.  However, it goes without saying that Pescado is welcome to incorporate any of my code into his hacks if he feels it would enhance them.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2008 March 22, 09:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to choose between lobonanny and my hack.  They're compatible - you can use both.  However, it goes without saying that Pescado is welcome to incorporate any of my code into his hacks if he feels it would enhance them.

Yeah, I know. I don't really like Lobonanny much.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 March 22, 09:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to EMMA. All lobonanny does is disable the nanny-specific "harass baby" routines, as many of them have really wonky triggers and will result in behaviors like the nanny constantly pestering the baby and trying to cram it full of bottles, thus preventing it from interfering with the Baby Controller's directed actions. If you don't have the Baby Controller on the lot at all, lobonanny does nothing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 March 22, 12:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but all she does is sit on her arse then and 'maybe' feed a starving child. Before I put the lobonanny hack in and D2EB'd my existing nannies, they used to clean up the house. Saved on maid bills if a nanny was present.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2008 March 22, 13:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The painting is throwing out errors pretty much every hour

On inspection, it appears that the painting is attempting to spawn an object created by Christianlov, but which you did not include in the packages you sent me.  If you don't actually have that object yourself, that will explain your errors.  Go and make sure you downloaded absolutely everything you should have downloaded, and then if you could send me the entire lot that would be useful (after ascertaining that was not all you had to do to solve the entire problem!)

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 March 22, 14:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, a report on the christianlov nanny painting. I have the painting, the pescado baby controller, and Inge's new mod installed. The nanny work better than ever. This is in an old house, the painting was set to recognize the custom baby items I use. Now I also created a new nanny with the tweaker, and placed a fresh nanny painting, which I didnt do the recognize-cc-procedure with. Result: she cant recognize the crib. After doing a search (option on the painting) for cc, she recognizes them (the baby must be in the crb/on table while doing the search). My conclusion is that the christianlov nanny painting works fine with freetime.
Which makes me very happy Smiley
And I must say again, christianlov is such a great modder.. what a loss it is Sad
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2008 March 22, 14:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if someone would like to send me the Christianlov nanny template, I can certainly try updating that to have the same code *in those particular places* as my template.  Might save having to get each object recognised individually.

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2008 March 22, 15:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I wrapped up all the relevant files I could imagine be of use, currently installed in my game. I also included the All-In-One-files, just in case, if you need to compare them or something. TY for doing this!

* christianlovnannyfiles.rar (338.82 KB - downloaded 143 times.)
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 March 22, 17:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I have found out how he does this.  His nanny template is stripped down to bare bones and all the code she would normally run is on his controller object.  In order to recognise custom objects, and to make sure she uses the nearest of everything (not actually something I necessarily agree with) he has completely redesigned the BHAVs I edited on the nanny template.  All this means that it is not a simple case of dropping the new BHAVs over the top of the existing.   I can see how my code could be incorporated, but the amount of work it would need is probably out of proportion to the minor hassle you have to click on custom objects that need recognising.  Am I right that it's actually quite easy to do that task and only needs doing once per home or whenever you get a new custom object?

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 March 22, 17:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I right that it's actually quite easy to do that task and only needs doing once per home or whenever you get a new custom object?

Inge, don't trouble yourself. It is actually very easy to use the painting to recognize cc cribs and changing table. You click on "custom objects" option on the painting, and it will have automatic prompts. Something like "I found this so and so. Is it a crib or changing table?", and you click "crib", it then goes on to the next pop-up "I found this so and so. Is it a crib or changing table?", and you click "changing table", and so on. You don't even need to have a baby in the cc crib or click the cc.

[Edit] Now I have the nanny painting running again, the above info is inaccurate. You have to have a baby in the cc crib for the painting to recognize. And it does not recognize cc changing table, although the prompt does ask "Is it a crib or changing table"  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2008 March 23, 17:02:52 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2008 March 22, 21:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Lion, if its that much trouble, then let it be. It works as intended, and thats whats important. TY for checking it out!
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 March 23, 01:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It occurred to me that I hadn't tested a lobo-ized nanny, so I loaded up a custom neighborhood, spawned a baby with the tombstone, and ran another test.  Lobo-nannies seem to manage just fine, with no weirdnesses.  So in my unprofessional opinion, Inge' hack is needed to fix Maxis nannies, lobo-nannies are okay, and non-lobotomized custom nannies should be killed off after installing either hack.

And Emma, my lobo-nannies still clean toilets and pick up dirty plates.  I wonder why yours don't?   Huh

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 March 23, 02:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It occurred to me that I hadn't tested a lobo-ized nanny, so I loaded up a custom neighborhood, spawned a baby with the tombstone, and ran another test.  Lobo-nannies seem to manage just fine, with no weirdnesses.  So in my unprofessional opinion, Inge' hack is needed to fix Maxis nannies, lobo-nannies are okay, and non-lobotomized custom nannies should be killed off after installing either hack.

And Emma, my lobo-nannies still clean toilets and pick up dirty plates.  I wonder why yours don't?   Huh

My lobotomized nannies don't clean at all, and I wish they did.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 March 23, 04:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was curious about cleaning nannies, so I took out Inge's nanny hack (just in case), kept in lobonanny, and made a new test hood with clean templates.  I make a sim with 0 neat and active points, and had him spend a day messing the place up before I spawned a baby for him and had him call a nanny.  This nanny ignored the mess and headed straight for the chess table.  I selected her and saw that she had only one neat point and 4 active points.  I gave her 8 neat points and a few more active points, and after feeding the baby, she moved right on to cleaning up all the plates.  Lobo-nannies will clean if they have the right personality for it.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 March 23, 04:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shift click it is then.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2008 March 23, 05:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh-that's why then-lazy unclean nannies Cheesy I'm gonna shift-click too! Okay it is cheaty, but worth it for my poor sims who can't afford the maid.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2008 March 23, 08:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But once you have made a nanny selectable they might start running the normal visitor mainloop instead of their nanny main.  That can lead to them leaving part way through a shift and you getting your kids taken away.  So only do it for testing purposes.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 March 23, 09:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, ta, I just discovered that. Luckily I still had time to say goodbye to her and order another nanny as I'd done it well in advance of the parents leaving.

I've mucked up employees at businesses the same way.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 March 23, 14:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably worth a trip into the hood with SimPe to fix the nannies, I guess.  In fact, Pesc used to have a fix for existing nannies that consisted of a SimPe file that you replaced some of the existing nanny BHAVs with, if memory serves, but I have no idea where it might be lurking now.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2008 March 23, 14:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, of course you can simply replace the - I think it's about 8? - BHAVs with the ones in my template patch.  There are also a few extra BHAVs I added for deciding what is a crib/potty etc.   For those less experienced in this, remember to delete the old BHAVs so they are not duplicated (SimPE doesn't overwwrite, it just adds), and then make the group of the added BHAVs FFFFFFFF using the Resource tab.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 March 23, 15:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, how does your nannydetect fare in the midst of all these? You says on your page that it is in conflict with babycare controller. My scan shows that it is also in conflict with nobabyharassment. If I want to run a daycare where the business owner hires a few nannies to care for the neighborhood babies, and wish the business owner to stay out of the way unless I direct him to give a helping hand. Does your nannydetect detect Christianlov nannies? And what configuration should I use, Pescado's bunch or yours? Should I include ijNannyTemplateFTFix or not, because I do not use Maxis nannies?

While I'm at it, I just want you know that your Meeting Controller objects bear similar names as your school system, i.e., "pupil token" and "school bell", but they have different colors so it is not a big deal. I wonder if you meant it.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 23, 18:02:47 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: