More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 15:52:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Making friends freezage.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Making friends freezage.  (Read 4990 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Making friends freezage.
« on: 2008 August 13, 10:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever my sims make friends with another sim, whether face-to-face or over the phone, just before they actually make friends the game freezes for up to a minute. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have no idea what has caused this. I have all updated haxxors and stuff.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Making friends freezage.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 13, 10:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cannot reproduce issue. Attribute problem to suckiness of Emma. Death to Emma.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 13, 10:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only other 2 things I have added to the game apart from DC is Sim Blender and Argon's Townie brick. I will try taking those out and go complain to the makers if it is one of them.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 13, 14:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably not the sim blender, since I have that in my game and haven't seen this problem.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 13, 14:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have neither of those, and have not seen this.  Unhelpful and dull, I know.

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Making friends freezage...AND Loadlot cheat.
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 13, 14:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think it could be the brick. Thing is, I can't be arsed to investigate at the moment. I'll take it out and load my game later and see if I get the same problem. Cheers J and J Cheesy

Oh, btw how do you get the loadlot cheat to work? I really am quite unsuccessful with my game at the moment. Boohoo.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Making friends freezage...AND Loadlot cheat.
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 13, 14:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think it could be the brick. Thing is, I can't be arsed to investigate at the moment. I'll take it out and load my game later and see if I get the same problem. Cheers J and J Cheesy

Oh, btw how do you get the loadlot cheat to work? I really am quite unsuccessful with my game at the moment. Boohoo.

Never used that one myself.  Here's what I've found (and you may have seen it already):
I believe the proper format is:  loadlot "lot name" If there are spaces in the lot name, they need to be included, I think...the cheat still worked on a regular community lot, and it also worked on a hidden secret hobby lot.

My extremely cursory research suggests that a number of people seem to have had some trouble with this cheat.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 13, 15:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't get it to load secret hobby lots or lots in a different subhood from which I was actually in at the time. Otherwise, no issues.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 13, 15:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers both. I'll try it out later. Smiley

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 13, 16:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use the townie brick, myself, I use Inge's teleport and the townie gun to fuss with my townies. Seems easier that way.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 13, 16:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might not be the brick yet Cheesy I still have to test.

[edit] It isn't the brick.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 13, 19:26:48 by Emma » Logged

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 14, 13:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never used that one myself.  Here's what I've found (and you may have seen it already):
I believe the proper format is:  loadlot "lot name" If there are spaces in the lot name, they need to be included, I think...the cheat still worked on a regular community lot, and it also worked on a hidden secret hobby lot.

My extremely cursory research suggests that a number of people seem to have had some trouble with this cheat.

I couldn't get it to load secret hobby lots or lots in a different subhood from which I was actually in at the time. Otherwise, no issues.

Yeah, it's a little tricky. You have to be in the proper 'hood or subhood in which the lot is located. To loadlot the Bigfoot lot, you first have to load Three Lakes. For the hobby lots, you have to first make that hood available as a Downtown using SimPE, and then load the Hobby subhood in the game.

I am slowly completing the tedious process of swapping out my old LS build stuff for Argon's new extractions, so I loadlotted my owned business lots to get them transferred to the new textures. Doesn't seem fair to make the owners pay for it, when it's a 1:1 swap. Smiley

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 14, 22:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I got the loadlot to work, thanks. Smiley

Oh BTW, dumb Emma is dumb. I know why it is freezing on certain sims, it is because it is a fairly new hood with playables and townies already included. I have default skins and makeup. The thumbnails are updating with the new skins and stuff. Hence...freezage. Doh.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: