More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 20:41:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone have Simcribbling's skintones?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone have Simcribbling's skintones?  (Read 23536 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Anyone have Simcribbling's skintones?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 06, 17:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the eye reccomendations, I will check them out.

I agree that the custom skins can defug some of the townies and npcs to a point, but some of those facial features are so monstrous that no amount of custom content will help. Tongue Thankfully, there are some face template replacements now.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 07, 01:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm back w/ pictures!

This is a serious Maxis fug which would've been previously unredeemable, but now squeaks by thanks to Louis's skintone.

Another Maxis fug who's a manager for one of my sims. Aside from new eyebrows and hair he's 100% Maxis. He's using Peggy's amazing new skintones, and topped w/ the abs on that thing, he's surprisingly good looking.

Yet another Maxis fug, but using Enayla's light skintone (w/ reduced shine), she's surprisingly elegant.

And this dude isn't exactly a Fug, but look how much hotter he is w/ the Peggy skintone!

And okay, so the CC skins can't quite fix the neanderthal faces. Those go straight to the Cowplant. Tongue
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 07, 02:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're a definite improvement, but I'd still probably throw the women at least into the surgery machine. And the last guy's eyes are a little too large and anime IMO, but that's how MaxisEA made those damned templates.

Speaking of custom content and replacers, has anyone done eyebrow replacements. I really loathe the Maxis ones and don't relish the idea of replacing every townie's eyebrows one at a time. I do use the Shiny Sims skin and eye replacers and LPTL's hair texture replacements, but now the eyebrows really stick out, especially that one annoying style that looks like knitted wool.  Angry

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 07, 02:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think someone did make replacement eyebrows, and I think I have them in my game.  Let me look around and see if I can figure out the source.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 07, 03:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree that the custom skins can defug some of the townies and npcs to a point, but some of those facial features are so monstrous that no amount of custom content will help. Tongue Thankfully, there are some face template replacements now.
That's not true. The only CC you need to fix that is an accessory of a paper bag over their head.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 November 07, 16:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think someone did make replacement eyebrows, and I think I have them in my game.  Let me look around and see if I can figure out the source.

From Insim, though I don't know the creator's name.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 November 07, 17:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do use the Shiny Sims skin and eye replacers and LPTL's hair texture replacements, but now the eyebrows really stick out, especially that one annoying style that looks like knitted wool.  Angry

Hair Texture replacements? Care to point me in the right direction?  Wink

And I actually kinda like the slightly fuzzy Maxis eyebrows. They look pretty good on certain sims, and the best on kids/toddlers - a perfectly plucked arch just looks weird on these stages. The other two are pretty bad, though. But I haven't found a good set of eyebrows yet that works on all sims.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 November 07, 18:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not true. The only CC you need to fix that is an accessory of a paper bag over their head.

There's always the cow and mascot heads...
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 November 07, 19:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of custom content and replacers, has anyone done eyebrow replacements. I really loathe the Maxis ones and don't relish the idea of replacing every townie's eyebrows one at a time. 

The ones I have are by 'Amun-RA' -- I *think* I got them at Insim, as the .rar name doesn't follow the MTS2 format.

Edit: Yup, that's where they came from: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=16222
« Last Edit: 2006 November 07, 20:16:13 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 November 07, 19:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hair Texture replacements? Care to point me in the right direction?  Wink

It's at Insim in XPTL's section.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: