More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 10:32:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Probably the work of a non-awesome, but you never know.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Probably the work of a non-awesome, but you never know.  (Read 2841 times)
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Probably the work of a non-awesome, but you never know.
« on: 2007 June 08, 18:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since my last playing session I don't recall downloading anything, however, my game keeps mass-producing error logs. Since the word attraction was mentioned by the pop-up I tried nuking all attraction markers with the lot debugger. No dice.

Error log attached, if needed, i can provide a conflict report.

Edited for dumfuckiness, sorry Ste  Embarrassed

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2007 June 08, 18:31:29 by Eleonora » Logged

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Probably the work of a non-awesome, but you never know.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 08, 18:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh... where's the error log?
* syberspunk uses X-ray vision to no avail. Tongue

* syberspunk uses his other powers to travel back in time to remove his previous response and now reply after the error log was added. Wink

Interesting error.  One that I've not seen before.  It looks like Lillie was tryin got help/sell something to Laurence.  Either you have some hack related to attraction stuff (like the romancemod) or possibly related to business stuff (something that modifies the May I Help You/Sell interaction?) and something is non-awesome or hasn't been properly updated... Or something might be strange with the sim data for Lillie or Laurence.  Is Laurence an NPC?  It could be that his sim data is not itialized properly or something...

Anyhew, that's my pseudo educated guess. Tongue

Ste
« Last Edit: 2007 June 08, 19:33:06 by syberspunk » Logged

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 09, 11:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I should have described the situation a bit more, although errors popped up everywhere, regardless of what was happening.
This particular one took place on a business lot, Lillie is the owner, Laurence was browsing the goods. I directed her to go do sales/..practice on, which produced this error.
I have many hacks relating to attraction and business', all from either the awesome ones, or from peasantry.  I'm sure I have all updated versions, but I'll re-download them just to be thorough.
What may be the culprit is that I did delete some sims from the neighbourhood before playing, using the proper method though. This is my sisters 'hood, and she had attached 2 uni's, because uni #1 started flashing black/blue (unrelated problem, my graphics card can't handle too many trees). Somehow this spawned to identical sets of dormies, and I deleted one of them. But I don't see how this should have affected Lillie, she never met any of the dormies, I am a 100% sure of that.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 09, 11:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something is very wrong with that error log. There's apparently some garbage characters in the log, which makes no sense, as no function can possibly be named that, as many of those letters do not even exist on a keyboard. Therefore, this is a sign of some manner of data corruption on your computer. Scandisk it, reinstall everything, and if the problem still continues, reformat. Then start replacing hardware.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: