More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 16:52:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod causing red blocks of colour
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod causing red blocks of colour  (Read 8597 times)
fissureprice
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
AwesomeMod causing red blocks of colour
« on: 2010 January 12, 02:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have searched through the forums and found one other thread where the same problem occurred but there was no solution.
I believe I have AwesomeMod and the Framework installed correctly, since when I use "showconfig" in the game, the four windows pop up.
When AM is running though, my screen looks like this: http://i45.tinypic.com/16ib9qf.jpg
Im using a GTX 280 graphics card with the most up to date drivers (I was using them before I installed AM and everything was fine), Im using Windows 7 64bit Ultimate (4GB ram, quad core processor) and the Sims has always worked perfectly. Ive reinstalled the base game and WA and it didnt make a difference. Both games are updated to the most recent EA patches. Restarting the game doesnt fix it, neither does restarting my computer. Ive tried AM with and without a personalised configuration file and it didnt change anything. I have no other mods installed, no custom content or anything like that.

Is there anything else I can do, besides not using AwesomeMod at all?

Thanks in advance.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: AwesomeMod causing red blocks of colour
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 12, 04:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks badass. Don't bother trying to fix it.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 12, 04:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Pescado states "driver fail" as the cause, right there in that very thread you linked.  I never saw a reply that stated otherwise, so I would go with "driver fail".
Solution?  "Driver pass"
fissureprice
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 12, 04:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 12, 09:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That almost certainly would have to do with drivers or hardware rather than the mod. I've never seen it happen in my game, but I agree, it's pretty badass.
SonnetCeles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 12, 11:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also if there are any weird flashing or hangs or crashes, could have to do with "hardware fail" as well.  But I have to agree it looks kinda cool.  My game hasn't done that yet.

*capitalizing to appease the grammar gods*
« Last Edit: 2010 January 12, 14:36:28 by SonnetCeles » Logged
fissureprice
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 13, 20:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theres no flashing/hangs/crashes, it just plays with those blocks of colour, plus all of my other (more graphically intense) games run fine, and it only happens when AM is installed. Despite it looking "badass" it gives me a headache. Sad
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 13, 23:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it doesn't do this when you pull Awesomemod out? Have you tried moving the files and framework around and have made absolutely sure that you have all patches? I discovered that with WA installed but my base not updated to 1.8(Like I had thought it was previously) that the standard framework setup did not work for me and gave me numerous oddities. It wasn't until I removed the .dll file from the framework out of the Base folder and only had it in WA that these things stopped. Once I was completely patched up, the mods would not work unless the .dll was in both the WA folders and the Base, and had oddities otherwise. Not saying that this is your problem, merely that some configurations(AM version, file placement, patch ,game version) may cause issues that do not occur in others.
Pull everything. Run game. Make sure it works, then start the scientific method until things even out. Make sure that you are actually patched, as sometime you have patched but it didn't actually "take", there is a thread on checking your version around here. Download newest AM and a new Config. Download a new framework, hey something in the one you got could be corrupt. Check your Resource.cfg. I believe that in the beginning AM(Or maybe the .dll) was causing graphical issues for some people and it turned out that it was in the wrong folders.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
danigantt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 17, 18:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are on Mars too.

Picture: http://i49.tinypic.com/2cmqcr4.jpg   

I have WA. It only happens when AwesomeMod is installed. The problem is not fixed on restart of game or computer. I've tried moving the framework files around as morriganrant suggested, which hasn't worked either. Any more suggestions?
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 17, 19:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure this isn't due to tight pants?

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
danigantt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 18, 16:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fixed this issue in my game. It's a framework installation issue.

I think the problem was my DDFMap file was in the wrong spot.

The only thing I can offer in the way of help is to try to explain how I installed the framework (not that it's any different from the way suggested on the site... just possibly easier to understand for some.)

-Open the framework folder and go into the folder "Game/Bin" and copy the "d3dx9_31.dll" file.

-Paste the "d3dx9_31.dll" file into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin  AND  C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin

-Go back into the framework folder into "Mods\Files" folder and copy "DDFMap" and "Resource.cfg"

-Paste "DDFMap" and "Resource.cfg" into   C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Files    AND    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Files (although I did not have a "files" folder located in my WA directory and simply placed the files in the Mods folder)

-Go back into the framework folder and copy the file "Resource.cfg"

-Paste the file in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3   AND    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures

-Next, place your copy of AwesomeMod and its configuration file in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages  (you know.. where you usually put it.)

Good Luck.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: