More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 00:32:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request for Mortgage System
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request for Mortgage System  (Read 4556 times)
kasumiarmstrong
Asinine Airhead

moof

View Profile
Request for Mortgage System
« on: 2005 August 15, 19:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge motioned me here, saying that you'd probably know the coding for this.

Is it possible to make some kind of Mortgage System that allows people to borrow money before they buy the houses? I think it would be useful for larger families.  And maybe a system of forcing some kind of payment?  I don't want my simmies to forget that they owe money.  Wink
« Last Edit: 2005 August 16, 03:58:56 by kasumiarmstrong » Logged

Sun Ce: Father, let me have the meatbun!
Sun Jian: This shall be your first meatbun.  I shall expect good things.
Sun Jian to Huang Gai: Take care of him.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Request for Mortgage System
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 16, 04:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Borrow money? Perhaps. Borrow money before buying houses? No, out of the question: Sims can't do anything unless they're on a lot, so it'd be impossible for them to do it. Then there'd be the obvious difficulty of keeping track of it, so you can't weasel out simply by moving, so that'd involve fun with inventory tokens. But otherwise, potentially doable.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 16, 05:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The online banking mod on MTS2 offers a loan faciility, which you pay back, but you need access to a computer to get the money, so that probably wouldn't help.  The only other way you could maybe do it is with JMP's money orders.  If the Sim knows someone, they could send them the money as a loan, then when they are earning they can send regular instalments back to the donating Sim (perhaps with added interest!) via the money orders.   I suppose if you wanted to really make something of it, you could set a Sim up as a sort of bank manager - you could always make them 'known' to the Sims wanting the money in SimPE, so they were able to send the money orders.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 16, 07:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if they charged a reasonable amount of interest, they wouldn't need to work!  Ideal for a retired couple who've managed to save a bit while they were still working!

Zephyr Zodiac
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 16, 08:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The online banking mod on MTS2 offers a loan faciility, which you pay back, but you need access to a computer to get the money, so that probably wouldn't help.  The only other way you could maybe do it is with JMP's money orders.  If the Sim knows someone, they could send them the money as a loan, then when they are earning they can send regular instalments back to the donating Sim (perhaps with added interest!) via the money orders.   I suppose if you wanted to really make something of it, you could set a Sim up as a sort of bank manager - you could always make them 'known' to the Sims wanting the money in SimPE, so they were able to send the money orders.
That's what I do, especially since I have the no20k hack.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
kasumiarmstrong
Asinine Airhead

moof

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 16, 17:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, thanks for considering.  Smiley

Unless there was some way of allowing a household to have a negative balance...

Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 17, 15:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The online banking mod on MTS2 offers a loan faciility, which you pay back, but you need access to a computer to get the money, so that probably wouldn't help.

Could you put a computer on a community lot, in a bank?  I've never tried this, but it might be fun.  I have had rich relatives send money orders to their poorer kin so they could buy a decent house.

Vicki
kasumiarmstrong
Asinine Airhead

moof

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 18, 21:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The online banking mod on MTS2 offers a loan faciility, which you pay back, but you need access to a computer to get the money, so that probably wouldn't help.

Could you put a computer on a community lot, in a bank?  I've never tried this, but it might be fun.  I have had rich relatives send money orders to their poorer kin so they could buy a decent house.

Vicki

Monique's computer? Yes.  It's available in the community lots.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: