More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 06:37:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  sickness indicator?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: sickness indicator?  (Read 19364 times)
DaveFlew
Asinine Airhead

I'm going to have pi best friends?

View Profile WWW
Re: sickness indicator?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 July 28, 21:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ElviraGoth
I don't remember if she was an active enough sim or not to increase her fun level. But hygiene certainly went down, as well as comfort and energy. So what motives (or needs) have to be improved for a sim to get well? Just fun?

Hehe, all I can do is speculate. Maybe the game only does a sick-check every 1, 2, 3 or 6 Sim hours. If the general state of your Sim's motives has improved since the last check, your Sim's chances of getting healthy again will improve. Maybe your Sim did other things that improved Comfort, Hygiene, Bladder or whatever. I think next time I get a sick Sim, I'll be sure to take notes.

Sim-Man! To the Biotech Station!  Cheesy

What's the boolprop for siamese twins?

invisiblehousesr2cute
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 July 28, 21:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Zephir, the sickness comes when the simulator wants to hint something, or "punish" you for a bad decision...Smiley.

I played at General Buzz's house, and didn't know that you are not suppose to leave a child alone. So, Tank wanted to get a job, and I found him a job. That day Buck remained alone from 3 PM to 4 PM, and I got a message: "it's not wise decision to leave kids alone". At 4 PM Buzz returned from work, and I got a message that he is sick with the flu. Buck had to grow to a teen the next day, at 6 PM.
The simulator hold Buzz sick all the night, and all morning, and I had to "call in sick". It was a punishment, and a hint that I have to leave somebody with Buck.

Another useful hint I got, when I wanted to throw a wedding party: the future bride had a day off, but the groom had to work until 6 PM. I didn't know what to do.
A day before the wedding the groom came home sick with the flu. Boy, I was so happy for the hint! I called in sick, and the groom got healthy in no time, ready for his wedding.

From then on I used the "call in sick" as a strategy...Smiley.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 July 28, 21:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, after probably 5,000 hours of playing, that's a new one on me!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 July 28, 22:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here!  My sims get sick when they don't have to work!  In fact, I only have them call in sick when they miss the car pool!  I think I only had one call in sick once when he really was sick.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
DaveFlew
Asinine Airhead

I'm going to have pi best friends?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 July 28, 22:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ZephyrZodiac
Well, after probably 5,000 hours of playing, that's a new one on me!

Just another 57000 hours to go until you get a nice surprise!  Grin

What's the boolprop for siamese twins?

invisiblehousesr2cute
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 July 28, 22:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only 5,000 hours play since TS1? I think I played about 20,000 hours since then...Smiley.

But really, you can "talk" to the simulator, lol (oh my, it sounds insane..Smiley). I learned it when I played  "Sim Tower 2". I was very bad in putting the elevators at the beginning, and I had to get down an elevator from 90th floor to 30th floor.
So, I was quite desperate, and wrote a big question mark on the screen. Then I tried again, and suddenly I saw that I got free space, and when I reached the 30th floor, it hold me there, not letting me get down anymore.

I "talk" to the TS2 simulator too - through the pictures shots. And always I get a "respond". For instance, if I have 4 sims in the house, I can host only 2 guests (I have only 6 portions of food). At the beginning the simulator sent me more than 4 guests. I was furious, deleted 3 guests, took a shot and write there: "I have only 6 portions, so I can host only 2 sims". The next day it sent me only 2 visitors, lol.

I talked about it with my brother, who passed a simulation course, and he said that it is normal - the simulator teaches you, but also learns from you. I quite believe him...Smiley.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 July 28, 22:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're imagining things. There's no text parser. And how many guests you can host is not really dependent on how much food you have: Guests do not need food. If you don't feed them, they'll eventually piss off and quit bugging you about it anyway. Then you can call them back later. Get yer own! Bloody freeloaders.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 July 28, 23:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only 5,000 hours play since TS1? I think I played about 20,000 hours since then....

Since University, of course!!!!  Since TS1, I wouldn't like to guess!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 July 28, 23:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here!  My sims get sick when they don't have to work!  In fact, I only have them call in sick when they miss the car pool!  I think I only had one call in sick once when he really was sick.
That's generally because ACTUALLY being sick is not a compelling reason not to go to work, what with the free food and all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 July 29, 03:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it clearly states somewhere or other that a Sim has to be ill for 10 days before they will die

That would be the Prima Guide, it gets lots of things wrong.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 July 29, 12:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember if she was an active enough sim or not to increase her fun level.  But hygiene certainly went down, as well as comfort and energy.  So what motives (or needs) have to be improved for a sim to get well?  Just fun?

My question is, you can quarantine them in the bedroom with a TV for fun, but WHY oh WHY can they not freakin SIT DOWN when they talk on the phone???  I can even lay on my bed and talk on the phone.  I do like to pace while I talk, but I don't have to.  I know there are problems with making new animations, but is there any way to make them SIT and talk on the phone?  Or would that require a new animation?

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 July 29, 12:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I pay absolutely no attention to "comfort". Active sims scoff at comfort. According to the decay rates, it would take nearly two days of continuous standing without ever sitting down for an active sim to run out of comfort. If he stays standing for an entire 24 hours, he will be halfway down. Comfort is for wimps.

moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 July 29, 13:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back on topic someone made this, http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?threadid=80201

Or I could be totally wrong...
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 July 29, 21:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Comfort, I do the same thing as I did in Sims 1: beds. Get an uber-bed, and between that and sitting down to eat your sims are set.

Increased body skill theoretically makes a sim recover faster . . . perhaps this caused the work-out thing?

The Sims simulator has almost no feedback mechanism. Zip. Nada. And it's unlikely to ever get one, as Will Wright has moved on to other things, leaving the vultures to suck the Sims franchise dry.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 July 29, 21:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, other than the fact that everyone will want to be Chief of Staff, and that it doesn't make a lot of sense....

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 July 30, 16:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, other than the fact that everyone will want to be Chief of Staff, and that it doesn't make a lot of sense....

Yeah, not what I had in mind, either.  And I already have enough sims who want to be Chief of Staff! (And criminal masterminds, and athletic superstars and woohoo with 20 sims and have 30 best friends)

Even the reroll lame ltw doesn't help.  I probably need another hack for that.  (To get better LTW's)

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 August 09, 23:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I missed this topic when it was originally posted.  What I am wondering is, how do you know if an NPC is sick?  Is it just the message they get when they visit your playable sims?  Or is there a flag which you can modify in SimPE? Huh

Vicki
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: