More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 04:02:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Any one else having this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any one else having this?  (Read 3903 times)
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
Any one else having this?
« on: 2006 October 21, 05:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing ZOMGPETS!!!!!oneone, I've had two issues.

The first is that when I send a Sim to chat online more than once in one sitting, they'll jump out of the action and empty their que. This is on a Maxis computer at a Maxis desk in a Maxis chair. Since I don't have any hacks related to the computer, I don't think it's a conflict but I'm gonna check anyhow.

The second is that the game drags like a snail in molasses whenever anyone uses a Maxis toilet, takes a shower in a Maxis shower or tub or potty trains a toddler with a Maxis potty. Mind you this is a Legacy lot and it runs slow anyhow but it's annoying as Hell to have the game go all choppy because grandpa needed to take a whiz. Clearing up memory for the game to use does not help, it might just be that my video card sucks but I'd be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing it.

I suppose I'm just lucky my hood didn't blow up, this ep sounds as buggy as OFB.

~~ Larxene
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Any one else having this?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 21, 06:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I've had neither of those things.  Most of the problems I've seen reported are hack conflicts, not bugs.  Do you get an error in debug mode when your sim chats on the computer?
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 21, 06:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First issue is probably hack related. What hack, who knows. Post an error log if you have one.

Second issue is probably related to a censor hack if you have one, or not having a censor hack if you don't 'cause your graphics card sucks and the censor is making is puke. Quaxi just released a new version of his censor hack for OMGPETZ! on the Simpe site. You might try that.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 21, 15:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How peculiar.  I had to use IE (cringe) to get that censor file, as Mozilla (SM) returned a file called "No" rather than the zip.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 21, 18:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How peculiar.  I had to use IE (cringe) to get that censor file, as Mozilla (SM) returned a file called "No" rather than the zip.

same here
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 21, 18:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm not sure why it truncated the file name... but if you just rename the file to No Censor Hack.zip or whatever it is called, it works fine. The file itself should be ok, it's just the filename that gets truncated. *shrugs* Huh

Ste

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 21, 19:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, if someone didn't now any better, it'd sound like the computer was scolding them for trying to download a no censor hack. Hee.
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 21, 19:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Second issue is probably related to a censor hack if you have one, or not having a censor hack if you don't 'cause your graphics card sucks and the censor is making is puke. Quaxi just released a new version of his censor hack for OMGPETZ! on the Simpe site. You might try that.

Yup, that was it exactly. The old version of the censor hack was choking gameplay. That surprised me, I guess I just expected it to be compatible.

First issue is probably a hack conflict but the problem is determining which hack. I only have a few non-awesome ones, I highly suspect one of them is causing it.. but I don't have any that seem related to computer use.

~~ Larxene
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: