More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 17:26:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Leave those lights on!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Leave those lights on!  (Read 4946 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Leave those lights on!
« on: 2005 October 04, 07:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why oh why, when outdoor lights are on automatic, do they all turn off at 2am!?  Pain in the butt when I've got insomniac sims playing chess or participating in other outdoor activities suddenly needing nightvision goggles just to keep from tipping over.  (ok, I haven't seen a single sim tip over, but then I can't see because the LIGHTS ARE ALL OUT!).  Ahem.

Is there a hack which can keep outdoor lights on, and turn them off at 6 or 7am (say, when it gets light enough to see)?  Indoor lights I'm happy to keep the way they are at the moment.

<insert witty comment here>
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Leave those lights on!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 04, 16:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outdoor lights are a little weird anyway.  Have you noticed they come on at 6 PM and it doesn't get dark until 7?  Then they go off at 2 AM. 

This is ok for Sims who keep a reasonably "normal" schedule, but for vampires, at least, they'll never keep that normal schedule.  Would be nice to have the ability for the outside lights to be on when it's dark outside, off when it's light.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 04, 19:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, yah know I never noticed the outdoor lights turn off at night.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 04, 20:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just click on one of the lights - turn on, all outdoors. I believe this leaves them on all the time.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 04, 21:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just click on one of the lights - turn on, all outdoors. I believe this leaves them on all the time.

But that's wasting energy, and running up the electricity bills!  Wink Aren't your sims environmentally aware?

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 05, 03:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But... but... my Sims are *rich*!  They can *afford* to waste the world's resources! Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 05, 04:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is The Sims for crying out loud!  Haven't you all noticed those handy-dandy wind power plants they have in their neighborhoods (well, at least my sims all are powered by wind--especially the not-so-neat ones  Shocked)?  And the obviously hydro cars they drive (as in they NEVER run out of gas)?  Grin

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 05, 04:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talking of outdoors at night... has anyone else noticed it seems to be lighter outside at night in the simworld since nightlife came out? Sometimes I had difficulty seeing my sims outside if they weren't beside lights, now the outside seems to have more of a twilight feel, sims can be seen even if they are not in a lit area.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 05, 05:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talking of outdoors at night... has anyone else noticed it seems to be lighter outside at night in the simworld since nightlife came out? Sometimes I had difficulty seeing my sims outside if they weren't beside lights, now the outside seems to have more of a twilight feel, sims can be seen even if they are not in a lit area.

Only after I changed the refresh rate in the graphics settings Cool

<insert witty comment here>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 05, 05:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that's wasting energy, and running up the electricity bills!  Wink Aren't your sims environmentally aware?
There are no electricity bills. And sims are very environmentally aware. Didn't you know leaving the lights on all the time raises the Environment score?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Skaven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 05, 13:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is The Sims for crying out loud! Haven't you all noticed those handy-dandy wind power plants they have in their neighborhoods (well, at least my sims all are powered by wind--especially the not-so-neat ones Shocked)? And the obviously hydro cars they drive (as in they NEVER run out of gas)? Grin
I don't think those are actually windmills - how can they have 24/7 wind power when not even the slightest rustle of wind ever blows through the trees?  I think those supposed windmills actually use motors to turn the blades around!  Another sim conspiracy.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 05, 19:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, great. Now I have that song from Santana's Supernatural album featuring Everlast running through my head. "Put Your Lights On." Good song though.  Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: