More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 14:00:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Jagged line talk balloon
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jagged line talk balloon  (Read 18182 times)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Jagged line talk balloon
« Reply #25 on: 2007 December 18, 23:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know i don't take it personally.  Still it gets annoying pretty quick having your grammer corrected everytime you type.

That would be "grammar". You know, as in "Grammar Day." Also "every time".

Grammar Day 2007 - thank you for participating.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 December 19, 01:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly i don't think we'll see either of those things even in the sims 3.  Still that was a animated trailer the thing i'm talking about was an actual in game video.

One generally uses "I".  There should be a comma after "things".  Also "an animated trailer" would be rather fine.  Oh, and "I'm".  To be perfectly correct the sentence should be: "Still, that was an animated trailer; the thing I'm talking about was an actual in game video."

Tribulatio proxima est
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 December 19, 01:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be perfectly correct the sentence should be: "Still, that was an animated trailer; the thing I'm talking about was an actual in game video."

I would suggest "in-game" rather than "in game."

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 December 19, 01:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be perfectly correct the sentence should be: "Still, that was an animated trailer; the thing I'm talking about was an actual in game video."

I would suggest "in-game" rather than "in game."
I also think "in-game" would be preferable.

Truly, more license is taken with an animated trailer, yet if you look at the old trailer you'll see so much that isn't included in the game currently, even less in the base game.
- Nearly all the decorative objects are not included with the game
- Objects and mess shown on the coffee table: this many objects are not placeable without the community-created OSMPs.
- I recognize none of the hair styles. I especially would have loved the main guy's Elvis 'do and the wife's '50's style.
- Fans were not included until, I believe, Seasons.
- The neighborhood views are obviously fake.
- Again, the lack of shirt-ripping in-game is appalling.
- No playpens, no baby-tossing from the couch.
- I want my fire-breathing toddlers, and fan-spinning is always a plus. Fire-breathing and fan-spinning at the same time would be a hoot.
- Feh, I'm too depressed to go on.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 December 19, 01:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Truly, more license is taken with an animated trailer, yet if you look at the old trailer you'll see so much that isn't included in the game currently, even less in the base game.

Holy shit. Talk about LIES and PROPAGANDA.

What happended to all the Girls Gone Wild action?

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 December 19, 03:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean Girls with Low Self Esteem?

Srsly, that is depressing me, too. They seem so much more responsive to each other in the trailer.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 December 19, 09:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Self-Esteem" is the preferred usage. Tongue And, heh.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 December 19, 16:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Srsly, that is depressing me, too. They seem so much more responsive to each other in the trailer.
You could argue the low self-esteem bit if it weren't for the couch-throwing action. She hits me as more sexually aggressive than insecure.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 December 19, 20:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking at the video closely, I can't believe how much is missing.  I wonder if the laundry basket was intended to be part of a clothes-washing routine, or perhaps a sort of cheap dresser?  I want that bridal tantrum as well.   Angry

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 December 19, 20:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could argue the low self-esteem bit if it weren't for the couch-throwing action. She hits me as more sexually aggressive than insecure.

Ack, sorry, twas only an Arrested Development reference.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Girls+With+Low+Self+Esteem

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 December 19, 20:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss Arrested Development.

Re: jagged line thought ballons, it seems like I've always gotten them no matter what I do/don't do.  I just leave them alone.  I have yet to have a neighborhood become a BFMVFS, but that may be because I get tired of my neighborhoods when they reach a certain population (fairly low, by most standards), so I delete it entirely and start a new one.  It's like needlework:  starting a project is always more fun than finishing.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 December 28, 08:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had an attack of the jaggy conversation lines. In my new MATY hood poor old Zazazu is suffering a bit from being 'the only gay in the village'. Not wanting an unhappy family sim with no prospect of a mate on my hands I resorted to the gypsy fortune teller and out popped the postman. Whenever Zazazu used the 'Ask' interaction to find out about the postie's interests all I got was jaggy conversation lines. When (s)he asked about wants/fears I got a popup with 'I want <blank>' and an accompanying jaggy conversation box. I tried clearing out gossip memories, attraction markers etc using the lot debugger but no joy. This is a new hood with only 8 playable MATYans, 24 MATY townies plus assorted essential NPCs that the game generates as required. Nobody has died as yet and no births either.

EDIT: it was the usual culprit; deleting groups.cache fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 28, 19:51:59 by eevilcat » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: