More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 11:54:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New Patches for OFB and FFS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patches for OFB and FFS  (Read 81070 times)
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: New Patches for OFB and FFS
« Reply #125 on: 2006 June 18, 22:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Nova, my counter is indeed back. I haven't looked at the sofa\armchairs yet to see if they match now. I do like them, they remind me of Simzalabins style from TS1, but my sims are too poor to buy them yet  Smiley
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2006 June 18, 22:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What problems have you had with this new patch(s) AFTER you got it installed? Any biggies?

I saw on another bbs that some foks have had lot freeze ups....?

Some folks say the moveobjects cheat ISN'T fixed...?

The Mission furniture may not be fixed....?

If a family owns two cars--only one gets credit for work, that bug, isn't fixed....?

Hm...am I missing any.....?

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2006 June 18, 23:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The moveobjects cheat is fixed - I removed the Windkeeper hack I had and it works great.

Cannot say about the rest, I haven't tried them.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2006 June 18, 23:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's good news! Thanks BS....hm maybe I better spell that oneout BlueSoup. Tongue
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2006 June 19, 00:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To refresh thumbnails in the game, you can hold down the CTRL key while right-clicking on a thumbnail, and it will refresh.  I believe you may have to have testing cheats enabled to do this.  Someone shared this tip on this board, and it worked great for some clothing and hairstyles that weren't showing up properly in the game, and now I use it all the time.  Cheesy
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2006 June 19, 00:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To refresh thumbnails in the game, you can hold down the CTRL key while right-clicking on a thumbnail, and it will refresh.  I believe you may have to have testing cheats enabled to do this.  Someone shared this tip on this board, and it worked great for some clothing and hairstyles that weren't showing up properly in the game, and now I use it all the time.  Cheesy

Great tip!  I'll have to give that one a go.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2006 June 19, 09:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, thanks rainbow!  A lot quicker and easier than deleting all those thumbnails files!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2006 June 19, 09:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just patched OFB and FFS in that order - I'm not missing any mission counters.

My mission furniture is all the same colour, too, but then it always was.  I guess I don't have one of the effected video cards with that bug.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2006 June 19, 10:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed OFB P2 with no problems.  I had previously installed OFB P1, and I didn't remove any hacks beforehand.  I did backup my neighborhoods and updated my hacks with the new ones posted by JM and TJ here.  I haven't had time to play much, but I went to Club Dante where I last saved Malcolm and Marcia, and for the life of me, I can't find the open and close sign!  The club is open and customers are browsing the ticket machine, but I scoured the walls inside and out especially by the door, and it's not there.  I bought them a new one.  Does anyone remember where it was in their game?  Did the patch make it go bye-bye?   Huh
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2006 June 19, 13:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I recall, none of the pre-owned businesses had open/closed signs  I'm pretty sure I had to add them to all of the existing businesses. 

(And of course, I added Inge's automatic sign as well -- great for closing the business at a certain time when you're not watching the clock closely. Smiley )

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2006 June 19, 13:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Bakery definitely had one, because initially I couldn't find one and added another, only to find the original.  I'm pretty sure the Ramirez' store did too.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2006 June 19, 13:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, maybe you're right.  I don't recall if the Ramirez store had one, and I don't play the Jaquet bakery much because I'm spending too much time trying to kill them off -- I think they're the worst pre-made Maxis sims ever. Smiley

On a separate note, I've found in my game that Lisa Ramirez has taken over for the now deceased Cassie Goth as the randiest Family sim in the game.  She's always walking past the houses of my romance sims, or showing up at community lots when they're there, and attracting them like files, so she currently has 4 loves besides Chico.  And every time I play their lot she rolls woohoo wants, usually with a fear of having another baby. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2006 June 19, 13:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have that problem now - I changed their aspirations over, so Checo is now knowledge and she is fortune, and she's really good at it!  Demolished the original store and built a new one, and every time she walks through the main showroom she makes appreciative gestures - but they don't sell ANY cheap stuff!  Tessa is now a teen - she grew up far better than I'd expected, she was such a wierd-looking kid!

If you want a copy of Ramirez Interiors let me know!  I think I saved it to a file.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2006 June 19, 15:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, but I've not had any of the problems folks here have reported with the original store.  In fact, it's up to a level 7 business now, with Chico mostly doing sales (BRY macro), the original cashier, and another employee just doing restocking.  Lisa has a job in the medical career, but she helps out when she's not working, usually restocking (she's not up to gold sales level yet).  And I haven't played them enough for Tessa to transition yet -- I think she's about a day away right now, so she'll probably age to teen next time I play their lot.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2006 June 19, 22:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a separate note, I've found in my game that Lisa Ramirez has taken over for the now deceased Cassie Goth as the randiest Family sim in the game.  She's always walking past the houses of my romance sims, or showing up at community lots when they're there, and attracting them like files, so she currently has 4 loves besides Chico.  And every time I play their lot she rolls woohoo wants, usually with a fear of having another baby. Smiley
You're reading too much into it. The walkby algorithm is random, and not very well randomized.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2006 June 20, 01:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably, but she seems to turn up more than other sims, in any neighborhood.  She seems to be the resident wanderer. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2006 June 20, 02:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably, but she seems to turn up more than other sims, in any neighborhood.  She seems to be the resident wanderer. Smiley
That's probably "The One" effect.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2006 June 20, 02:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't play the Jaquet bakery much because I'm spending too much time trying to kill them off -- I think they're the worst pre-made Maxis sims ever. Smiley

Why do you think they are the worst? I tend to think its Vidcund and Nervous Subject!  Wink

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2006 June 20, 03:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Jacquets aren't so bad. The mother is active and can easily whip the lazy out of the slacker son. The Ramirez family is probably among the worst, what with the lot of them being complete and utter slackers. They usually do rather badly due to their inability to get anywhere in less than 3 hours. I am presently at a loss for what to do with them.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2006 June 20, 04:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as I reported before, swapping over their aspirations helps, Lisa is far better suited to fortune, and works quite hard as long as you don't let her sit down!  As a knowledge sim, Checo can spend loads of time sitting down, so he's happy!  And the way Tessa has taken over from Marsha Bruenig in my game as the midnight telephone stalker,  Popularity with the Have 20 Best Friends could have her in platinum before she goes to college!

But I did demolish the Furniture store and rebuild it!  Couldn't stand the original lot, and there were so many places for Lisa to hide!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2006 June 20, 08:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as I reported before, swapping over their aspirations helps, Lisa is far better suited to fortune, and works quite hard as long as you don't let her sit down!  As a knowledge sim, Checo can spend loads of time sitting down, so he's happy!  And the way Tessa has taken over from Marsha Bruenig in my game as the midnight telephone stalker,  Popularity with the Have 20 Best Friends could have her in platinum before she goes to college!
I don't really think any of them do that well, mostly because they're LAZY BASTARDS. By the time they arrive at where-ever they were going 3 hours later, it's probably too late.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2006 June 20, 12:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't play the Jaquet bakery much because I'm spending too much time trying to kill them off -- I think they're the worst pre-made Maxis sims ever. Smiley

Why do you think they are the worst? I tend to think its Vidcund and Nervous Subject!  Wink

Well, I only recently started playing Strangetown again, and I haven't played it much, but I'm starting to agree on Nervous Subject.  Though he's making a decent 'nanny' for the Beaker's new baby.

But the Jaquet's are just boring to me.  Can't really say why, but they just bother me.  I guess one thing is the mother being a fortune sim and always wanting stuff when they barely have any money.  They're unplayable without cheating to get  their skills up to reasonable levels for sims of their age (which is true for just about all the Bluewater pre-mades, I guess). And Gilbert just doesn't seem to fit the romance mold -- if he lives long enough Smiley, I'm going to change his aspiration to something else at the first opportunity.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2006 June 20, 12:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's probably "The One" effect.

"The One" effect?  I'm not familiar with that...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2006 June 20, 13:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Ramirez family is probably among the worst, what with the lot of them being complete and utter slackers. They usually do rather badly due to their inability to get anywhere in less than 3 hours. I am presently at a loss for what to do with them.

Interesting, because I have the exact opposite experience with them.  Their business is up to level 7 (and close to 8 ), Lisa has a job and is doing quite well, and helps out in the store when she's not working.  Tessa is skilling away, and about a day away from transitioning to teen. 
« Last Edit: 2006 June 20, 17:46:59 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2006 June 20, 14:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think so much depends on what you want from a family.  I found the Jacquets a pain mainly, I think, because the house and the business kept getting problems, so I sold the business and moved them to another house.  But he's definitely a stalker.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: