More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 23:52:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Official patch not working?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official patch not working?  (Read 11976 times)
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Official patch not working?
« on: 2008 May 27, 23:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Howdy peeps.
I've just downloaded the OFB patch which is supposed to fix two problems i have been having: Triple speed arrival on community lots and also problems with the wall-mounted speaker extension  (it plays different music to the hi-fi itself AND it has been known to play nothing at all even with the musical notes drifting out of it)
Anyway the problems were still there even after the patch told me 'Open For Business is already up to date' so I'm stumped.

I downloaded commstereofix anyway although i havent had time to try it tonight the main problem remains: the official patch has not fixed the problems its supposed to. Ever heard of this happeneing before? if its any interest i have had all expansions for a while now and only got round to the official patches in the last week or so. would that make a difference you think?

alternatively is there a patch to stop triple speed on community lots?

hope someone can help Tongue  cheers
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Official patch not working?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 28, 05:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You patched OFB on top of newer EPs?
I don't believe that works.  I didn't think the installer would let you.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 28, 05:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patching OFB when you are running a newer executable has basically no useful effect.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 28, 06:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i see. well i'm well and truly stuffed then.

are there any individual hacks i could use then for these problems, including mobile phones disappearing?

also, IF i chose to reinstall each pack then patch it one by one, would placing my current  C:\Users\tizer\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder where it is now keep my game exactly as it is? including stay-things-shrub and things like that?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 28, 06:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, if you hide your Sims folder when reinstalling, your game will survive intact when you reinstall back to where you are now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 28, 08:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if thats true, then there may yet be hope.

so that folder saves EVERYTHING, even down to neighbourhoods, relationships, memories and everything?
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 28, 08:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeap.
Make a copy of it to be sure.  I usually zip my EA Games folder up with winrar and keep it handy.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 28, 12:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay i think i'll give that option a go, although i'm apprehensive about doing this!
 i have spent so long getting things just the way i want them!

i'll just ask one more time (because this would be far simpler):

any hacks for:
>mobile phones disappearing from inventory?
>triple speed community lots?

thanks everyone. you've been very clear Wink
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 28, 15:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

any hacks for:

This bug has been around since at least Pets, as I recall, and I don't think anyone's ever made a fix for it.  I still have it happen now and then.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 28, 16:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why I hit the pause button the moment the loading screen disappears, so even if it's stuck on triple, they don't get away from me.

BTW, sometimes I think it's useful to have it on auto-magic triple speed, because it takes them so long to get out of the danged clown car to begin with.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 28, 21:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, sometimes I think it's useful to have it on auto-magic triple speed, because it takes them so long to get out of the danged clown car to begin with.

Yea, but it's particularly annoying when they walk to the community lot, and then take off doing stuff you don't want them to do...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 28, 21:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is it important to install a no-cd exe first or the game patch first? Huh

and what about any custom clothing i've made? will this also be located in C:\Users\tizer\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder?
or is there a save folder of sorts for body shop?

perhaps there is even a bodyshop patch that i should apply while i'm at all this?

i'm very nervous about doing this process.... Tongue
« Last Edit: 2008 May 28, 21:48:15 by tizerist » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 29, 03:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No-cd.exe if you're going to run the game before patching; otherwise, patch first, then get the no-cd.exe for the patched version of the game you have.

I think bodyshop puts everything in the 'SavedSims' folder it creates, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 29, 04:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clothing creations in Bodyshop just go in the Downloads folder. I always compressorize and throw them into the proper subfolder before I fire up my game and forget about them (for example C:...Downloads\my creations\Business attire).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 29, 06:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, but it's particularly annoying when they walk to the community lot, and then take off doing stuff you don't want them to do...
I always resave community lots so that Free Will is left turned off to prevent them from running amok on arrival. Also, I load with the pause key down.

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 29, 07:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

guess what?
freetime patch is back on sims2.com!!! perfect timing eh? Grin
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 29, 17:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok i've just installed the base game again, but if i do it in this order:

install game
no-cd crack
sims 2 patch

the patch automatically replaces the no-cd exe with a cd only exe again. how can i be sure if its patched it,  seeing as it replaces the exe during the process?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 29, 17:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok i've just installed the base game again, but if i do it in this order:

install game
no-cd crack
sims 2 patch

the patch automatically replaces the no-cd exe with a cd only exe again. how can i be sure if its patched it,  seeing as it replaces the exe during the process?

Turn on debug mode in the game and it will have the new release number in the top right corner.  Additionally, to avoid securom, you will want to get the no-cd crack for the patch.

And, if the patch replaces the .exe with a version that accesses the disk, this might also be a sign unto you that the patch has been installed (if the indication from the patch install process that the patch is installed and your game is updated are not sufficient for you).

Tribulatio proxima est
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 29, 17:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok thanks. where can i obtain the no-cd crack for the patch  then please?

that would also be why the update process during installation of university just failed then...
« Last Edit: 2008 May 29, 17:55:05 by tizerist » Logged
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 29, 17:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok thanks. where can i obtain the patches for the no-cd cracks for each of the EP's then please?

that would also be why the update process during installation of university just failed then...

EDIT: ok i know what to do. i'm going to play freetime with it mounted in daemon tools. forget the no-cd exe for now. got it. thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 29, 18:16:27 by tizerist » Logged
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 29, 18:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

any hacks for:

This bug has been around since at least Pets, as I recall, and I don't think anyone's ever made a fix for it.  I still have it happen now and then.

I only got this bug with BV.  It's the stuff like this that proves that nobody who works on the Sims2 series actually plays the game.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 29, 18:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok thanks. where can i obtain the patches for the no-cd cracks for each of the EP's then please?
www.gamecopyworld.com . Just read carefully and make sure you get the correct patched .exe. Remember, you only need to patch your latest EP (the one with the highest number).

Don't ever patch a game or install a new EP with a no-cd crack still in. That's why your installation of Uni borked.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 May 29, 18:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the stuff like this that proves that nobody who works on the Sims2 series actually plays the game.

Apparently musicians/composers often do not listen to recordings of their own music either.  I read once that Eddie van Halen went home and listened to Debussy.

Tribulatio proxima est
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 May 29, 18:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, i just patched OFB, installed family fun, patched that too, ran game, and the triple speed is still there.... Cry
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 May 29, 18:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, i just patched OFB, installed family fun, patched that too, ran game, and the triple speed is still there.... Cry

Heh.  Welcome to the world of TS2 borkage.  Just one of those things.  Your solution I believe is to press the "1" key and reduce speed (much like the rest of us who have had this problem).

Others suggest that you might hit "pause" every time you load a lot or have your sims go to a community lot, to ensure you don't miss their arrival.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: