More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 21:26:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540272 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No NPC Spawner options in Pie Menu
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No NPC Spawner options in Pie Menu  (Read 4355 times)
mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No NPC Spawner options in Pie Menu
« on: 2007 November 03, 17:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I used the clean templates etc and all went well. Yay. I currently have hacks installed- TwoJeffs BV Directors Cut and MATY's full BV zip as well. Took out anything that would conflict. Checked, scanned and rechecked. Nothing amiss. However, when using the testingcheats enabled, I still cannot get the option to spawn the NPC tree. Because the neighborhood is empty (Save my one townie Bella Goth (odd... I know)), my poor Legacy Sim has no one to meet. I need to spawn some townies to populate the neighborhood. Any ideas what might be amiss?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: No NPC Spawner options in Pie Menu
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 03, 18:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try taking out notownieregenetation and antiredundancy temporarily and see if that helps.

Alternatively, make some sims in CAS, move them onto a lot (if you want them to be unrelated, make each sim as a separate family.)  Have the Inge's teleporter plus to hand, and just click on Make Me a Townie.  Once you exit the lot, the sims you made will all move into the townie pool, and no need to be without either of Pescado's extremely essential hacks!   If you want teenagers or children, then you will need to make them related to at least one of your adults, but what the heck, Maxis townies, downtownies etc. have instances of odd relationships.....
« Last Edit: 2007 November 03, 18:08:01 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 03, 18:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I take those out, which I thought of doing will it super-populate with pets too? Cause I really don't want 50 strays or some such. Also, since I have a clean template, will the game actually generate more townies/downtownies if I take them out and load? (Cause then I'll just stick em back in so they will never reload for any reason unless the game has to have em)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 03, 19:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a completely separate hack for pet spawnage.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 03, 19:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I take those out, which I thought of doing will it super-populate with pets too? Cause I really don't want 50 strays or some such. Also, since I have a clean template, will the game actually generate more townies/downtownies if I take them out and load? (Cause then I'll just stick em back in so they will never reload for any reason unless the game has to have em)

As Gwill says, if you have nostrayrespawn, that should stop the repopulation with pets.

A clean template is just that, a template, and sims then get added to the template in your game folders, which is then no longer clean, but just has in it the sims that you want to be there.  The template in your program folders will remain unchanged, so if you ever want to remove the present PV and start again, you would then get a new PV exactly as you had before you started to play.

The game should generate some new townies - if you want slightly more acceptable faces than the defaults, you could put a set of face replacements in first - and if you go into Downtown, it would also generate some downtownies.  To generate some dormies, you would need to load up Uni after having taken out the nodormieregeneration hack.

You just need to enter a lot, (I think, though maybe it will happen in just Neighbourhood View) then wait, and a townie will probably do a walkby as the game generates them.  If you have the Visitor Controller or Inge's teleporter plus, you can either ban them with the VC or just clear them off with the teleporter, and the game will then generate another, which will then walkby.  and so on......

When you think you have enough townies etc., then you just replace the hacks to stop any more from being formed.

Zephyr Zodiac
mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 03, 22:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I will try using the VC to ban and see if the game respawns em with the hack removed. Also, what did you mean by " clear them off with the teleporter? - I have the shrub, just teleport them away? (since you can't delete a sim w/o lovely sim pe which I've gotta download the BV work-in-progress).

Is there a way to unban them afterwards?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 03, 23:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The teleporter is easiest, it just removes the sim from the lot and unlike using moveobjects on, if the sim has started routing towards something like a chair, it doesn't then make that chair unusable.  Using the ban option on the VC works too, and you then have the choice if you want to unban them - the option to unban just appears in the pie menu of the Controller, or if you are using an earlier version then you get the option by clicking on the sim.

You aren't really deleting them, even if you use moveobjects, you are simply deleting them from that lot, and yes, they are in the game now (as long as you save your lot properly before exiting) and will appear randomly on any lot you load. (If for some reason you didn't save - power cut, etc., they would still be in the lot bin, you wouldn't have lost them, but you would have to start over with turning them into townies.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 04, 08:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An easier option would be to shift click on the mailbox and select debug force create townies. It will give you 30 townies. The way that you worded your initial post also made me wonder what exactly you were looking for. The option that you get when you shift click on a sim in debug mode would be spawn/NPC and townie maker. Post BV that will spawn a repo man gun instead of the dead tree. As for clearing sims off using Inge's teleporter there is an option that says "clear off all non residents".

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 04, 10:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah, I don't think I shift-clicked (just right clicked and so on) so I'll try that again to double check if it's working. Else the shrub. Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: