More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 08:20:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Real Remote Management: No income decay
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Real Remote Management: No income decay  (Read 4243 times)
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Real Remote Management: No income decay
« on: 2006 March 28, 07:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anyway to get rid of the income decay from remote management that happens when you don't visit your business after a while?  It's ridiculous that you have to constantly go to the lot just to keep revenue up.  I doubt the Waltons visit every single Walmart around the world just to keep the business running, I don't see why my Sim entrepeneurs can't just sit back and let the money roll in after all the hard work it takes just to get the business profitable/successful(as Maxis alluded to earlier before the game actually came out in stores). 

Also, any chance of getting a "no yelling at broke Sims" hack?  I'm not really sure why anyone thinks it makes sense to start screaming at a customer because they can't afford to pay for anything.  Haven't they ever seen Pretty Woman?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Real Remote Management: No income decay
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 28, 07:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why WOULDN'T you scream at people for not being able to pay for things? Frikken filthy bums.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 28, 07:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey if they dont have the money they dont need to be there.  I think Maxis got the idea from Abercrombie & Fitch. 

ISFJ
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 28, 07:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tsk, tsk, such anti-bumism.  Poor people need love too.  Sad

It depends on how much money they have.  You can still sell them stuff that's within their budget.  I have a baby/toddler store with toys on the first floor and furniture on the second and I send all the cheapos downstairs and just show them a bunch of toys and they buy it. 
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 28, 09:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen anyone being yelled at for not having any money - who does the yelling, the staff?  Maybe all mine are too rich or something!  I have seen Sims hanging around not buying anything, but nobody has yelled at them.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 28, 11:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do ancient, if you sim goes to 'may i help you" and then the customer goes yes thankyou very much and your sim shows them something then they come back up to your sim and pull at their pockets and the sales sim generally gives them a dressing down.

Axe murdered since 2006
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 28, 19:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do ancient, if you sim goes to 'may i help you" and then the customer goes yes thankyou very much and your sim shows them something then they come back up to your sim and pull at their pockets and the sales sim generally gives them a dressing down.
Frikken bums deserve it, considering they're asking for something they can't afford.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mishymoto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 28, 20:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just ban the frikken poor people from my businesses.  I'm not running a dang charity -- my sims are in business for serious simoleons! Cool

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~ Sir Winston Churchill
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 28, 21:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually know which sims can afford what, and if one that doesn't have much cash shows up, my sim shows them an inexpensive item then offers it at an even lower price.  This is a great way to build up customer loyalty.  Then, when they do have more money they come back and spend like crazy.

nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 28, 21:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually know which sims can afford what, and if one that doesn't have much cash shows up, my sim shows them an inexpensive item then offers it at an even lower price.  This is a great way to build up customer loyalty.  Then, when they do have more money they come back and spend like crazy.

Yeah, I do the same.  Smiley  It really is more about customer loyalty at first than making money (in my opinion) and you can still build customer loyalty with a Sim that isn't buying anything. 

Anyway, about that remote management that irks me so much... 
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 28, 21:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second the request for some sort of hack. Unless management embezzlement is somehow built in, I don't see why actual profit should be so much lower than remote profit. Perhaps the game could take the profit of the last three sim days or so and then average it to produce a realistic profit comparable to what you would earn at the store.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 29, 02:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pssh. This is a great way to blow out your profit margin. And a great way to waste the funds of your sims that already are short on it on junk that they don't need. Me, I care only about my profits. Customer loyalty just follows naturally from a store being run in my typical idiom. I just pick the kind of business I wanna run, and within the confines of that business, try to make as much money as possible from it.

Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 29, 03:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM did the doctor spank you on the bum when you were born or did you sock it to him first? LOL

Axe murdered since 2006
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: