More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 00:26:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims 3 safe install
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 safe install  (Read 3413 times)
Quill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sims 3 safe install
« on: 2009 November 05, 06:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wiping my hard drive and reinstalling Windows, which means I will of course have to install The Sims 3.  I've got my saves and downloads backed up and all. 

I vaguely remember (and found some old discussion of) the suggestion that it was best to use a no-cd crack and possibly other tricks when installing The Sims 3, to avoid possible Eaxis craptasticness, but it's been long enough since I installed the Sims 3 that I have no idea what I did to set it up correctly the first time.  I have a legal copy of the game, but I still want to avoid the DRM. 

Obviously, I'm also failing at Google, since I can't seem to find any posts describing how to do this in a MATY-approved manner.  I took a look at the SecuRom removal thread and quite a few others, but none seem to apply. 

Am I simply losing the few marbles I have?  Can someone point out to me the thread I should look at, or describe what they did?
Madaphor
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 safe install
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 10, 06:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bumping because I'm considering a clean install of Windows 7, and would prefer a MATY-friendly way to avoid DRM, etc.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 11, 04:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well unless you have the illegal version, or the EA downloader-thing one, Sims 3 doesn't have any DRM or SecuRom.

So apparently yes, you've lost your marbles.

If you have the illegal version, simply avoid the launcher. Actually, you should avoid the launcher anyway.
VacantBlue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 11, 18:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using Awesomemod will eliminate the need for a no-cd crack.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: