More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 06:27:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Risk Taker or Careful Treader?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Risk Taker or Careful Treader?  (Read 15851 times)
Lackey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Risk Taker or Careful Treader?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 28, 20:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well under the circumstances of my recent  blow job (no pun intended) I am gonna put all the hacks in and go for it. I mean whats the worse that can happen right. I will just keep all my downloads on my c drive and on my new f drive. Might even throw one on my husbands computer just to make sure sure sure that my hair is where I can get it without repaying for it.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine to your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 28, 21:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I'll do option #1 but I won't be putting it back in batches, I'll just throw everything back into the game due to the fact that my download folder is a mess and hacks and regular files coexist with one other and nothing is organized . So if it doesn't work it doesn't work. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough which hacks work with it and which do not.
I'll be optimistic and just hope for the best <fingers crossed>.

BTW, has anyone heard of anyone getting it yet?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 28, 21:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Singapore has it.  I called EB this morning and they hadn't gotten today's shipment in, so they may still get it today, but it's scheduled tomorrow.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Well....
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 28, 21:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Careers have always goofed up with each expansion pack, I don't think it will be any different with OBF.

That's odd; from everything I've heard, careers are one of the few things that were virtually unaffected between Uni and NL.  Did I miss the memo?  O_o

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 28, 21:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I'll do option #1 but I won't be putting it back in batches, I'll just throw everything back into the game due to the fact that my download folder is a mess and hacks and regular files coexist with one other and nothing is organized . So if it doesn't work it doesn't work. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough which hacks work with it and which do not.
I'll be optimistic and just hope for the best <fingers crossed>.

BTW, has anyone heard of anyone getting it yet?

Some people on TSR have it..they've posted a few screenshots here and there.

Gamestop better call me tonight and tell me I can pick it up tomorrow. I'm getting a little too excited over here lol
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 28, 21:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i really do like to live dangerously im going to install the thing and see what happens ,the worst thing that can possibly happen is il have to reinstall , which will give the optunity to get my downloads in some kind of order , i mean really how bad can it be i only just disabled some hacks that are not nl compatable and my game has been running fine ,
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 28, 23:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope my copy arrives tomorrow (preordered from EA)

I'm going to back up my EAGames folder, remove my hacks folder and have at it. If the game plays ok, I'll start adding things back in just to see.

Not at all awesome
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 01, 00:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I get OFB I'll just do what I always do, uninstall TS2 and reinstall with no downloads other than ones that I know will work like clothing, sims, etc.

I don't "pre-order".  What would happen if the store says "Sorry, we're not getting *Insert Game Name Here* until a month after the release date"?  Then your preorder would be worthless, because the fact you do it is to get it the day before or the day on the release.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 01, 00:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'know, I think I am the kind who will walk in and stomp on anybody's toes whose feet are in the way.  I just remove my d/load folder, no if's, not but's.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 01, 01:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first thing I will want to do is play, so I'm going to copy the my documents/TS2 folder elsewhere, delete the downloads folder, untick the read-only box on all the objects.packages then install and hope for the best.  But to avoid nastiness in my current 'hood I'll create a new one for testing out the new EP.  When I've had my bit 'o' fun, I'll weed through the various hacks and tweaks to remove obsolete ones (toddler mirror from mts2 for example) and check here for compatibility reports from other players on various hacks (Saturday I'll have it hopefully) before plunging into the test hood to see if things appear normal.  It may take a day or two playing before I put the downloads folder back initially though, I like to see how long I can last without hair, clothes and objects lol.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 01, 01:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so looking forward to that damn cc warning window from EA warning about enabling or disabling custom content.I cannot rem how I got rid of that window the other time. But I expect it to appear again this time round.

Come to think of it, the windowmight have disappeared after I checked "enable Custom content" a few times.

BTW,I cannot imagine how I am going to live without Monique's computer. I have a feeling that wil goof up the game.

Go Away
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 01, 01:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What features of the computer do you use? I eyed it for a while wanting the shop-at-home stuff, but eventually found alternate methods to do almost all the features I wanted from it (since it had a number of features I didn't want).

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 01, 01:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so looking forward to that damn cc warning window from EA warning about enabling or disabling custom content.I cannot rem how I got rid of that window the other time. But I expect it to appear again this time round.

Come to think of it, the windowmight have disappeared after I checked "enable Custom content" a few times.

BTW,I cannot imagine how I am going to live without Monique's computer. I have a feeling that wil goof up the game.

It's been a while but I think you can disable the CC warning window from the game options menu.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 01, 01:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been a while but I think you can disable the CC warning window from the game options menu.

I see. Thanks so much for remindng me! I must add it to my list of things to do for installation Cheesy

For her computer, I use it to extend a housing loan to sims who cannot afford my cc for their houses. I don't cheat . I hate cheating in the game. I make them pay back the $ later.
I also do online shopping. I hate to go to lots to browse. Its bad enough to do it in RL not to mention in game.I hate shopping.
And I use it to change stupid party guests to whatever outfit I want them to be in. Now, I cannot imagne living without that.

Go Away
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 01, 01:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, Inge's mortgage shrub from Simlogical would probably replace the loan function handily (it also needs to be paid back later, and has interest), and christianlov's hacked clothing rack, available at MTS2, should handle the rest.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 01, 01:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, Inge's mortgage shrub from Simlogical would probably replace the loan function handily (it also needs to be paid back later, and has interest), and christianlov's hacked clothing rack, available at MTS2, should handle the rest.
good it has interest. I was just about to ask that Tongue
Thks for heads up I shall check these out after OFB.

Go Away
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 01, 03:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then your preorder would be worthless, because the fact you do it is to get it the day before or the day on the release.

not worthless for me, I pre-order so I don't have to find a ride to the stores that are 45 mins away in the hope of finding it  Roll Eyes 
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 01, 09:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whether you remove your other custom content or not, the CEP should be uninstalled before installing any new EPs.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 01, 18:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the "CEP"?

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 01, 18:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Colour Enabler Package - or something along those lines.  Its the file you need for recoloured objects and stuff to show ingame.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 02, 01:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After you guys get OFB, how are you going about it?

1. Backup existing folder, then install with the hacks/ careers blah blah in downloads folder. and be philosophical if it doesn't start right? Before restoring backup and reinstall without download folder?

2. Take out download folder and install OFB. Put downloads one batch at a time into the game.

I am risk taker. I am going for option 1. How about u? just curious.
I don't have that much time to play with option2.

Most people said careers might be the screwy one. How much truth is there in that? Huh

Both of these sound careful to me.  I would aim to do no.1 unless I get distracted and just load it up anyway (did that with University).

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: