More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 04:15:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about alien kids
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about alien kids  (Read 15333 times)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Question about alien kids
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 22, 02:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked my patched game and neither of my 2 alien spawn show the polli-tech in their family tree (in two different neighborhoods)

Jysudo, I assume you mean the multi-polli-tech hack, am I right?  just want to make sure  Smiley  I didn't try out the multi-polli-tech hack, that would require doing a bunch of breeding of alien spawn and I'm to tired tonight to play  Cry  I assume it would still work, you just wouldn't be able to tell in the family tree which polli-tech fathered which spawn  Undecided

I wish Maxis had just added more polli-techs instead of zapping the polli-tech parent from the family tree *sigh*
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 22, 02:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked my patched game and neither of my 2 alien spawn show the polli-tech in their family tree (in two different neighborhoods)

Jysudo, I assume you mean the multi-polli-tech hack, am I right?  just want to make sure  Smiley  I didn't try out the multi-polli-tech hack, that would require doing a bunch of breeding of alien spawn and I'm to tired tonight to play  Cry  I assume it would still work, you just wouldn't be able to tell in the family tree which polli-tech fathered which spawn  Undecided

I wish Maxis had just added more polli-techs instead of zapping the polli-tech parent from the family tree *sigh*

Yes Sleepycat, I am using that.  Grin
And I love it.Can't wait for the kid to grow up. I have one alien kid with the PT's genes. now.

Go Away
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 22, 02:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jysudo, cool, it's just to bad you can't tell who fathered it in the family tree, wish Maxis had left it alone then the multi-polli-tech hack would really be worth having.

I know someone else mentioned somewhere that they had edited their copy of it to have a whole bunch of polli-techs(instead of just 4), wish I had asked for a copy! wish I could remember who it was! *mutters about her stupid bad memory*

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 22, 03:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I read that the patch brings the identity of the PT back! :/ not sure if its' true or false? I have yet to check it out in the game. I will report back again if it does. Use that hack. I have a feeling the kid will be adorable ...I mean he has a nose as a tot, sharp pointy eyes and bug shaped eyes and his sim dad is good looking. what could go wrong?

With the PT hack, i also have twin alien girls but they have human shaped eyes and no pointy ears so its not a 100% thing either.

Go Away
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 22, 03:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I read that the patch brings the identity of the PT back! :/ not sure if its' true or false? I have yet to check it out in the game. I will report back again if it does.

well I just checked in my patched game and the PT does not show up in the family tree so for me atleast it didn't change.

The polli-tech replacement file I use is from laverwinkle and has normal size eyes and pointy ears and I'm happy with it  Cool
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 22, 04:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I read that the patch brings the identity of the PT back! :/ not sure if its' true or false? I have yet to check it out in the game. I will report back again if it does.

well I just checked in my patched game and the PT does not show up in the family tree so for me atleast it didn't change.

The polli-tech replacement file I use is from laverwinkle and has normal size eyes and pointy ears and I'm happy with it  Cool

Thats good. It mean that my aliens can marry 'normally?'I am glad I won't have to mess about in Simpe then. It was a pain previously.

Go Away
Adara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 22, 09:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game all the new born alien kids are linked again after the patch. The aliens born before the patch are unlinked.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 22, 13:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know someone else mentioned somewhere that they had edited their copy of it to have a whole bunch of polli-techs(instead of just 4), wish I had asked for a copy! wish I could remember who it was! *mutters about her stupid bad memory*

I think that was Oddysey. I think it's still available on MTS2, but I could be wrong.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 22, 14:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew about this one and it's nice but I wanted to stick with the green alien skintones....I have several I use....but making my own maybe the way to go....I'm assuming I would use 
simpe to make this default replacement?  Is there any tutiorals on doing this? I'm very new to that program and I really need step by step instructions Embarrassed ( oh and any pics would be nice too, Cheesy)....thanks , tgdrysix

for making default replacements -  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2930.0

as for the polli-techs, I use the one at laverwinkle now but I use to use one of the ones in that thread at mts2

polli-tech replacement file(s) do not affect the skintone (or hair color) so you can use it with any alien skintone you want  Grin

Well I checked out the default replacement instructions and my brain started to spin...so I slowing and carefully backed away....I think I'll just stick with the default ones people so much more awesome than me, already took the time to make.... Wink....so if I go with the pt from laverwinkle how would I just use the pt and not the skintone....doesn't it come together with the download?  Thanks, for all your help and patience!!! Cheesy  tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 22, 14:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game all the new born alien kids are linked again after the patch. The aliens born before the patch are unlinked.

DAMN! This makes me regret getting the patch. I got it so that the stupid maid can take the trash out.

Your kids are all by the same PT? So they are half slibings again? pls confirm. Thanks.

Go Away
Adara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 22, 14:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your kids are all by the same PT? So they are half slibings again? pls confirm. Thanks.
Yes all alien-kids born after the new patch have the PT listed as their father and are half-siblings
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 22, 14:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I checked out the default replacement instructions and my brain started to spin...so I slowing and carefully backed away....I think I'll just stick with the default ones people so much more awesome than me, already took the time to make.... Wink....so if I go with the pt from laverwinkle how would I just use the pt and not the skintone....doesn't it come together with the download?  Thanks, for all your help and patience!!! Cheesy  tgdrysix

It's not that hard. Really.  It just looks worse than it is.  It's just like following a recipe. I wrote out the steps one by one.   You aren't probably able to visualize the whole procedure at the moment, that's why it looks scary, but if you just follow along, you'll find that it becomes clear.

If anything is unclear, post a question in the thread or PM me.

This is a good test for my tutorial, if you can pull it off, then I know it's good.  Smiley
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 22, 15:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that hard. Really.  It just looks worse than it is.  It's just like following a recipe. I wrote out the steps one by one.   You aren't probably able to visualize the whole procedure at the moment, that's why it looks scary, but if you just follow along, you'll find that it becomes clear.

This is a good test for my tutorial, if you can pull it off, then I know it's good.  Smiley

Okay I'll make an attempt....and let you know how it goes....I do have one question....what is the NVIDIA DDS Utilities.... Embarrassed... I didn't get a good look at it before I ran for cover so to speak Undecided....tgdrysix

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 22, 15:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that was Oddysey. I think it's still available on MTS2, but I could be wrong.

cool, I'll have to look  Smiley

so if I go with the pt from laverwinkle how would I just use the pt and not the skintone....doesn't it come together with the download?  Thanks, for all your help and patience!!! Cheesy  tgdrysix

the skintone link is above the picture but the alien eyes and polli-tech are below the picture (attached to the post)

Yes all alien-kids born after the new patch have the PT listed as their father and are half-siblings

geez, wonder if thats a bug or feature  Roll Eyes
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 25, 17:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay well I got so far as to download that utilities thingy and that's about it...sorry I'm so dense when it comes to this type of stuff....but if you don't mind , could give me some more detailed instructions, I would be most grateful....I have a pt that I'd like to use for a default replacement with the skintone and everything I just need to figure out how to get him in the game....I would like to know more about the first part too....preparation section...about the folders I need to make....thanks again and sorry to be such a pain....I'm sure most people could figure this stuff out no problem, unfortunately I ain't one of them Undecided...tgdrysix

holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 25, 19:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im going to have a go at that default replacement thing as well , i have a fantastic alien green default skin already in my game , but want a preaty pt ,

but can i complain when the world explodes due to my imcompatance at this kinda stuff
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 26, 03:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that's the case then that totally sucks.

Downgrade.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: