More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 13:26:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Kicked out sims vanished, not in neighborhood???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kicked out sims vanished, not in neighborhood???  (Read 5373 times)
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
Kicked out sims vanished, not in neighborhood???
« on: 2009 July 11, 02:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm hoping one of you awesome people can help me.

I had a family with three kids.  One of them got married and I kicked out the newlyweds, and was able to follow them with a camera to a house where they moved in, and they now show up on the neighborhood view just like any other friends.

Then a second one got married, and I kicked out that bunch, but they just vanished halfway down the block, and now they don't show up anywhere on the neighborhood screen.  Help!  How can I find and track these people?  I tried using the "bless" command with awesomemod, which as I understood it was supposed to put a halo on the screen where they are.  This also does not happen.  I am confooooooooozed.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Smiley

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Kicked out sims vanished, not in neighborhood???
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 11, 02:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You kicked them out. They are now homeless townies, living on the streets with only the clothes on their backs. They're fine, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 11, 03:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to move them into a house?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 11, 03:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to move them into a house?
Yeah. When you're moving them out, you pick "house" instead of "kick out". In which case you buy a house from them out of the fambly funds, and then they go live there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 11, 03:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I know about that.  Here's the thing - when I moved the last family out, i tried to move them into a house, the pomeranian or something, in Riverview, but the game wouldn't let me move them in; it kept saying the house needed enough bed space and at least one refrigerator.  Well, it HAD a double bed (there were only 2 of them, newlyweds) and it had a fridge.  So I couldn't get them to move.  But then when I used "kick out", they moved into an expensive house that the family couldn't have afforded.

So that's why I used "kick out" this time; I thought it would move them into a random house like it did the last set.  I see that it did not, I have no idea why; most likely I am Doing It Wrong but I have no idea why.

Anyway, now that the others are townies, is there any way to un-Townie them?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 11, 03:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I know about that.  Here's the thing - when I moved the last family out, i tried to move them into a house, the pomeranian or something, in Riverview, but the game wouldn't let me move them in; it kept saying the house needed enough bed space and at least one refrigerator.  Well, it HAD a double bed (there were only 2 of them, newlyweds) and it had a fridge.  So I couldn't get them to move.
It may be missing other components, especially if one of them is pregnant. Pregnant sims count as 3 people.

But then when I used "kick out", they moved into an expensive house that the family couldn't have afforded.
Yes, and that exploit was fixed in AwesomeMod: Sims are no longer allowed to magically acquire a million dollars and move into an expensive house after being kicked out onto the street.

So that's why I used "kick out" this time; I thought it would move them into a random house like it did the last set.  I see that it did not, I have no idea why; most likely I am Doing It Wrong but I have no idea why.
Because that exploit was fixed, so you can't abuse the system like that anymore.

Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 11, 03:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that explains it.  I must have moved the first set before I updated AwesomeMod.

Thank you, Pescado.  My lack of understanding has now been rectified.  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: