More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 18:02:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Making custom skins and clothes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Making custom skins and clothes  (Read 2996 times)
Luisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Making custom skins and clothes
« on: 2009 July 10, 07:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to make skins and clothes for TS2 (rip them out with bodyshop etc, fiddle with the images and alpha channels, and import them back in).

So far, TS3 editing wise, I've just got the CAS unitool and the guide, but I'm working long hours at the mo so I haven't had a chance to hack the game as much as I'd like, but was just wondering what tools I'll need to make clothes and skins for TS3?

Any typographical errors in the above post are likely caused by excess alcohol consumption.
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Making custom skins and clothes
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 10, 09:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might want to inquire over at the Mod the Sims community, since that seems to be where many of the new, non-paysite creations are being offered.  MATY is generally more for game fixes (because EAxis always breaks their own shit) and hacks.

http://www.modthesims.info
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 10, 10:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway I don't think that skins and clothing in TS3 will reach the level of TS2. Most of it will be just replacements and the player will have the option to use only one of each.
By now the launched Base Game has so many issues that me, for example, didn't download any kind of custom content besides xml mods. I'm not even modding self because here we are more adjuster creators (objects that adjust game behaviours not game constants).
There's also the possibility that EA releases a Stuff EP with some of the collected items from this Store or uploaded crap. Skin and clothing creators are endangered of being just recolorists.
I've seen many sets of furniture or other objects that are simple recolors to stuff up the game when they are not even necessary. The recolor system of TS3 is "drag and drop" type, what means that you can recolor just one item and use this design tool to just drag the color and drop over other items to match. It includes from rugs to beds, curtains or any piece of surface.
The same to clothing.
Luisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 10, 12:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might want to inquire over at the Mod the Sims community, since that seems to be where many of the new, non-paysite creations are being offered.  MATY is generally more for game fixes (because EAxis always breaks their own shit) and hacks.

http://www.modthesims.info
Aye, I like MTS. Glad I found this place too though because when I get time I'd like to learn more about the inner workings of TS3 - I'm lucky enough to have been blessed with a good brain, so I know if I put my mind to it I could learn, and this looks like the right place for that. Smiley

Anyway I don't think that skins and clothing in TS3 will reach the level of TS2. Most of it will be just replacements and the player will have the option to use only one of each.
Sucks, yeah I won't be content with just replacements... I'll need to be able to make my own stuff for the game and not just recolors or the game probably won't get played. Then again, my problem with TS2 was that I never did actually spend much time actually "playing" within the game: I'd go on it with the intention of playing, see something I didn't like, and end up spending the next few days or weeks learning how to change it to the way I wanted it.  I'm never happy unless I'm tinkering with something. Grin

The recolor system of TS3 is "drag and drop" type, what means that you can recolor just one item and use this design tool to just drag the color and drop over other items to match. It includes from rugs to beds, curtains or any piece of surface.
The same to clothing.
Yeah, it's great that we can do minor changes like recolors from within the game, but obviously that is pretty limited - If I'm gonna play I'll need to be able to make my own skins and clothes to be happy, so I can properly add little details like tattoo's and different shapes of clothing. If I'm honest I guess I must enjoy that more than the actual playing or I suppose I'd play with it more and fiddle less. LOL, I just realised I'd better rephrase that - I sound like such a dirty girl. Grin
« Last Edit: 2009 July 10, 12:45:59 by Luisa » Logged

Any typographical errors in the above post are likely caused by excess alcohol consumption.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 10, 16:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, this is what every TS player that is older than 12 does. I doubt TS was meant to be played. 3 days of play after release is enough to bore you to hell. Instead we convince us that we are big artists, mess around with others game, waste hours of empty talking online, trying to learn something that will be obsolete next days and call it Progress. Help to save 100 bucks with a shrink and keep EA's cash flow.  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: