More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 03:21:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I object Podium
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I object Podium  (Read 7160 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
I object Podium
« on: 2007 June 27, 15:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if TJ has consider to do a no autonomy play for this career reward object it would be good as it is annoying to have them playing with it all the time. I placed it on one lot and every kid on it wouldn't stop playing with it I had to put it in the adults inventory. 
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
Re: I object Podium
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 27, 17:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The default MATY position is that sims should be operated with Free Will off, so hacks to stop this sort of behaviour are probably low priority.

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 27, 17:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well twojeffs already has one that will stop children from autonomously playing with the Teleprompter career reward object, so maybe he will do this too (or are they the same reward object? I always forget there are reward objects so I'm clueless about them )
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 27, 17:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The default MATY position is that sims should be operated with Free Will off, so hacks to stop this sort of behaviour are probably low priority.

"You may choose a ready guide in some celestial voice;
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill.
I will choose a path that's clear.
I will choose Freewill."

-Neil Peart

TwoJeffs restrains several annoying autonomous behaviors with various hacks as I recall, which would be unnecessary if most people were not using freewill.  I would not be surprised to find this addressed somewhere in his section, Not A Good Commando Name.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 27, 22:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont think the default at Maty is freewill off, theres too many hacks to stop sims doing stuff auto. 

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 27, 22:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The default MATY position is that sims should be operated with Free Will off,

Can you cite the source of that alleged position?
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 27, 23:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the MATY recommendation was Free Will Off, there wouldn't be half the hacks they have here. Heck, TwoJeff's ACR mod is all about making free will even freer. So to speak.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 27, 23:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Free will off is JMP's personal recommendation. It's not a "default MATY position". Other than BBS users = sheep, I don't think there is much we all agree on here!
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 28, 03:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Free Will off is boring. I'd rather my sims get into scrapes when I'm not supervising, makes the game more interesting. Otherwise it's just a routine of "go, eat, sleep, study, etc". Not enough danger and drama, IMO.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 28, 03:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this has been done. One of my very first hacks in fact. It's buried somewhere in the nether regions of Old Crap and called No play with teleprompter or some such thing.

And Free Will off is not something I'm a fan of at all. I find it immensely boring and uninteresting and only use it for set photographs or sometimes for hack testing but never when playing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 28, 03:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if TJ has consider to do a no autonomy play for this career reward object it would be good as it is annoying to have them playing with it all the time. I placed it on one lot and every kid on it wouldn't stop playing with it I had to put it in the adults inventory. 
For the most part our position is that this behavior is harmless, since it does not consume an unreasonable amount of time to start or stop, inflict harm on sims using it, or fail to provide the advertised motive claims. Therefore, the behavior is harmless. Just ignore them, it's not hurting anything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 28, 03:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the most part our position is that this behavior is harmless.

And is in fact beneficial if your sim kid didn't maximize charisma as a toddler, right?

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 28, 03:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this has been done. One of my very first hacks in fact. It's buried somewhere in the nether regions of Old Crap and called No play with teleprompter or some such thing.

But it does not cover the I object Podium and I also do play with free will off it is not the children on that live on the lot it is the visiting children.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 28, 05:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just realized that. I'd forgotten all about the Law thingy. I'll probably whip up a version that includes that.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 28, 06:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While you're at it you might want to do the Life Story entertainment podium as well.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 28, 23:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And is in fact beneficial if your sim kid didn't maximize charisma as a toddler, right?
Burping into the microphone does not increase Charisma, sorry. But it doesn't hurt it either, so I consider it a harmless behavior of the type you might expect from kids.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: