More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 17:57:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Application quits with NL director's cut installed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Application quits with NL director's cut installed  (Read 7562 times)
Chafe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Application quits with NL director's cut installed
« on: 2007 May 13, 08:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys. Got a new machine so I figured I'd install the sims 2 again and see how it ran. The only expansions I own are Uni and NL (everything is patched as well). Installed everything and patched and things were fine. Found the Director's Cut for NL here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/

I used moreawesomethanyou-nl.zip. Created a downloads folder and extracted everything to it. Enabled custom content and when I try to play I get the application crashed and has gotta quit error. From reading the boards I thought this might be a driver issue (nvidia 7600 GT) but when I tried to roll back to 77.77 I get told that it's not the right driver for my hardware, so I went back to the latest one. After uninstalling and reinstalling everything and testing a bit at a time I started to suspect the hacks. Sure enough, as soon as I delete the downloads folder everything is running fine again. Just wondering if anyone has run into this issue and knows which file might be causing this to happen. I'll likely start putting things in one at a time tomorrow to see if I can find which one is the culprit. Either that or it's entirely possible I'm doing something wrong with the extraction (just tossing everything into the downloads folder).

Oh yeah for test purposes I was using Pleasentville, with the standard Downtown and Sim State Uni attached to it. I was using a create a sim at Sim State when the issues started popping up. When I uninstalled and reinstalled and tested things one at a time I was just using Don Lothario. I'd just play for a few minutes and made sure he could safely nail one of his ladies and then would move on to the next install. If there's any other information I can provide please let me know. It's 1:40 AM so I apologize for how disorganized this post might be.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Application quits with NL director's cut installed
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 13, 08:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There have been reported CTD issues due to NL engine bugs with some items, so nothing's probably unusually wrong with your game. Try to isolate exactly which items are doing this, as I can't seem to find a dedicated NL tester. At what point does it crash?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 13, 09:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My son's machine is still only NL & Uni. Unfortunately my big PC dumped it's registry  last week and I've been re-installing all weekend. I was going to check the sleepclock this weekend, now it'll be next. When testing, do you want the game to be patched? Forgot to do that when I installed.

Chafe; I found sleepclock crashed the game to the desktop, but JM has since updated that.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 13, 09:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go ahead and patch, yes. Run the full Director's Cut piece by piece and let me know which ones produce crashage and where.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 13, 10:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only Uni and NL. I have had to remove 4 or 5 DC hacks which caused various crashes.
dramafix and woohooltwfix being the worst for me with instant crash to desktop. I had a list for a while of other hacks which caused problems with specific actions but seem to have deleted it.
I am quite happy to help out with NL issues.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 13, 10:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dramafix and woohooltwfix being the worst for me with instant crash to desktop.
Try new version.

Chafe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 13, 15:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue has been somewhat localized but I'm not done testing yet. I grabbed the newest zip this morning and have been installing them a bunch at a time mostly by letter, around 20-40 at a time. I got all the way to the n's and had my fingers crossed as they are both awesome and huge, and awesomely huge as well (there's like 40 of them). Sure enough in the n's I got the crash. I loaded everything but the n's and experienced no issue. So I need to remove everything and just add the n's and then figure out which one is making this happen.

As to when this happens, it's between 1-30 seconds of entering a lot, everything runs flawlessly before that. Sometimes it'll be as soon as I enter the first command, sometimes I'll get to do a couple commands before it happens. Anyways I'll start playing around with the n's and get back with some more information. Thanks for the super quick replies.
Chafe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 13, 16:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like the culprit is nopedostalkers. This occurs whether it is installed with all the other hacks or all by itself. I tried looking for an rtfm for this but couldn't find one, so I dunno what it even does, something about stalking kids or pedestrians? **edit: user error with search, I was only searching in this forum, seems to eliminate creepy behavior** But that's the one causing the error. Looks like everything else is running super awesome.
Chafe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 13, 17:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some other non-crash related wonkiness going on once I removed that hack. It appears that my sims can't skill up anything. The little meter just gets stuck at the bottom and a skill never goes up. I've tried cooking and chess so far. In fact the skill meter stays there even when I stop trying to increase a skill. I removed the hacks I thought might be causing this (skillinator, macrotastics) but it still doesn't work. If I remove all the hacks it works fine. Not sure if I want to further troubleshoot this or just catch up on the expansions that I'm missing, since I'm interested enough in the game now that I have a nice computer that I think I can justify buying the 3 expansions I am missing. But just a heads up.
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 14, 08:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New versions caused no crashing in brief session.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 15, 03:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also had some issues...I just installed NL and so I went hogwild with some MATY hacks last night, including ACR.  Not the director's cut, I just picked and chose from the directory using the RTFMs, some Maxian weirdness doesn't bother me as much as others.

I even took out my folder with a couple other things (hacked objects, InSim, kitten killer), to check that it was the stuff from here on its own and not a compatibility issue.

I have my main issue (game crash when unpausing play mode) narrowed down to two files--romancemod and Teen - Adult Attraction Fix--two files I downloaded to "go along" with ACR.  ACR works on its own.  I'm going to go figure out which one caused the crash, edit this post to report which, and then put everything else back in the game in batches, just to make sure they don't cause any additional problems.

My computer absolutely can't run higher than NL and my new laptop isn't scheduled to arrive for a month, so I can be a NL guinea pig for a month!
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 15, 06:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Quinctia: are you using ACR3d? I found 3c to have too many problems so I use 3a (I think). Do you find they reset when they try to sleep after auto-woohoo?

I remember having problems with romancemod too but when I put an old version in it seemed fine. Unfortunately I moved all my DLs to check the new woohooltw and dramafix so everything is now dated Sunday. Roll Eyes If I dig out my external HD I can have a look at the dates later.

Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 15, 07:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used whatever the latest one was in the thread, so I'm assuming it's the one with the later letter in the file name.

Here's the weird thing, I narrowed down the ACR stuff tonight:
ACR alone - fine
ACR + romance mod - fine
ACR + Teen - Adult Attraction fix - was fine for a couple of minutes, then the game crashed
any combination of any hacks where I have both romance mod + Teen - Adult Attraction fix - everyone is standing at attention like an EP installation, everyone's wants spin once play mode is unpaused, the game crashes instantly

Now, I read all the documentation on the ACR stuff, and the attraction fix was not only compatible with the kitten killer, but supposedly an improvement when put along side it.  I would think there might be a compatibility issue, but no, this was crashing the game when I had no hacks but it and romancemod.  I don't really need it, so I'm not bothered by taking it out, I'm just surprised by how much my game HATED it.

Since I had the wants spinning, I immediately pulled out all of the stuff pertaining to wants.  I got sucked into actually playing a bit on my legacy family tonight when the game loaded sanely (since I'd been wanting to play since last night), but sometime tomorrow I'll see how the rest of the stuff plays with that Attraction fix out of there.

And whatever version of ACR I've been using has actually been playing nice with the game so far.  The only issue I had with sleep after autowoohoo is that the first person to go relax turns the TV on first, and the TV wakes them up!  I'll have to take it out of the bedroom now.
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 15, 09:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try ACR3d. Maybe I'm lucky and have a special type of borkeness in my game, TJ didn't think he could help me out.

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 15, 22:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The teen/adult attraction fix is liable to be wonky on some NL installs. There is no reliable way to know which NL installs though, it's luck 'o the draw. ACR & romance mod should be fine.
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 16, 03:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found it weird that by itself, it almost worked, but it was instant implosion with romancemod.

It seems like all the other mods are working fine at this point.  Smiley  I put them back in this evening.
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 18, 16:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, are you actually interested in finding a dedicated NL tester? Do you want to know about issues?
You responded quickly to my post here but when I thought I would follow that up with another problem, I found that my previous report on firemod is still the last post in that thread.
Take it out and ignore it or post another error log?

Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 20, 02:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a head's up:  I downloaded some of the want hacks, and they went fine, except one - wfsanity was doing weird things to my game.

I loaded the game and went into a lot, and one of the family member's want slots were all blank.  Couldn't shift-click to reroll when they didn't exist, so I uni-upgraded her with the lot debugger, mainly for the auto-rolling, and then the slots turned black and all six had the locked graphic in the corner.

It will throw up an error log, should I go back, replicate the problem and attach the log?
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 20, 13:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happen as well. Using the lot debugger didn't help. I had a family sim who wanted to want a child according to the error log, or at least that's how I read it. She already has 2 children but she ended up with all slots empty, presumably 2 children is enough. Her popularity husband who is not the father of her children (they live with their paternal grandfather) also wanted to want a child but he only had 2 empty slots.
I have taken it out as a good idea that doesn't work with my game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 20, 13:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It will throw up an error log, should I go back, replicate the problem and attach the log?
Yes. Since we no longer run NL, it's not possible to track things down based on such a vague, unspecific report alone. Always attach log.

Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 20, 20:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here you go.  I loaded the lot with testingcheats on, and an error popped up with the wants tree.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: