More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 18:16:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How do I delete .Sims3pack files completely?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do I delete .Sims3pack files completely?  (Read 3747 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
How do I delete .Sims3pack files completely?
« on: 2010 February 16, 22:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have some free downloads from the store, and I want to get rid of them, so I can use the .dbc sets for Store Content without duplicates. No matter how much I search I can't find the answer to these two questions.

First of all, how do I get rid of the store content completely. I know deleting them using the dreaded launcher (which I no longer use,) does not delete the files completely.

Secondly, will I have to replace in game instances of the store objects I have used, or will the objects remain what they are supposed to be? (Will the old town fan still be the old town fan after replacing the files.)

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: How do I delete .Sims3pack files completely?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 17, 00:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, that is quite helpful.

Are you going to delete the thread again?

Yeah, sorry about that, I just got a little nervous that I overlooked something while searching for the answers. I'm still not sure that I didn't overlook something, but I figured the reward was worth the risk.

Edit: Wait, upon re-reading your post, I am a little confused. You know I'm talking about getting rid of the free store items, installed via launcher right? The ones from EAxis? (I got them before I started to bypass the launcher.)
« Last Edit: 2010 February 17, 01:02:37 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: How do I delete .Sims3pack files completely?
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 18, 03:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything installed via the launcher is installed to the DCCache folder. Delete the .dbc files therein. Also delete the contents of DCBackup, and you can delete the Sims3pack files found in Downloads.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: