More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 16:17:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A favour please - Ikea
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A favour please - Ikea  (Read 4216 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
A favour please - Ikea
« on: 2008 June 26, 08:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please can someone let me have a copy of the objects.package from Ikea SP?   I don't really want to buy it at the moment, but I could do with being able to see if any of my hacks need updating.

TIA Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: A favour please - Ikea
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 26, 09:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll get my IKEA copy tomorrow at the latest - so if you haven't got the objects.package by then, you can have mine Smiley.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 26, 10:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stuffpacks don't use objects.package anymore. They haven't done that since GLS or so. Nowadays, stuffpacks do some even weirder, more unholy thing that does not alter anything in objects.package. It is thus pointless to scan a stuffpack's objects.package.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 26, 11:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://rapidshare.com/files/125131817/objects.package.html

Here you go
Hope there will be updates soon Smiley

EDIT: Damn
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 26, 11:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stuffpacks don't use objects.package anymore. They haven't done that since GLS or so. Nowadays, stuffpacks do some even weirder, more unholy thing that does not alter anything in objects.package. It is thus pointless to scan a stuffpack's objects.package.

So where did you get the data to fix your phone hack etc?  Does it put the stuff in the Overrides folder?  If so perhaps you'd be good enough to let me have the contents of that - or whatever else the helpful person sent you that was relevant.  Because I know you haven't gone out and bought IKEA stuff yourself Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 26, 12:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the error log of the Phone Hack. It's still up. The only thing you really need to know is what bit it uses, and in this case, IKEA is using the last bit available, bit-16 (0x10), which is also the sign bit. As a result, a game with all EPs and SPs to date up to IKEA appears as gameversion -1 (0xFFFF, 1111111111111111b). The only thing that REALLY changes is that if you were using gameversion > X to test for "has engine greater than or equal to", you have to cache the result, unset flag 0x10, and then test on that, or else your number is negative. IKEA itself introduces no new objectcode, so only multiversion by engine hacks need to be updated as such. Things which only test for individual expansions or things which have no expansion test at all continue to function unchanged. Only gameversion engine tests (for instance, Pets or greater, but not necessarily requiring Pets itself, a Pets or greater engine) need changing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 26, 12:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I see...  I shouldn't be affected then, because I don't make single-version EP-detecting hacks.   If I'd known just how often everything would change, I probably would have done, but I don't think I can be bothered to implement it now.

Blackcat, thankyou I have your file downloaded now :thumbsup:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: