More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 00:16:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets have trouble sleeping in BV?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets have trouble sleeping in BV?  (Read 5863 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Pets have trouble sleeping in BV?
« on: 2007 September 25, 13:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, not sure if this is some weird glitch in my game, or if BV broke something, but ever since I installed it, pets can no longer sleep in a room with a TV or stereo turned on.  I first noticed this with one family's cat that likes to sleep on the living room floor (in spite of an expensive pet bed in the same room Smiley ). First time I played the lot in BV, the cat was asleep, the TV was still on, and the cat woke up with the tv-crossed-out icon/thought bubble. So I removed the TV to one of the sim's inventory, and the cat went back to sleep.  Put the TV back, and the cat woke up again.

I tested with other pets in other houses, with similar results.  Anyone else see this?  Or am I just mis-remembering that pets slept through any noise in the room?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
simmerphi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Pets have trouble sleeping in BV?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 25, 14:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed the same thing on the lot where my dog breeder lives.

The pet beds are in a room adjacent to the family room but there is only an archway, not a door between the rooms so I guess the sound carries into there.  Now the dogs ( 3 of them at the moment) are taking turns sleeping in the doghouse out on the back porch which was previously only used for breeding. 

I moved the stereo to the kids playroom and use a non awesome hack to get my Sims to automatically turn off the TV whenever they are finished watching it.  That helps a little.

Is it possible that stuff like this gets left in the game on purpose to give Modders something to tinker with?
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 25, 14:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this pre-BV. I usually make sure that no electronics are in any area that has sim or pet beds.

More F than you
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 25, 15:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hungry parrots also keep pets awake.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 25, 16:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem prior to BV. My sim had catbeds in the living room, every time she tried to watch tv, it woke the cats up. I ended up moving the catbeds to another room. Apparently EAxis never saw a cat sleep through the sound of a tv or stereo...or like a few my cats, actually watch tv.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 25, 17:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fantasia, the only pet I'm playing with right now, frequently watches tv.

Anyways, I've had the sleeping issue with pets since Pets.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 25, 18:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, ok, then I guess I'm just mis-remembering, 'cause I could swear pets slept through environmental sounds. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 25, 18:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember mine had no problem with tvs or radios. I created a plant sim household when I first got Seasons. I spawned a plant baby and woohooed to get two more. Plant baby grows up to roll multiple pet wants. They get two dogs and a cat. Two pet beds were in the living room with a wall tv, and the other in the hallway. Although they did obsess over the bed in the hallway, they would sleep on the ones in the living room without a problem. The tv in that house was on non-stop because they were just never interested in it long enough to turn it off (being knowledge sims), the only one who watched it, was the cat.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 26, 06:21:00 by morriganrane » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 25, 19:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you have Squinge's hack nosiedoesn'twakeanyoneup in your game before BV?  That hack worked on sims and pets.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 25, 21:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, I never used that Squinge hack.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 26, 07:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always had pets woken by TV or stereo. Only had one parrot. briefly, before I had a dead parrot, so I don't know about those. The womrat wheel used to wake my cats up I think. I can't even remember - do they have wheels? I'm sure I remember a squeaking noise.

Oh and the archways do stop the noise in the next room for me.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 26, 08:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still running Seasons and the TVs and stereos wake up the Pets in my game. I had a cat sleeping on a bed when a Sim went into labor and her groans woke the cat up. Jumping on the couch will wake up both Sims and pets that are asleep in that room, even if they aren't on the couch. Even some of the toddler toys and the cheap dishwasher wake the pets and Sims. But they sleep in the yard just fine while the carpool blows its horn for an hour.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 26, 11:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why my sim-pets sleep in the garage or backyard Cheesy I tend to keep them out of the house if I can.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 26, 15:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see why sims can't sleep with the TV on anyway - most humans can.  To make it realistic, they should only wake up if someone switches it when a sim is already asleep.  If they fall asleep with it on in the first place they should not wake straight up again just because it is still on.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 26, 15:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and stereos should be the same way.  If I'm listening to Brian Eno's "Songs that are quieter than silence itself," the stereo shouldn't wake me up!

I suggest putting "The Great Divide" room dividers around the pet beds.  These are those little flat strips in the fencing section, they look like a threshold when you put them down.  They act like walls and keep sound out.

They're also great to use around cribs.  You can have a crib in the child's bedroom, and the baby won't wake up the child.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 27, 01:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it has something to do with the individual pet.  I've got an old German Shepherd on one lot who paces if the t.v. is on, even though it is in a different room and the dog is nearly exhausted.  At another lot I have two Standard Poodles and a cat who will sleep through anything, including a blaring t.v. or stereo.

Of course, this was all pre-BV and I haven't played those lots long enough since installing EP6 to check if there's been any change.

The most abberant aspect since BV is in the bathrooms:  just about every darn EAxis corner-fitting shower I have is spewing water.  There's no repair option; have had to replace them.  I think my rainstorms are being diverted through the plumbing.

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 27, 06:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why my sim-pets sleep in the garage or backyard Cheesy I tend to keep them out of the house if I can.

Actually, this is why, in the early days of my Legacy, I put the TV outside and made the kids watch it there.  Because just as in real life, my Sim cats dictate everything that happens.

PB

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: