More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 08:00:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  24/7 Ghost - Just will not return to gravestone
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 24/7 Ghost - Just will not return to gravestone  (Read 5310 times)
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
24/7 Ghost - Just will not return to gravestone
« on: 2009 July 13, 10:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with this ghost?  The others on the lot come out at night and return to their gravestones, but this one just will not leave.  It is getting to be a bit much, especially since you cannot walk through them, which I find odd, and they can cause bottlenecks.
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: 24/7 Ghost - Just will not return to gravestone
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 13, 19:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried talking to any of the ghosts and using the "Ask to Leave" or even the "Ask Everyone to Leave" command?

You may have to move the 24/7 ghost to the cemetery.  The mausoleum functions as a container (like a fridge) if you use the "Manage Dead" command on it.  You can the the urn or tombstone and place it in the mausoleum.  You can also just put the tombstone on the cemetery grounds if you want.
originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 13, 20:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also reset the Sim.  Gunther Goth does this on a regular basis for me.

(Yes I know, the Goths.  Never played them in the first 2 games, I'm working through them this go round.)

High Priestess of The Way of the Son of Perdition
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 13, 20:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the "Ask Everyone to Leave" command and I thought it had worked, but now all four of the ghosts are acting strangely by sticking around through the day and eating food which they never did before.  Thank goodness I have a large house.  I guess if it gets to be too much I will put them in the cemetery, but I did not want to do that because I wanted the offspring through the generations to have a chance to get to know their grandparents and beyond.  I am not sure what I have done to spur this on, but something is surely broken.

@originalhalf: I had not thought of using ResetSim since it was a ghost, but I will try that.  I now need to reset all of them.
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 13, 22:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the "Ask Everyone to Leave" command and I thought it had worked, but now all four of the ghosts are acting strangely by sticking around through the day and eating food which they never did before.  Thank goodness I have a large house.  I guess if it gets to be too much I will put them in the cemetery, but I did not want to do that because I wanted the offspring through the generations to have a chance to get to know their grandparents and beyond.  I am not sure what I have done to spur this on, but something is surely broken.

@originalhalf: I had not thought of using ResetSim since it was a ghost, but I will try that.  I now need to reset all of them.

They've never done that before? Mine always stick around for breakfast, at the very least. I  believe its been determined that ghosts stay out for a random period of six hours, beginning somewhere between twelve a.m. and six a.m. A ghost could come out at, for example, three a.m. and hang around until nine a.m., therefore having time to eat breakfast with the family.

Mine have always done this, from about the third time I played the game. If something's broken, I've got the same problem. However, mine always do go back to their tombstones, eventually, even if it's nearly noon by the time they do so.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 14, 01:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They've never done that before? Mine always stick around for breakfast, at the very least. I  believe its been determined that ghosts stay out for a random period of six hours, beginning somewhere between twelve a.m. and six a.m. A ghost could come out at, for example, three a.m. and hang around until nine a.m., therefore having time to eat breakfast with the family.

Mine have always done this, from about the third time I played the game. If something's broken, I've got the same problem. However, mine always do go back to their tombstones, eventually, even if it's nearly noon by the time they do so.

No, this is really new for me.  Mine never ate any food.  I guess they always had stuff to do.  They love the computers and the stereo and this kept them going through the night.  However, now, they stay around day after day.  It gets to be a PITA around the stairs or sometimes going in and out of rooms because they (ghosts and my sims) all do the 'stand, wait and tap foot routine' before moving an inch and then repeating.  I took a break from playing, but I am going to try the reset sim command and see if that does not get them to return to their gravestones.
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 14, 15:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this is really new for me.  Mine never ate any food.  I guess they always had stuff to do.  They love the computers and the stereo and this kept them going through the night.  However, now, they stay around day after day.  It gets to be a PITA around the stairs or sometimes going in and out of rooms because they (ghosts and my sims) all do the 'stand, wait and tap foot routine' before moving an inch and then repeating.  I took a break from playing, but I am going to try the reset sim command and see if that does not get them to return to their gravestones.

Oh. Standing around for days on end doesn't sound like "normal" ghost behavior. I thought you just meant they were staying out into the daylight hours and then returning to their gravestones, eventually. That sounds pretty frustrating, but resetsim should work. It worked when I had a ghost of some townie who croaked on my lot get stuck when his tombstone evaporated. Good luck.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 15, 04:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ResetSim did the trick.  Yay!  I only have ghosts once a day again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: