More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 17:12:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Saving a House
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Saving a House  (Read 2866 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Saving a House
« on: 2006 September 04, 19:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a bit of a problem. My Greek house has become un-enter-able and when I do try and enter it, the game crashes. I currently have about six sims living there.

The house was going fine without any major problems. I tried to place a cc rug from Peggy Sims and it wasn't quite showing up. I deleted it and placed another rug. Soon after that, my game crashed. This isn't completely unusual. It happens occasionally - I think it's a problem with my video card. Usually the game comes back up fine. This time, the game loaded up, but when I went to enter the Greek House, the game crashed. I rebooted the computer and loaded the game up again. This time I entered a normal neighborhood house. PLayed it for a bit and everything was fine. Tried to enter the Greek House and boom. Removed my downloads folder in case that was the problem and still, boom.

Any advice on this one?

Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
Re: Saving a House
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 04, 19:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened to me once, when Nightlife was new on the shelves. The only thing I could think of was that the single sim living in the house had a date scenario going when I first saved and exited. After that, I could never enter the lot again but had to move the sim out (I bulldozed the lot, never tried to move someone else in).

But I've never heard how date scenarios caused any trouble so it was prolly just a coincident.

Sorry I can't be of help, I... I just had to let this off of my chest! Finally!

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 04, 22:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem like that with a regular house, and it turned out to be because I saved and exited the lot while someone was talking on a cell phone.  Check out this thread here.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 05, 04:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bless you, Sweet Camos and JM. That phone thingy, whatever it is or does, did the trick. I put it in, loaded up the house just fine (though it took a little longer than normal). Made sure no one was on the phone, saved, exited, and took the hack back out. Went in and everything is working just fine now.

Whew. I've put a lot of effort into that house and would be heartbroken to lose it. I can almost stomach losing a sim better than that house. So far I've put 23 sims through college in that Greek House. I've almost hit three generations (one of the founders granddaughters are teenagers now).

Anyway... THANK YOU.

KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 05, 04:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd reccomend you grab a copy of both the FFS Lot Debugger and twojeffs' College Adjuster.

Among the many other awesome mods here, those two are very shiny indeed.  They're items in the buy catalogue, and once dropped on a lot, they do ONLY exactly what you ask of them.  Things like nuking broken/missing/hidden mail, bills, airplanes, maids, cellphones, etc can be a godsend.

I once nuked cellphones on a lot before I was aware of the bug that can get them 'stuck' in the first place, and it snarfed something like 87 of the things.  The implications of all that crap data stacking up in your lot is just scary.

Oh, and nuking stuck kickybags too.  God I used to hate those things and absolutely forbade (with hacks) anyone from ever playing it under any circumstances just because they'd get invisible-stuck all over the lot and make certain tiles unable to build on.  Now that I can just nuke 'em at will, I don't care if they starve themselves playing that silly game.  ;p

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 05, 11:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad to be of help!  Smiley

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 05, 14:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd reccomend you grab a copy of both the FFS Lot Debugger and twojeffs' College Adjuster.

I guess I don't understand quite what the Lot Debugger does, or whether it's a permanent thing you use or a temporary thing. This was the first time I've had a problem, and probably speaks to the amount of use the house has had.

KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 05, 17:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot / College debugger are great.  You can buy either or both of them on any given lot which you happen to think may have stuck objects or another of the various problems they can fix, use the functions you need, then delete them off the lot again if you so desire.

They're only as invasive as you actually wish them to be.

Anywas, very glad your lot got cleared up.  This was just a suggestion to check out to prevent future issues.  I periodically check both the tools for stuck cells, bags, etc because the option to nuke those objects only shows up if there's some present.  It's a handy way to ensure you don't have any odd garbage data hiding around a lot before you save.  Smiley

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: