More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 10:36:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Missing Object Warning - CC gone AWOL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing Object Warning - CC gone AWOL  (Read 7775 times)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Missing Object Warning - CC gone AWOL
« on: 2010 October 01, 19:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently decided to start playing TS3 again, so I patched up to the current version of WA with the auto-patchination utility from MTS2, downloaded the latest store stuff and decrapified it with the batch file as per instructions found on MATY before installing it normally with the launcher, updated Awesomemod, and installed some new CC from MTS.

I got this "Missing Object Warning: Some objects could not be loaded and were replaced." Among the missing thus far seem to be the Riverview objects in my neighborhood such as the school and town hall, and some custom hair. This happened in both my saved neighborhoods. I quit without saving, hoping to fix things without having to hunt down and replace all the missing objects myself. Unlike a poster with similar issues, I do not have Ambitions, and I have not yet noticed any missing objects that are part of the game itself. CC is enabled, and I have not deleted any of my CC since I last played.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to isolate what exactly caused the problem since I did all of my updating at once. I will attempt to remove "suspicious" bits of CC to see if it helps, but presumably disabling it all or removing it all won't help me resolve the error of missing objects, since the packages I remove will then trigger the same error. I suspect something may have gotten screwy when the batch file decrapified my save games, or that something went wrong when I patched.

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated.

ETA: I have the Riverview objects in .package format, although Riverview itself seems to be missing when I go to create a new neighborhood. Not sure if that is part of the same problem or not, as it still shows up in the launcher.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 01, 20:40:12 by Ellatrue » Logged

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
Re: Missing Object Warning - CC gone AWOL
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 01, 19:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try moving your CC to My Documents and re-writing your resource.cfg?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 01, 19:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not yet, could that be the problem? I thought we weren't supposed to move our downloads until we installed Ambitions.  Huh

My current resource.cfg is kind of a mess, but I believe it should read things in subfolders, if that's what you are after.
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.dbc
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 01, 19:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GRAH MOAR SO WE CAN HAZ MORE ELLATORTURE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 01, 21:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not yet, could that be the problem? I thought we weren't supposed to move our downloads until we installed Ambitions.  Huh
The patch that came out with Ambitions upgraded your game to use the new Downloads folder, whether you have Ambitions or not.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 01, 22:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks jeromycraig and Grimma, I followed the instructions for moving everything to the new downloads folder and rewriting resource.cfg. This doesn't seem to have fixed the problem, however. I'm still getting the same error when I load the neighborhood.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 October 01, 22:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ye olde methode still works, so shouldn't have been a problem.

Check the launcher to see if you have patched up right to the last available patch.

If your store stuff has been decrapified, so must save games be decrapified also.

That's all I can think of right now.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 October 01, 22:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, if she's playing a saved game, she might not have decrapified Ye Old Shitload of Files within the save and the library and whatnot.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 October 02, 01:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the sr3cBatch.cmd file in the Sims 3 folder which I assume decrapified all the saves and library files, or at any rate it seemed like it was doing that. I've now dragged my saves in groups of 5 files or so over decrapify.exe just to be sure, and it seems to have solved the problem with the missing objects.

Thanks for your help.

« Last Edit: 2010 October 02, 06:45:08 by Ellatrue » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: