More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 02:24:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Convert Sims Files to Sims3Packs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Convert Sims Files to Sims3Packs  (Read 6329 times)
Nickieboy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Convert Sims Files to Sims3Packs
« on: 2011 July 04, 16:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there an external program which will let me convert sims files to sims3packs?  I have tried all of the tips and tricks to get my game to see sim files (which used to work, then stopped...) but I can't get them to show again. 
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Convert Sims Files to Sims3Packs
« Reply #1 on: 2011 July 04, 17:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As in .sim files, for sims, or .package files? Either way no, there is no going back to sims3packs. Framework fail. Are you putting them in the saved sims folder?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Nickieboy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 July 04, 17:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes in both cases.  Sim files being saved in SavedSims folder.  They worked for the longest time; not certain but I think they went back when I downloaded Generations.  I tried all of the tricks I could find, from various forums and posts.  Even to the point of reloading everything!
I knew of and use the Multi-Installer.  I had hoped that there was something that could convert the.sim files to another format, as my game recognizes everything else!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 July 04, 21:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim files being saved in SavedSims folder.  They worked for the longest time; not certain but I think they went back when I downloaded Generations.

Went back to what?  My saved sims are fine after installing Generations.  I don't understand what you are saying.  To be fair, I suspect you don't either.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 July 04, 22:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well maybe try again. Don't use sims3packs with sims because you'll probably end up with lots of extra cc you don't want. Use the mutli installer if you must, just throw everything in your package folder, they still show up that way.

Nickieboy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 July 04, 22:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Multi-Installer to break the sims3packs down.  I agree, I don't like Sims3Packs as every now and then I do come across one of those that will not show in the game either, but everything works when broken down into package files.  Thanks for your assistance, Kissing_toast!
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 July 04, 22:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Multi-Installer to break the sims3packs down.  I agree, I don't like Sims3Packs as every now and then I do come across one of those that will not show in the game either, but everything works when broken down into package files.  Thanks for your assistance, Kissing_toast!
Haven't you tried decrapifying the sims3packs?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 July 04, 22:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a sims3pack installs via the launcher but doesn't show in game it's because the creator used way to much cc.

Nickieboy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 July 04, 22:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks all!  I'm not intending to deflect from my original request by discussing Sims3Packs!  Sims3Packs are easy for me to work with, either actually using the game to load them, or expanding with Multi-Installer.  I just can't get the saved Sims files to show in CAS any more...I've tried removing the folder, recreating it and adding a Saved Sim file of my own creation, as well as actually reloading the game and expansions.  (There is a very good guide in MTS for this entire process, which I have followed).  The Sim files I create now will show in the game as long as I don't shut down.  I understand that most people have had no issues with Generations, but there are some who have, and it is the first time I've not been able to see those particular Sims.
 The Sims that I create now I end up saving by using the Share feature (which is creating them as Sims3Packs...).  It works, but is a little tedious, and doesn't help for those files that I have downloaded from other creators.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: