More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 10:26:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Edit Maxis BV lots?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Edit Maxis BV lots?  (Read 3436 times)
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Edit Maxis BV lots?
« on: 2008 December 26, 02:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed BV.  I'm running all the EPs up until then, and none of the SPs.

I attached Twikki Island to a neighborhood as a vacation destination.  I like the general idea of the lots, but they're too big and laggy.  Unfortunately they seem to work like college dorms where a bunch of build/buy tools are disabled. 

I messed around (as I have a fresh backup of the neighborhood and nothing to lose) and found that "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false" allows me to build normally, but it also irreparably breaks the lot (Sims who arrive there on vacation immediately error and then the game snaps to buy/build mode). 

Sorry if this has been asked before; I feel like there ought to be an obvious answer.  Is there a way to edit these lots without FUBARing them?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Edit Maxis BV lots?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 26, 02:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an obvious question - you did turn boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false off again when you finished, before you saved? I don't know if it's persistent but if your lots are snapping into build mode that's a possibility.

I have changed stuff on vacation lots with no problems.

Also, you're not trying to change them while there's a sim on the lot?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 26, 03:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

D'oh -- I was sure I had, but sure enough the error log shows it was still on.  I had to switch modes (buy to build and back) after entering the cheat so it SHOWED the tools as disabled, and THAT time it worked.

I'm still getting near constant Invalid Stack Errors.  Grrr.  Time to go over the hacks again.

Thanks witch. I feel foolish.  Tongue
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 26, 08:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also a suggestion - if you add the BV subhoods to more than one hood you are going to have to edit those lots all over again. To prevent this, I edit them, put them in the lots bin (renamed so I know they are my edited versions), and drop them back where they were. Then in the other hoods I just bulldoze the originals and replace with my versions.

More F than you
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 26, 10:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep -- that's what I'm doing too.  I did the same thing with a lot of the community and business lots that came with other EPs.  I just don't have the patience to design my own community lots, but I hate the bloaty lag of the original Eaxis ones.  Death to superfluous second and third stories!
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 26, 18:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since this thread is here I am new in BV also. Wanted to see if anyone knows why in my game when I add more water to the beach lot with constrained floor false, the sims act like the water is not there. They walk through the water as if they are still on beach, once they hit where the water line used to be they start to "descend" into the ocean water, then 4 more tiles swim. Is there another cheat you must use when editing the water line?
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 26, 19:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you'd need to move the water portals also. Simlogical has a portal revealer and buyable portals:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=251392
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Voyaging.htm
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: