More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 29, 02:13:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The man of her dreams...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The man of her dreams...  (Read 23169 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
The man of her dreams...
« on: 2005 September 21, 02:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Started a new CAS sim out last night, Vecki Maty (a clone of my most beautiful CAS sim ever - thank you Posie for helping me rescue her!).  She missed the welcome wagon as she headed out to work, but when she got back, had a phone call from Barbara Perry (who?) inviting her out.  Ok.

She goes out with this group, two of which she has a low level of chemistry with.  I pick Paul Simpson to start her off on, as he seems a little more receptive to her.  Seems to be promising.  I send her home as she was getting tired.

That night, as she sleeps, she starts dreaming about some other sim, who wasn't in the group, nor anywhere else while she was out that I could see.  A quick check of her relationships shows she doesn't know him at all, but hearts are flying up around her dream all the same. She doesn't dream about Paul at all.

No matter.  I send her out on a date with Paul, which goes so well they're best friends with a serious crush (not far off of love, either).  She ends the dream date, and then, fate steps in.

Clay Tsang, the man she was dreaming of, walks in to the bar.  Paul has gone off to play poker (still in the same room).  She starts to chat to Clay (with whom she has far better chemistry), and then, swooning, she flirts.

Well, Paul's not happy.  He slaps, shoves, etc, but she argues with him, saying something about goldfish (I don't know, either.  Maybe she doesn't like being spied on).  Paul's furious, she's furious, but she's got Clay's phone number and that's all that matters.

She heads home and works on her skills (knowledge sims, so easy to please).  While she's in the shower, Paul comes by and drops off a huge bunch of roses (while he's furious?), then slips off.  She goes and looks at the flowers, reads the card, and all the while a thought bubble with little flames around Paul's face pops up.  Then she decides she wants a date with Clay!

Funniest thing I've seen since getting Nightlife.

<insert witty comment here>
nothingbutsims
Re: The man of her dreams...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 21, 03:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read these posts and they crack me up because it all reminds me of a soap opera.  They've added so much more emotion and free-will interactions to the game that you can't just ignore what's happening in the background anymore.  Townies aren't just talking to each other and pushing one another on the swings anymore - they flirting and fighting and carrying on like fools.  I love it!  It adds realism to the game.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 21, 04:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love it Vecki!!!!

I am finding that I need to focus on who my sim is attracted too rather than who I want her to be with. And yep, I noticed when I changed Ashley's whatshisfacename 'turn on' to blond hair, he won't leave Heather Huffington alone! I'm trying to get her with Castor Nova but it seems, Ashley wants her more! Theses are the maxis dudes in Uni.

Also, I had Joshua Ruben ask Tiffany Sampson out on a date. After all, Maxis has made him with a crush on her. The date was successful and they fell in love in no time. Thing is, he never calls. He never leaves gifts. She always has to invite him over etc etc. I am beginning to think that this is all one sided. Even though they are in love, he has rejected some of her flirts because he's obviously not in the mood or just doesn't find her attractive. So her and the girls went out for a night of partying and sure enough, she's flirting and carrying on with some punk elder! Yuk! But what can I do? Deny my sim?

Anyways, I haven't decided yet, but I am enjoying the relationships alot more now.

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 21, 04:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MAN! I hope our fe-mail-man comes with my game soon. This sounds like a dream come true, autonomous flirting!
If all goes well I will have the game in my hands when I wake up around 5pm (working nightshift this week and I am ALLOWED to bring my puter and play Sims at work!!!!!)

INTJ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 21, 05:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this still happen even if a sim is already attached? It would become quite the nuisance if sims start flirting with everything that moves regardless of their present state.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 21, 05:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen them swooning over other sims when they're married, but not automonously flirt like this.  Haven't tried it with engaged or going steady yet.

EDIT: and Vecki Maty was rather outgoing, which may have something to do with it.

VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 21, 07:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my strangetown, my General Buzz became completely mad about Kristen Singles, he went to her on his own and flirted like crazy. I didn't do anything, I just couldn't stop them, looks like both were meant to be together. lol I'm currently trying to find out how to get the 3 bolts of chemistry with star signs, turns on and aspirations compatibilty
« Last Edit: 2005 September 21, 07:25:54 by VJay » Logged
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 21, 07:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whats the deal when a lightning bolt is crossed out?

VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 21, 07:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whats the deal when a lightning bolt is crossed out?

I believe it means there is no chemistry between the 2 sims. I've noticed it often happens when one them is Family and the other is Romance.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 21, 07:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm currently trying to find out how to get the 3 bolts of chemistry with star signs, turns on and aspirations compatibilty

Heh, I've got three Sims in my house: Meadow, Dina and Mai. Mai's having a relationship with both Meadow and Dina, while Meadow and Dina are just best friends with each other. Mai has two lightning bolts with Meadow and Dina, and they with her. Meadow and Dina have three lightning bolts with each other, however, but I refuse to let them have a relationship. This results in rather a lot of sexual tension, with Meadow and Dina swooning over each other every time they're near. Luckily they haven't done any autonomous flirting yet. That could result in rather a lot of slapping.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 21, 10:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Castor Nova and Allegra Gorey got to 3 flashes after I changed their turn on/offs to coincide a bit better, although it took a dream date, car woo-hoo and instant pregnancy to do it (it was 2 before the date).  Their star-signs don't match in the game (although they do in real life), but that doesn't seem to be making much difference.  They were only 1 flash before I changed his aspiration from Romance to Family.  They managed all this in less than 24 hours from her being resurrected, although she they were still 100/100 in love even though she'd been dead 8 years. 

I wondered what the cross through the flash meant.  At first I thought it was Sims who my Sim fancied but who didn't fancy them, but there don't seem to be any of those for some reason (pity, would make for some great scenarios).  I thought the ones with nothing were the ones with no chemistry - what are they then, indifferent?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
wyrdwing
Blathering Buffoon

Too lazy to be social

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 21, 11:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I created a character in strangetown and for some reason the only friends she ever brought home were the grunt boys so I made friends with them. But the odd thing was all 3 seemed to like her and they flirted with her on their own accord...  Shocked talk about causing a drama... (that's how i discovered sims could flirt without being told) and that was before NL sims seem to like flirting with everything that moves even if their married in NL.
Ajay loner keeps flirting with jenny smith since she arrived at his door to welcome him to the neighbourhood  Angry that's annoying because his wants are filled with 'chat with, play with, stalk'. (okay not really stalk but he might as well)  Roll Eyes

Well, Paul's not happy. He slaps, shoves, etc, but she argues with him, saying something about goldfish
Cheesy she's saying 'There's more than one fish in the sea'
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 21, 13:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this still happen even if a sim is already attached? It would become quite the nuisance if sims start flirting with everything that moves regardless of their present state.

I'm worried about this too.  I haven't played long enough to know, though.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 21, 13:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm worried about this too.  I haven't played long enough to know, though.

- Gus

Well, I have a married Sim who continues to make eyes at other men (she has the new aspiration - I don't know if that is why).  She keeps dreaming about one of the townies.  When I play another household and go downtown, I find her at the clubs dancing and flirting with other men and hubby is nowhere to be found.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 22, 10:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have these two Family sims who are sooooo in love with each other, it's almost nauseating.  They follow each other around like lost puppies.  When wife was pregnant and she would sleep during the day, hubby would follow her upstairs and relax on the bed with her or if she would sleep on the couch, he would sit there and just look at her and smile - cutest thing, and he wanted to rub her belly all the time.  She is always giving him the "Oooh, your're so hot" touch, which I just crack up over.  They're telling each other dirty jokes all the time and wanting to kiss and flirt, which leads to other things Cheesy.  Once, hubby was taking the trash out and she was on the third floor and went all the way downstairs, while pregnant, just to tell him a joke.

Another time, she was in one of the three bathrooms taking a bath and he was downstairs where there was a bath, and he picked the same bathroom she was in to use the toilet!  And dreams . . . they're always dreaming of each other with the hearts flying out and music playing.  They're just crazy in love.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 22, 16:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I had Joshua Ruben ask Tiffany Sampson out on a date. After all, Maxis has made him with a crush on her. The date was successful and they fell in love in no time. Thing is, he never calls. He never leaves gifts.

I played that Frat house and found Joshua to be a big huge jerk. He's really not very nice at all. Very self-centered and fickle. Tiffany's a nice girl. She'd be better off with his ugly brother, Martin, or with that nice Kevin Baer, who's a sweetheart. I like Kevin cuz he looks like a regular dude. He wants to marry a nice girl ...

BTW, Ashley's tons cuter with a different haircut! I think he looks kind of sleazy with the one Maxis gave him LOL.

And Awwww ... to nothingbutsims! That's so cute. I can't wait to get NL!!! My computer needs to be upgraded first, and then I'm going to take a day off from work and do nothing but play, Baby!

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 22, 19:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that my cutest teen couple, Giles and Samantha, have 3 bolts towards each other. They are both family sims and are now absolutely adorable together. Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out, now that Samantha's sister, Colleen (a popularity sim), has taken a sudden interest in Giles and is now swooning over him. I haven't noticed him swooning over her, though. He's too ga ga over Samantha. She does have 2 bolts on his relationship panel, however.

I love looking in the chemistry panel and finding out who really has the hots for whom. I am often surprised!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 22, 21:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I can make out the sims with no chemistry just don't have a lightning bolt at all.  The sims with crossed out lightning bolts are turned off by that sim, and lightning bolts means there is attraction.  I haven't seen three lightning bolts yet but my new legacy founder was dreaming of this girl he'd never met before, and happened across her at a park while out on a date with his girlfriend.  His girlfriend wasn't too impressed when I had him start flirting with 'the girl of his dreams'.  Cheesy  They are now elders and still can't leave eachother alone, forever flirting, kissing, serenading.  It's really sweet.  His son is doomed to marry an npc he doesn't really like that much hehe.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 22, 23:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I had Joshua Ruben ask Tiffany Sampson out on a date. After all, Maxis has made him with a crush on her. The date was successful and they fell in love in no time. Thing is, he never calls. He never leaves gifts.

I played that Frat house and found Joshua to be a big huge jerk. He's really not very nice at all. Very self-centered and fickle. Tiffany's a nice girl. She'd be better off with his ugly brother, Martin, or with that nice Kevin Baer, who's a sweetheart. I like Kevin cuz he looks like a regular dude. He wants to marry a nice girl ...

BTW, Ashley's tons cuter with a different haircut! I think he looks kind of sleazy with the one Maxis gave him LOL.

And Awwww ... to nothingbutsims! That's so cute. I can't wait to get NL!!! My computer needs to be upgraded first, and then I'm going to take a day off from work and do nothing but play, Baby!

Witches, I am still playing the Frat and Sorority houses and yep, totally agree that Joshua is a jerk. I naturally had Castor and Heather together and Ashley (with a new haircut) just playing the scene. Tiffany is a lovely girl and with a new hair cut, some makeup and a sexy outfit she looks good. Thing is, Castor has 2 bolts for her and only one for Heather. Tiffany also has the two bolts for Castor and none for Josh. So after going on a date, Castor and Tiffany were in love. So I made them come clean last night at a party. Heather was bonking Ashley too by the way and he just adores her. Follows her everywhere. I decided that Heather needed a good kick up the butt as Castor is a nice fellow and so is Tiffany. Well, there was slapping left right and center. Amazingly Tiffany started arguing with Josh after he slapped her. I'm sure she was saying that he treated her like shit and what did he expect.

Castor ended up staying the night with Tiffany and Heather kissed Ashley in front of them to get them back. Kevin just sat there taking it all in. He is a nice fellow but butt ugly. Had him have kids with Brittany in an earlier game and they were ugly ugly children. Nice people though. Kevin at the moment is in love with a townie fromt he matchmaker. She loves him too. Left the spinning machine as a gift god bless her! $3,500 sim dollars! But she doesn't have a phone. But he gets invited out by all these oldies who are friends with her and she is often there too. Will have to use SimPE I think to get her into a house somewhere.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 23, 01:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The social dynamics of this expansion are hilarious.  I had to reinstall fresh a few times(Addicted to hacks)so i made one sim and was playing her in downtown to try to see if it was safe to play the families,and i have to say that there really isn't that much of a story to go back to now.  Don hates Dina,Nina,and Cassie. Cassie hates Nina,Don,and my sim(also Marissa for some reason).  Nina hates Don and my sim and the Countess.  I'm gunna have to fix this in Sim pe before I start playing. I had to take control of so many sims to max their interest because there were fights all over the place.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 23, 01:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a new reinstall with the expansion pack and tossed all my previous families but was surprised to see the "couples" that I had before NL, not like each other under the relationship scheme.

BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 23, 01:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one thing happen when the llama and the cow were in my college girls' house and such (the cow is pesterous and that llama is flirty, argh  Angry ) and when Portulaca invited her boyfriend Pepé over and the llama started doing something lightening-boltish, Pepé became furious and slapped Portulaca even though she did nothing wrong.  Alrighty.   Huh  Then when I tried patching things up by inviting the Matchmaker over to buy a love potion...um...needless to say, when I tried to place the love potion in her inventory, she disappeared from the lot entirely.  I left without saving, and now things are normal again.  *sigh* Doncha love glitches that save the day?  Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 23, 01:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever that cow and Llama appear on my lot, whoever is nearby tells them goodbye. I won't let my sims socialise with them.

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 23, 01:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever that cow and Llama appear on my lot, whoever is nearby tells them goodbye. I won't let my sims socialise with them.

Same.

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 23, 01:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just love 2Jeff's cow head. I always place it on my college lots and have them chase the cow away.

INTJ
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: