More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 17:15:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Life Stories Welcome Package?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Life Stories Welcome Package?  (Read 111381 times)
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Life Stories Welcome Package?
« Reply #50 on: 2007 February 10, 16:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The censor remover package makes the sims flash purple...eewwww    Huh

i copied the file "quaxi_pets_censor_v1.package" from sims2 config to sims life stories config and got flashing purple sims... is there another file i need to copy??
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 February 10, 18:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not using that one, I use someone or other's plain censor.package. It goes into the downloads folder like anything else, and is working perfectly.

The clothing tool works, as well. I'd just forgotten how much of my custom clothes are based off meshes from Uni.  Undecided I need to go digging through my CD drawer and see if I had an old backup disk from before Uni. Or I need to download new clothes that either come with their own mesh or are for the base game only.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 February 10, 19:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hhmm... i going to have to look for one i guess...

ACR works fine though... i'm using rc3a...

and lots of awesome hacks work too... just going to be a matter of going through them and getting rid of the pets hacks
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 February 10, 19:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The plain censor.package is by Simsky. I believe it can be found at sexysims.com.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 February 10, 20:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks notveryawesome..... but the one for NL from simpe website seems to work...

But i can see it's definately going to take some time to go through all my game objects to see what works...

I thought i would just add my game objects dir to life stories to see what happens and game go "crash"... but it's great that so much other CC works
SarahKjrsten
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 February 10, 22:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, you never thought of reinstalling up to OFB and leaving Pets off your lap top?  That way your sisters could still play with the Pets cd and you'd have everything else...

I had, but even then the game had slowed down too much. And since I was going to school abroad, I just left the game for my sisters to try and fiddle with because I knew SLS was going to be 'laptop friendly'. And it has been. It works really great. My only complaint is that I hate the ugly maxis clothes. But I can live with those because the game runs so smoothly.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 February 11, 01:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you considered that the slowdown of TS2 was due to too much custom content, and the reason why LS runs so smoothly is because of the lack of custom content?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 February 11, 02:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was my impression also.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 February 11, 12:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even with a lot of my downloads in the game, it runs better than TS2. But again, this is because EA forces you to live on small lots with no more than 4 Sims and plants that are just decorative- they don't need watered or trimmed or sprout weeds. They also aren't weighing the game down with masses of their own objects. You can achieve most of this in TS2 on your own.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 February 11, 12:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The engine is a lot better though, with the shortcut keys. I hope (but don't expect) EAMaxis rolls this into Seasons or XP-Next.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 February 11, 12:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, find me the name of the imbecile that decided to create YET ANOTHER FUCKING TOP-LEVEL FOLDER IN MY DOCUMENTS for this game. And arrange a ritual flaying.

Either keep your crap in Game\Save, or in My Documents\My Games (as per "Games for Windows"). Heck, even "Documents and Settings\Luser\(Local Settings\)Application Data\Your crap" is better than a top-level folder in My Docs.

I have the following folder now, none of which *I* created:
(folder - game(s) where not clear)
Activision - Gun
EA Games - The Sims 2
Egosoft - X3
Electronic Arts - Life Stories
GTA San Andreas User Files
GTA3 User Files
kudos
My Games - Fable, Pirates, Prey
NFS Carbon
NFS Most Wanted

That makes 12 games, 3 of which get it right. But EA gets the price here for creating two company top-level folders. I bet if I were to install another Activision game, it would go in the existing Activision one, not in in "Activision Games" or whatnot.</rant>
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 February 11, 12:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't the two NFS games made by EA as well? So in reality, hasn't EA made 4 top level folders?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 February 11, 12:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably, but it is beyond stupidity to make a COMPANY NAME folder and then not use it... and invent a new one for the next game. I would grudgingly accept it if it were My Docs\The Sims 2\ and My Docs\The Sims 2 Life Stories since that at least would be a little consistent. Still stupid, but consistent.
I can't wait for the next EA Sims game that drops its saves in My Docs\Electronic Arts Games\. And its sequel, which will use "My Docs\EAŽ Games™\", etc..
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 February 11, 15:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hacks tested with Life Stories

nowhatsthis (JM Pescado)
dontwaveatme (JM Pescado)
clothingtool (but not globals) (JM Pescado)
asprechargetweak (JM Pescado)
manual-navigation (JM Pescado)
novelprogress (JM Pescado)
lesswhiny (JM Pescado)
noroutefail (JM Pescado)
nospoiledfood (Monique)
TeleporterShrub (Inge Jones / Jordi)
NoSpoiledPizzaSlices.package + PizzaBox.package (??)
backtocasual (Squinge)
MaintenanceFreeAquarium_XPTL297 (XPTL)
MQ_More_Fun_Reading (Monique)
RunHereNoActiveCheck (moreawesomethanyou.com Peasantry)
sleep_anytime (modthesims2.com)
breakfast_at_midnight (modthesims2.com)
Fast_skills (omniloth.net/sims/)
WriteNovelsFaster (Squinge)
djsautorecyclingnewspaper (the non-Pets version) (DJS)
InSIMenator (UV) v2.5 OBJ Edition - not fully tested but seems to work okay, allows pregnancy past the limit of 4 sims in family

Other items tested with Life Stories

Default replacement eyes
Default replacement skintones

Hacks found to be NOT COMPATIBLE

Triplets & Quads (TwoJeffs) - reset loop when sim attempts to give birth
Numenor_VincentsSimModder (Numenor) - does not show up in game
LotFullOfSims.package (Jordi) - error/reset when clicking on another sim while on bed
« Last Edit: 2007 February 12, 20:13:14 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 February 11, 16:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either keep your crap in Game\Save, or in My Documents\My Games (as per "Games for Windows"). Heck, even "Documents and Settings\Luser\(Local Settings\)Application Data\Your crap" is better than a top-level folder in My Docs.

Can't you mark some of those folders with the "hidden" attribute? That way you don't have to look at it except whenever you really want to.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 February 11, 20:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you mark some of those folders with the "hidden" attribute? That way you don't have to look at it except whenever you really want to.

That's the thing, though. Right now, I'm sure Jordi is going back and forth a lot, like I am.  Smiley

- Kurt Vonnegut
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 February 11, 20:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes ... i can see the folder setup causing lots of probs...

How do i use cleaninstaller to install a lot into a life stories... or installing walls, floors, etc... by double clicking on a simspack?   Huh

On a happy note..... Life stories doesn't have Pleasure Aspiration......YAY!!!!

Can i reinstall one of the Life stories?  I think i broke Vincent somehow..... and i can't attain his goal of kissing Samantha... and they have kissed over and over and over.... every way possible?
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 February 11, 21:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes ... i can see the folder setup causing lots of probs...

How do i use cleaninstaller to install a lot into a life stories... or installing walls, floors, etc... by double clicking on a simspack?   Huh

On a happy note..... Life stories doesn't have Pleasure Aspiration......YAY!!!!

Can i reinstall one of the Life stories?  I think i broke Vincent somehow..... and i can't attain his goal of kissing Samantha... and they have kissed over and over and over.... every way possible?

Sims2packs don't work for LS, they have their own SimsLSpacks You're better off with just the plain package files, so if nothing else, you can click a Sims2Pack file and then go into your TS2 downloads folder to retrieve it.

Personally, I prefer Pleasure Aspirations to Romance or Popularity. I never play them, if I can help it, and if I marry a townie with those aspirations, it gets changed.

There's probably a way to reset a story. I need to look into it myself, since I missed unlocking something at the end of Vincent's story because of the choice I made.  Cheesy

Today, I am discovering that LS is bad for my TS2 game.  Wink I had to go out searching for clothes that are compatible with LS. And found way too many cute things that I didn't have so of course they will have to go into TS2 too. As if I didn't have enough downloads for TS2.  Cheesy

- Kurt Vonnegut
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 February 11, 22:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scratch, did you read the wording of the goal very carefully? Some of them are kind of badly worded and it turns out they're asking for something other than what you would think they were asking for if you just read the goal very quickly. Is the kiss you are talking about the very first goal you are asked to attain when you enter Vincent's story? In that case, you are being asked to Make Out, despite the fact that Vincent says something like "I should give her a PECK on the cheek," and the pop-up says to Kiss, and nothing about Making Out. Or at least that's what I remember.

Other examples of badly worded goals include the "build a nest" goal for Riley. It asks you to buy three toys, a crib, and a changing table. But you have to jam them into a teeny tiny room, which would make it impossible to actually use the items without the sims screaming about stuff being in their way. If you try to put one of the items outside the room, however, the goal doesn't get satisfied. I put the changing table in the bathroom and the game refused to recognize it. I guess in this case it helps to be a total noob and not know that jamming all those items into one room would be a bad idea. Oh, and let's not forget the Swingset of Love goal...  Roll Eyes

If there's no option to reset a Story, I guess you could always go to the My Documents directory, delete the neighborhood, then go to the Program Files directory and COPY the neighborhood from there. But I would think there should be a reset option somewhere within the game.

To install houses you would need to install them into TS2, run TS2 to get them to go from the Teleport folder to the LotCatalog folder, and then move them to Life Stories LotCatalog folder. I guess.

To install floors and walls, you could get the Multi Sims2Pack Installer instead. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=37577
« Last Edit: 2007 February 11, 22:27:20 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 February 11, 22:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SaraMK... at first i wasn't looking at how the goal was supposed to be attained.... i just kept doing things until something worked but once i got stuck on Vincent's kiss i clicked on the goal and it said "Click on the sim and then choose makeout" or close to that... but that still isn't working... they've done every romantic interaction every way they could and it still isn't being fullfilled... I had them get married... they woohooed a few times... still not fullfiled... poor Vincent's broken

I got stuck on the swing thing too and the makeout in the park cuz it wasn't on the pie menu... but i kept working on the relationship until it popped up and then it was no prob to fill... so that what i was trying with Vincent... maybe i had to work on the relationship or maybe they needed to be married first.... nothing's worked.... I broke him

I did look for an option somewhere to reset the story but didn't see anything

and OMG does riley really want chilluns?? She may have an accident..hhmmm

I'm going to have to do a little organizing so i can install lots into TS2 for LS... sounds fun

and did anybody else notice that Riley is also in the Sim Bin?  Why?  Huh Vincent isn't there... seems like a VBT to me... guaranteed to start fireballs I think??
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 February 11, 22:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the free play neighborhood, yes, Riley is supposed to be in the bin. The neighborhood is simply Riley's Story neighborhood as it was at the beginning of the story.

Fail.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 February 11, 22:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that having Vincent marry Samantha would WAY break the game.  Cheesy

- Kurt Vonnegut
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 February 11, 22:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that having Vincent marry Samantha would WAY break the game.  Cheesy

It does sound like it's broken. The game shouldn't have allowed some of those interractions at all. Undecided

Fail.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 February 11, 23:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does sound like it's broken. The game shouldn't have allowed some of those interractions at all. Undecided

I think the whole game is broken somehow... I deleted N003 (Vincent) and copied the hood from the game dir to the My Docs folder and started Vincent again and i still can't get past that first kiss... did a peck first and then i did a makeout and then i did all the kisses and nothing... gonna try a bit longer but i'm getting picked at this game already   Angry 
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 February 11, 23:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have any hacks installed or anything in a userStartup file, do you?

Fail.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: