More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 02:04:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Life Stories Welcome Package?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Life Stories Welcome Package?  (Read 111394 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Life Stories Welcome Package?
« Reply #175 on: 2007 February 17, 15:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! I changed Riley's appearance.  The first thing I did when I installed the game was try out Shaklin's Universal Dresser.  This is going to sound weird, but it didn't work as far as being able to see her face while you were editing.  So what I did was picked the first default face, and then I went through and made all of the edits that I would initially make to this face structure to get it to look better.  Then usually I'll go and edit more to make the face unique.  But since I couldn't see what I was doing, I just did a few subtle changes.  I had to go back in a couple of time and "chance face from" Riley with the dresser, but it finally worked out!
The ability to change the face structure was there, but you couldn't see the changes you were making because, aside from the modifiers, everything else is completely black.
I've also used seomi's default eyes and a default skintone (which makes no difference unless the sim is naked. Smiley
Here's a pic.  Now, I'll have to figure out how to change the dna so her kids don't end up looking like the old Riley. Smiley

Here's what Shaklin's dresser shows for the modify screen...
« Last Edit: 2007 February 17, 15:13:09 by OpiumGirl » Logged
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: 2007 February 17, 16:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For anyone who cares, I've stripped down the welcome package items to remove all the useless duplicate files and gave them group numbers so they'll play well in the Bins folder for Life Stories. All the textures, models, animations, etc. were already present in the Life Stories Objects0x.package files and it's just wasting memory to have them in your downloads folder. I also added the recolors for the drum set because the textures were already there too.

Extract to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins and they won't show up as custom content.

* LS Welcome Bins.zip (70.04 KB - downloaded 514 times.)

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2007 February 17, 18:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J.M. which  macrostatic is working with LS? I put one in but it didn't work. Huh

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2007 February 17, 18:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J.M. which  macrostatic is working with LS? I put one in but it didn't work. Huh

OFB.

Fail.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2007 February 17, 18:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pulled the Pets one from my TS2 folder, and it seemed to be working ok.  What doesn't work about it?  Huh
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2007 February 17, 19:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pulled the Pets one from my TS2 folder, and it seemed to be working ok.  What doesn't work about it?  Huh

It might be working fine.

The game appears to be running OFB code. It definitely does not have [a lot of?] Pets code because most Pets hacks are not compatible. Some NL hacks are also incompatible while the same hack that's updated for OFB will work. For this reason I tested mostly OFB hacks in my game.

The following hacks work regardless of whether they are Pets or OFB:

nowhatsthis
dontwaveatme
clothingtool (but not globals)
asprechargetweak
manual-navigation
novelprogress
lesswhiny
noroutefail

But I just assumed the reason was that there was little or no code update between OFB and Pets for these ones. They're all relatively simple hacks.

I would keep whatever macro you've got that you feel is working.

Fail.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2007 February 17, 19:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Manual Nav is the first hack I stuck in when I started testing hacks, too. Smiley

Hey SaraMK, any chance that you'll post the LS families and houses once you get the wallpaper/floor issue resolved?

I'm actually in the process of uploading the houses to my simpage. But I will not fix the wall/floor problem, it's just way too much work since the walls/floors don't actually exist in Sims 2 and would need to be converted (although apparently someone is working on that). I just put some random walls and floors in all the houses.

Uploading families isn't safe (installing occupied houses will blow up the game, you know), but I might upload clones of some of the sims, since I've seen a couple of people ask for them. Don't know why anyone would want them, really, since they're just the usual ugly Maxis-made sims.

When you say "simpage" do you mean on the Exchange?  Or your website?

I'm one of those people who would like to have the families in my regular game.  Why?  I don't know, I'm just weird like that.  I have a Maxis neighborhood (thanks to you, since it's Pleasantview, Veronaville, and Strangetown all merged) and I'd like to add these families to that neighborhood.  Or, alternatively, if you were going to actually create a Sims2 neighborhood featuring the Life Stories families, I'd take that too. Smiley
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2007 February 17, 19:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, did I forget to post a link?

I have about half the houses done and up: http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=360528

I have to finish two rather long research papers for my Monday night class this weekend, so I probably won't be doing any more work on this until next week. But I will consider making the entire neighborhoods, with sims, available.

Fail.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2007 February 17, 22:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh that sucks
homework...the most unawesome thing on the planet

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2007 February 18, 03:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see the point in buying something I already have, just because it's got "new features".
This one actually bothers me more than the stuffit packs everyone was up-in-arms about. They've come up with a way to sell the same game-engine again (full price for the same engine with a few days of story play and some new objects and neighborhoods - is there as much there as you even get with an EP? - and a couple of streamlined codes) and then if you want a new story, you can buy the same game yet again because they don't build on each other. Some people are going to pay $30-$50 for the same game 4 or 5 times. It's mind-boggling really.

If they'd give us a story-editor, that'd be worth something, but it's not going to happen. They'd have to fix the problems with importing sims into an existing neighborhood, and that doesn't look likely at all. To have a new story, you hafta have a new game, new neighborhood, or new subhood - so gee, let's just sell the game again then :p

bleh.

Unsouper
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2007 February 18, 07:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm waiting for everything to become available, then I plan to play through the stories using a walk through to tell me what the goals should be. Viola, LS, and free too.

INFP or something
Brenda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2007 February 18, 21:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hope the hackers that make us the objects to help it be more fun make things for this one too... two to work on ..... something to change the life time wants and buyable career objects.

Those hacks would most likely work in the game. Put them in and try. In any case, InSIM works, so you can change LTWs with that. What do you need the college clock for when THERE IS NO COLLEGE?

The things I dont like about the game is .. it dont fill up a screen

You can turn off windowed mode. It's under Options.

I only wanted to be able to use the clock for changing the life time want .. see I dont do alot of hacks . I actually try to play the games as is ... so I dont know of other hacks beside the clock that does this for me....  I am not computer oriented and dont know how to pull things out and what to push to make things larger or better ... thats why I come here to get answers ,, I did however put in the career object into collections and it worked fine..
Thank you for your tips ... I really appreciate it....
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2007 February 18, 21:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use Pescado's lot debugger to change LTWs. It turns out that the college clock and TJ's college adjustor don't work for that in Life Stories (LTW doesn't change when you select the option), and TJ's actually breaks the game.

Lot Debugger: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/hacks/ffsdebugger.zip

Fail.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2007 February 18, 23:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there some special outfit Vincent is supposed to buy for Sacha....     Huh

She tried on a dozen outfits and nothing happened... I finally sent Vincent home because all his motives were bottoming out... and almost everything was full except hygiene when he got to the mall...
I had this problem too.  I quit the community lot without going home and saving because his energy and hunger were in the orange.  I thought it might be Pescado's fasterbuyclothes hack, so I pulled it out, went back in and Vincent was just getting out of the cab at home.  I sent him right back because all his needs were green again, and this time it worked fine.  I didn't even have the choose outfit dialog come up, she chose them all by herself.  So that might be your problem too, or a similar hack.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2007 February 18, 23:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vincent's just supposed to wait while Sacha tries on the clothes. You get some story-based pop-ups. I sent Vinc to the back of the store and called over Sacha, and eventually she started putting them on.

LS Stories are best played with autonomy off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2007 February 18, 23:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't get that the first time.  After I took out fasterbuyclothes, it worked the way it was supposed to.  I just had Vince sit on the sofa and the dialog boxes popped up like they should.  So I know in the first case it was a hack conflict.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: 2007 February 20, 08:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh... would someone please email me the houses... I think you can find the email addy in my profile.  I'll put them up on my '4shared' account for folks to download so they don't keep going poof.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: