More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 17:41:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Runaway Cat found by Social Bunny
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Runaway Cat found by Social Bunny  (Read 4329 times)
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Runaway Cat found by Social Bunny
« on: 2007 March 07, 16:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone want to take a break from Seasons and help me with Pets, which I've only recently installed?  Is this normal weirdness, or is something borken?

A cat ran away.  It was wearing a collar, and I called to report it missing.  The following day, I got a phone call saying it had been found, did I want it brought back?  I answered yes and the caller said he would bring it right over.  However, the caller was the Social Bunny and the cat never showed up. 

The other thing that may be related is that it ran away while an elder was dying.  But I didn't see any of that happen because I was upstairs watching a baby transition to toddler, also happening at the same time.  (It was an eventful moment...)  Oh yeah, this is the Goth house.  I'm playing in a freshly generated Pleasantview for now, before I put my custom neighborhood back in.

It's been another day now, and all of the cat's needs are in the red.  I tried turning on the pet commands and telling it to Go Here, but that didn't help.  I haven't tried the Pet Teleporter yet, would that do any good?

I have Uni, NL, OFB, and Pets.  I have recent downloads of the Pets Director's Cuts from JM and TwoJeffs, although I didn't install every hack.  I do NOT have the Kitten Killer, or any of its relatives.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Runaway Cat found by Social Bunny
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 07, 16:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit2: And sorry for being completely useless.

LOL!

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 07, 17:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i know theres a option in the lot debugger to retrieve lost sim, Im not sure if theres a option for pets.. might be worth while having a look though.

As corky said, it does sound a bit broken  Undecided

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 07, 17:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I accidentally solved the runaway pet problem by moving a family out of a house and back in.  The cat in question was with the family again but was still flagged as being a runaway.  It's odd but hey.  What's even more strange is the social bunny thing... Undecided

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 07, 21:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably the same sort of glitch that allowed the gypsy to set your sim up with a social worker or repoman.

Fail.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 08, 15:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: I got carried away in reminiscing that I didn't actually finish your post. The fact that the Social Bunny apparently put your cat in a hole and made it put the lotion in the basket sounds to me like you might be dealing with something more sinister than just stupid character randomization. I hope someone can get it worked out for you fast.
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 08, 16:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the cat is on the lot, which is resulting in need decay.  Needs become static when pets run away.

The Social Bunny isn't allowed to appear on lots like a visitor, so instead of it "appearing" the cat is stuck lurking off-world.  Force an error on it by using FFS Lot Debugger...Force Errors...On Off-World.

That might fix it, but don't take my word for it.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 08, 17:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: I got carried away in reminiscing that I didn't actually finish your post. The fact that the Social Bunny apparently put your cat in a hole and made it put the lotion in the basket sounds to me like you might be dealing with something more sinister than just stupid character randomization. I hope someone can get it worked out for you fast.
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Fava beans and a nice chianti anyone?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 08, 18:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: 

1. I tried the Lot Debugger and the Retrieve Missing Sim option came up, but when I clicked it, it didn't do anything.  I tried Christianluv's pet teleporter, but the cat didn't appear on the list of available pets. 

2. Then I went to a different lot and used the pet teleporter to teleport it in there.  They did the check collar and call owner routine.  The owner came over to get it, but I think an interaction dropped out of queue due to a blocked path, and the owner started wandering around doing typical visiting sims kinds of stuff.  I thought maybe I needed to say goodbye to the owner, but she left without taking the cat  I tried to call her again, but the option wasn't available.

3. I went to a third house and teleported the cat in there, hoping they would be able to call her, but the option wasn't available there, either.

4. So I used the Move In option of the pet teleporter to move the cat into that house.  That seemed to work OK, and it seems to be behaving normally there.  Except...its icon still says Ran Away, even after three simdays. 

Hmm, I forgot to go back to the original household and see if its icon was gone from there.  Maybe I need to do that so everything can clear.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: