More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 18:04:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Celebrations confusion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Celebrations confusion  (Read 13322 times)
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Celebrations confusion
« on: 2007 April 04, 20:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed Celebrations Stuff Pack.  Instead of running the celebrations exe and using it's cd, like I expected, it's telling me to run Seasons.  The celebrations stuff is all there in the game.  Is the game running with Seasons objects.package or celebrations objects.package? Should celebrations be installed before pets and seasons for proper 100% functionality?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Celebrations confusion
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 04, 20:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. But force an error on something once it loads and let me know what it says. Doesn't matter what it is, just pick anything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 04, 20:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's the second stuff pack that didn't need the cd to run. it's normal.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 04, 20:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2 out of 4 not needing the CD doesn't exactly equal normal,  Cheesy  especially since the other one was the first one. (and/or last one, since they are greedy SOB's who sold it to us twice)

I hadn't installed it yet partially because I also hadn't patched Seasons yet and expected it would use the Celebrity exe.  Smiley But OTOH,  if I had, and it asked for the Seaons CD, I'd have just considered it a lucky break, not gotten worried.  Grin

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 04, 20:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. But force an error on something once it loads and let me know what it says. Doesn't matter what it is, just pick anything.

Sorry for being a noob in this area.  I've forced an error on two objects. A celebration chair, and a pre celebration chair.  Do you just need what it says in the error dialog that comes up? Or do you need the entire log text file for the object/s?  If you just need the info in the dialog... the error it gave was: Hit Break Point Primitive.   That was for both chairs.

Edit:  Here are the two error logs.

« Last Edit: 2007 April 05, 08:42:20 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 04, 20:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd assume he needs the whole log.

Anyway, this is good news.  This makes celebrations worth stealing. Cheesy

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 04, 21:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, but do you have bonus?

Sorry.

No I'm not.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 04, 22:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so my understanding of the "Dress your bridesmaid!" thing is that you have to go round to each house, have the bridesmaid buy the dress and set it as formal for them to show up at the wedding matching?

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 04, 22:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so my understanding of the "Dress your bridesmaid!" thing is that you have to go round to each house, have the bridesmaid buy the dress and set it as formal for them to show up at the wedding matching?
Ayup.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 04, 23:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed Celebrations Stuff Pack.  Instead of running the celebrations exe and using it's cd, like I expected, it's telling me to run Seasons.  The celebrations stuff is all there in the game.  Is the game running with Seasons objects.package or celebrations objects.package? Should celebrations be installed before pets and seasons for proper 100% functionality?
Hmm, this is most puzzling. Celebration crap appears to use a higher bit than Seasons, yet still runs the Seasons executable...this would seem impossible, since it would mean all the celebrations-stuff crap ALREADY EXISTED in Seasons....does this thing introduce any new objects?

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 04, 23:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ayup.

Well thats nothing new. It would be nice if you could change all their bridemaids dresses on the lot that the wedding is taking place without having to make each person kinda like making a uniform in OFB.

ISFJ
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 04, 23:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed it and it told me to run the pets cuz i haven't installed seasons yet.... and just did some building on a community lot and haven't seen any new objects yet...   Tongue
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 05, 00:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, this is most puzzling. Celebration crap appears to use a higher bit than Seasons, yet still runs the Seasons executable...this would seem impossible, since it would mean all the celebrations-stuff crap ALREADY EXISTED in Seasons....does this thing introduce any new objects?

For the two logs I posted... ObjectError_N001_t15924.txt is a pre-celebration chair.  The other log ObjectError_N001_t16049.txt is a new balloon chair that comes with celebrations.  By "new objects" i'm guessing you mean with new interactions etc introduced to the game...It looks like all the objects are just new meshes for existing things.  New chairs, tables, lights, etc.   There are 3 new birthday cakes though, and in the catalog description for them, after the name of the cake, in brackets it says (Age++). I'm not sure what that means.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 05, 00:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that Celebration Stuff somehow manages to activate a semi-frankenbuild (although how it patches into Seasons or Pets I'm not sure, all other Sims2 executables are stopped). I know for a fact that Seasons is reading from the Celebration directory (the music on the splash screen has changed to the Celebration music, but the rest of the UI hasn't changed) .

From a brief look over the directory structure, could it be something to do with the new StuffPack directory in TSData\Res? It would appear to be the only major difference between this and the other SPs, and there's a small file in there (SPObjects.package, attached to this post) which could act as a patch for the Seasons/Pets objects.package.

* SPObjects.zip (390.07 KB - downloaded 170 times.)

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 05, 00:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the two logs I posted... ObjectError_N001_t15924.txt is a pre-celebration chair.  The other log ObjectError_N001_t16049.txt is a new balloon chair that comes with celebrations.  By "new objects" i'm guessing you mean with new interactions etc introduced to the game...It looks like all the objects are just new meshes for existing things.  New chairs, tables, lights, etc.   There are 3 new birthday cakes though, and in the catalog description for them, after the name of the cake, in brackets it says (Age++). I'm not sure what that means.

Age++ likely means "Makes your sim go up an age group", the standard birthday cake function  Tongue

INFP or something
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 05, 00:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, does CSP have its own executable if you don't patch Seasons, or does it work like the HHS?

bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 05, 01:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the BBS it's because of the patches. The recent Pets and Seasons patches make their respective executables dated newer than the Celebration Stuff executable and thus the game thinks they are the newest expansion and forces you to run one of those (Seasons if you have it and patched otherwise Pets if you don't have Seasons but patched via the second Pets patch).

If you applied neither patch, then the Celebration Stuff exe should run.

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=8e42ec2082f6750c3377144f9ef0893c&directoryID=169

It forced me to patch Pets... Undecided  It installed the patch right after installing the stuff. 

I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 05, 01:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the BBS it's because of the patches. The recent Pets and Seasons patches make their respective executables dated newer than the Celebration Stuff executable and thus the game thinks they are the newest expansion and forces you to run one of those (Seasons if you have it and patched otherwise Pets if you don't have Seasons but patched via the second Pets patch).

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=8e42ec2082f6750c3377144f9ef0893c&directoryID=169

It forced me to patch Pets... Undecided  It installed the patch right after installing the stuff. 

That's new, usually it just forces you to patch the base game.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 05, 03:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what the info may or may not be worth...

I have ALL the EPs and Stuff packs, and I've never patched a thing except what might have come on a previous EP or Stuff pack, though I'm pretty darn sure one has never come with a patch before.

I installed Celebration Stuff. It did the usual "We will now check to make sure your Sims installation is up to date." And then it returned up-to-date. THEN it demanded that I patch Pets, which I let it do...

After all that, it demanded I use the Seasons disk to run.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 05, 05:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't patched Seasons, and Celebration is requiring me to run the Seasons exe.

On a related note, has anyone gotten the Celebration Stuff Bodyshop executable to run? It's not running for me. No error message or anything it just tries to run, shows up in the task manager for a split second if I try to run it, then closes out and disappears.

I don't think there's any real difference but I'm having to use the Seasons Bodyshop.

Same here.  After a half dozen tries I deleted the shortcut I'd made and went back to the Seasons one.  But then, not long after that I realized I needed to use the Seasons exe for the game, too.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 05, 05:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's just complete crap, because I 'aquired' a copy and it does exactly the same thing (runs from Seasons) in my game - and I definately haven't inflicted either the Pets or Seasons patches on my game.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 05, 08:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was already doing that anyway for the big formal fluffy weddings.  What's supposed to be the difference?  Do they line up or something?

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 05, 08:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If somebody is running Celebration Crap with Seasons, buy a Celebrations-Crap item and force an error on it. Attach log.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 05, 09:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If somebody is running Celebration Crap with Seasons, buy a Celebrations-Crap item and force an error on it. Attach log.

Here ya go.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 05, 10:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here's one on the party balloon arch in my game in case it makes any difference.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: