More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 08:44:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The cheesecake thing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The cheesecake thing  (Read 30452 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: The cheesecake thing
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 13, 20:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JESUS H CHRIST!

I'm curious-what does the 'H' stand for?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 13, 21:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always assumed it stood for "Holy" but I am kinda of partial to "Harold" as well.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 13, 21:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Harold Cheesy *giggle*

Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 13, 21:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't in fact. I'm the lucky owner of a very powerful Powermac. But I see I am wromg on the cheesecake thing
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 13, 21:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeffs and Pescado actually looked at the code. I trust what they say more than the umpteeth Joe Blow saying 'My sim ate pinapple upside down cake and had twins!'.

I know TJ and JMP looked at the code and I do trust them as most awesome programmers and modders but sometimes even modders can be wrong.  I am going to try the cheesecake thing one more time (without the cheesecake fix). If I get twins again I will most likely think that cheesecake = twins. Yes I know it could be coincidence but two in a row would be a bit of a stretch for me. Not to diminish any awesomeness of the most awesome though.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 13, 21:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either way, I would rather have 50% chance than 100% O_o

And twins are a pain in the neck. I thought getting pregnant right after giving birth was bad (trying to care for an infant while running to the bathroom and hurling), my poor simmies that had the twins haven't been able to open their shop since they gave birth! Poor things.

Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 13, 21:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM?

Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 13, 21:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM?

He already answered your question, as did Motoki, twojeffs (in his fix thread), and many others.

Please stop whining.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 13, 21:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes and go back to the BBS or at least Retardoland while you're at it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 13, 22:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread belongs in Retardoland.  I've noticed that Pescado has been willing to move threads that were in inappropriate areas before.  Threads about Bella or which perpetuate myths about twins or anything else that has been well-explored really belong there.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 13, 22:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nobody in here is going to coddle you since you clearly lack in the skills of "Reading Comprehension" and "Basic Common Sense". 
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 13, 22:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeffs and Pescado actually looked at the code. I trust what they say more than the umpteeth Joe Blow saying 'My sim ate pinapple upside down cake and had twins!'.

I know TJ and JMP looked at the code and I do trust them as most awesome programmers and modders but sometimes even modders can be wrong.  I am going to try the cheesecake thing one more time (without the cheesecake fix). If I get twins again I will most likely think that cheesecake = twins. Yes I know it could be coincidence but two in a row would be a bit of a stretch for me. Not to diminish any awesomeness of the most awesome though.

Not to be picky...  but to really test this properly you would need to get a sim pregnant and then save...  eat cheesecake and see if it is twins...  then quit without saving and see if it is still twins without eating the cheesecake.

One more coincidence is not going to be proof that it works - if it was going to be twins anyway, you've wasted your time!

But seriously, these are the people we trust to fix our games - if you don't believe them when they say "cheesecake is broken", how can you really bring yourselves to believe them on anything else?

And Avie, grow a brain!
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 13, 22:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more coincidence is not going to be proof that it works - if it was going to be twins anyway, you've wasted your time!

But seriously, these are the people we trust to fix our games - if you don't believe them when they say "cheesecake is broken", how can you really bring yourselves to believe them on anything else?

And Avie, grow a brain!

Sure it wouldn't be "proof." I can't really "prove" this to anyone else anyway. However if I had a string of twins in a row after eating cheesecake, I would lean heavily on the side that cheesecake = twins. I still want to know if anyone has had their Sim eat cheesecake while pregnant and NOT had twins.

I do trust the programming skills of the Awesome clan; that fact is not under dispute. However I do believe even those who are most awesome can, on that most undeniably rare of occasions, make the occasional error.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 13, 22:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's always possible it's broken in some cds and not others. My copy was a preorder, maybe different versions of the code was sent out?

Either way I would rather cheesecake = twins 50% of the time, than 100%

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 13, 22:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes its best to keep it to yourself...and not argue with the devouted or devoutees.

But I have to wonder aloud for a minute. I have noticed that some people have repeated bugs that others do not. Case in point, in the last EP many people could no longer use the potty training trick of canceling out the action, many people including myself could. Now with this EP some people are reporting they can no longer do it (me) and some are reporting that they still can.

Some people report bugs that cant be reproduced by modders, but clearly they have an issue. I think the install is just plain whacky. I experienced this with the base game repeatedly, it took serveral tries to get a fully working install without bugginess. Once I got that I never experienced the bugs others complained about, mostly the same with UNI and Nightlife - I just got lucky I guess that they installed correctly. I am not sure if OFB installed cleanly yet or not, it would suck if it didnt and I had to start over because TS2 base was a bitch to get installed proper.

Anyway I will be doing extensive cheesecake testing the next few days - at least until I get a broken result. I suppose I should use a test hood since if I dont get a broken result right away I will end up with more twins than I want. Maybe I should test all the hoods plus a custom to see if there is something there...hmmm.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 13, 23:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do know what you mean about bug inconsistancies. I don't get a lot of bugs that people complain about, but I wipe out my neighborhoods and start over fairly frequently. So I have never gotten anywhere close to a BFBVFS.

But it is like that for most games though. People complain about bugs in KOTOR and KOTOR II and I have only experienced ONE.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 13, 23:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's always possible it's broken in some cds and not others. My copy was a preorder, maybe different versions of the code was sent out?

Heh. You have a very interesting view of gold masters....

No. Maybe two different releases are different (TS2 CD and TS2 DVD), but preorders are identical to normal copies.

Maxis simply messed up the code, and anyone getting twins after cheesecake is just lucky.

As for KOTOR2: the entire real ending is broken. I'd consider that a huge bug. Sure a replacement was hastily added in, but check the modders' work for the real ending (which they fixed). KOTOR2 is a good example of a game which was released a few weeks (at least) too soon.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 13, 23:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was a thought.  Tongue I have the Sims 2 DVD, though, maybe that makes a difference?

KOTOR II was released a few MONTHS too soon. I am eagerly awaiting Team Gizka to finish restoring the lost content. Even if it means Atton may die.  Cry

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 13, 23:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm saying is that the cheesecake thing can only be proved in one way...

if you take a pregnancy that is KNOWN to be single (ie, get a sim pregnant, and play til birth), restore back to a point in the same pregnancy, pre-birth, eat cheesecake and then see if the result of the pregnancy differs...

it's not that difficult!  Use the tombstone of L&D to speed the pregnancy, and just save when the sim is pregnant and quit without saving to return to the same point.

Am I the only person who understands scientific method?  You can't prove it by any number of pregnancies that may be twins after the cheesecake without first determining if that would have been a single birth without cheesecake.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 13, 23:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shaklin's medicine cabinet is a reliable reporter on the number of babies expected.

And wouldn't Brandi Broke be the ideal test case (as mentioned elsewhere)? She always spawns a single son.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 13, 23:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would any self-pollinated sim (like Brandi) birth a single child of the opposite gender? Now you've got me curious and my Brandi had her son ages ago.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 13, 23:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe OFB just upped the chances of twins, period.

Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2006 March 14, 00:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would any self-pollinated sim (like Brandi) birth a single child of the opposite gender? Now you've got me curious and my Brandi had her son ages ago.

It used to be a guarantee that the child would be opposite gender but otherwise identical to the mother.  I think they did something to alter it, but I'm not sure.  I know the same thing would happen if the other parent died and their tombstone was deleted before the birth happened, so maybe that's what they fixed.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 March 14, 02:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe OFB just upped the chances of twins, period.

Yeah and maybe I have pigs coming out of my ass.

I swear to Christ I could STRANGLE Maxis for putting this 'feature' in! It took MONTHS for all the twins rumors and inane gibber jabber about it all over every god damned sims board to die down and they just went and stirred the shit up all over again.  Angry

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 March 14, 02:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted this on TJ's Cheesecake thread, but will repost it here:

I did some preliminary testing tonight, but I don't know how much further I have to go with it.  I had the 50% version of this mod installed, but took it out of my downloads for this testing.  I used the tombstone of L&D to to get a sim pregnant, saved the game, used speed up my pregnancy to make her give birth, had a single baby.  Exited without saving, reentered the lot.  My sim is still pregnant with 1 single baby.  She ate cheesecake, gave birth to twins.  Repeated this 6 more times, so far, all births with eating cheesecake were twins, those without cheesecake were singletons.  The single birth pregnancy changed to twins, seeminly because of eating cheesecake, as that's all she did between.  It seems to me, that because the pregnancy was originally a singleton, and changed to being twins after eating cheesecake, that it does indeed have some effect.  I have not tested its effect before getting the sim pregnant, although, I doubt that will have any effect at all.

I don't report this as scientific, nor is it concrete evidence, but merely some preliminary testing.  I think the fact that the pregnancy itself changed after eating the cheesecake says it must have some effect.

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: