More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 20:51:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Horrible camera angle while on downtown lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Horrible camera angle while on downtown lots  (Read 12359 times)
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Horrible camera angle while on downtown lots
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 22, 16:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to get out of it by hitting Tab again, but it sounds like you are having more serious problems with this.  The funny noise could be a coincidence - have you checked the hardware lately?  Perhaps one of the fans is on it's way out or is in dire need of cleaning, check your video card and it's fan (if it has one) is functioning correctly too.  An ingame bug should not cause any hardware malfunction like that, I don't like the sound of the noise you described - get it checked over just in case.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 22, 17:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhh no it was just when I pressed the buttons on the keyboard, you know when it shouts at you like "why are you pressing buttons, they will achieve nothing?!" I regularly climb inside my PC, all is well with it.

At FM I can get out by hitting tab, the camera is where I left it in the normal view. The P'view crash happened once, I've not tried it again. Thanks Smiley

A proud thread pirate.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 22, 17:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhh no it was just when I pressed the buttons on the keyboard, you know when it shouts at you like "why are you pressing buttons, they will achieve nothing?!" I regularly climb inside my PC, all is well with it.

Well in that case I'll shut up now  Cheesy
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 22, 17:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No no no, I do appreciate the suggestions Smiley I'll try and get screenshots today or tomorrow, try and see what happens with P'vew as well.

A proud thread pirate.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 23, 05:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh...NWN is a crappy game that unfortunately succeeded the Baldur's Gate & Icewind Dale masterpieces!

I came late to rpg's - in fact nwn is the first one I got hooked on.* Someone offered me Baldur's Gate not so long ago, maybe I should give it a go. Does it run in winxp?

* till I got seriously sick of slugging endless zombies in endless dungeons. My poor character is still stuck somewhere in a catacomb in the middle of a desert.

Anyways (ranting over), how do you make camera angles selectable?

Find an angle you want, then 'ctrl 4'. To return to that same angle later it's 'shift 4'
You can do 4 through 9, giving 6 preset camera angles. Smiley

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 23, 08:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Find an angle you want, then 'ctrl 4'. To return to that same angle later it's 'shift 4'
You can also just press the number without shift.  The shift button just makes your view jump directly to the spot instead of the effect of your camera panning to that view.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 23, 08:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also just press the number without shift.  The shift button just makes your view jump directly to the spot instead of the effect of your camera panning to that view.

Wicked! I didn't know about panning, must try. Thanks.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 23, 12:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also just press the number without shift. The shift button just makes your view jump directly to the spot instead of the effect of your camera panning to that view.
'k, very Age of Empires-like, hehe! Thanx ppl!
I haven't tried Baldur's Gate on WinXP, played it under Win98, only Icewind Dale and it worked all right. I haven't played BG for AGES!

Let the Beast inside you free!
nothingbutsims
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 23, 15:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime I take my Sims to a downtown lot, I have this horrible camera angle - I am looking down at the action.  This sucks!  Anyone know why and how I can change it to the normal angle?

Just for grins, I submitted this same question (not quite exactly the same words though) via email to the EA Tech Support people to see what kind of "help" I would get - they sent me a canned response, referring me to the BBS for game hints and tips. Wink
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: