More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 07:02:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sorting downloads
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sorting downloads  (Read 4577 times)
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Sorting downloads
« on: 2005 July 25, 03:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone please briefly list, what folders I can create within my "downloads" folder to sort out my objects, hair, clothes, hacks etc

Thankin you in advance.

S.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Sorting downloads
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 25, 03:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, everything but genetics and clothes have a sub-folder. You know, I have a downloadsbuild, downloadsfurniture, downloadsJM, downloadsTJ, etc., etc., and it works just fine.

I like it better with the subfolders, it makes it easier (and a lot faster) for the CleanInstaller to scan the individual folders instead of one huge downloads folder.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 25, 07:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Daisy has a thread about this on MTS2 that is really helpful but basically what the other poster said, everything can do into subfolders but clothes, makeup, genetics.  Meshes can go into subfolders.  When I download a sim, I use clean installer to add the genetic parts I want into downloads and the sim itself into Saved Sims.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 25, 11:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a folder for walls and floors, and everything in that is subdivided into site or creator, then into individual folders for sets or individual files, which actually helps them show up together in the game.

Apart from that, at present all my objects are stored in folders according to site, and my hacks and hacked objects in one hacks folder.  I do have plans to move meshes into individual files, but haven't got round to doing that.  The only genetics I keep in Downloads now are the huge skin files, all the rest go into Saved Sims with makeup and clothes.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: