More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 10:16:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Was he supposed to take the baby to work?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Was he supposed to take the baby to work?  (Read 15804 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Was he supposed to take the baby to work?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 24, 01:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you know you can get hedges at Meshkiste that are cloned from the bonsai tree, and you can stick them in corners where the gardener can't reach them?

Oh, I use the flamingo (only the contentment one) because that's how I like to play my game - to me it's totally unrealistic having sims dropping dead from exhaustion and hunger at 4.pm!  I'd ideally prefer a mod which simply spun out the day better, so sims get tired at BEDTIME and hungry at MEALTIMES, but I don't actually know of one.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 24, 01:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I never said anything about how you shouldn't use the flamingo of contentment.  I accept that is how you want to play your game.  I choose to play mine a different way.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 24, 01:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PAX!  I didn't mean to start an argument! Sad

Zephyr Zodiac
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 24, 03:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the not dropping baby hack on floor here? I got the no baby harssessment hack but my baby still got dropped to the floor.

And if the baby is picked up while it was zzz, I got those silly zzz following the baby for the rest of the day.

Thks for heads up on the sitter mod. I am going to pick that up!  Roll Eyes

Go Away
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 24, 04:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the not dropping baby hack on floor here? I got the no baby harssessment hack but my baby still got dropped to the floor.

And if the baby is picked up while it was zzz, I got those silly zzz following the baby for the rest of the day.

Thks for heads up on the sitter mod. I am going to pick that up!  Roll Eyes
The first hack is by JM, and you can find it here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/hacks/nodroptiredbaby.zip

He doesn't actually have threads up for all of his mods since the move from VS, but a couple of people have posted descriptions somewhere...

The sitter mod by Dizzy is at MTS2 or VS.  You might want to try MTS2 because VS is so sllooooow these days.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86894
http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=2093

EDIT:  Ah, here it is:  Hack Directory - All Hacks
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 24, 04:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

/random question and rant

How come the toddlers can play with all the toys after their "fun" is totally maxed Except for the stuffed animals?  Angry

a toddler will be playing with a stuffed animal and just before "fun" maxes, blink, no more playing with the adorable stuffed animals, lets go play with any of the other toys, including the toys in the toy box!

I have lots of really cute stuffed animals for my toddlers and children but they don't get played with  Cry

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 24, 05:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put it near the potty!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 24, 05:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you lost me there ZephyrZodiac.    Does the fun meter go down when they use the potty?    I have to admit I have never noticed.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 24, 05:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put it near the potty!

tried that and it only worked once  and it didn't last long because once her fun was almost maxed she went off to play with some other toy.

Most of my toddlers have their fun maxed almost all the time from playing with the other toys *sigh*  I wish I could find a hack that would let them keep playing with the stuffed animals, with maxed fun, like they can do with all the other toys.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 24, 06:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it would be possible to change the attraction to the stuffed toys in simPe. If this is a dumb question then ingnore because I am simpe dumb.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 24, 07:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

gypsylady, I'm not sure  Sad   I only managed to make all the stuffed animals "no talk through" because I was given directions *laughs*
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 24, 07:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I was able to do that too,with the same instructions.I can do a few things in Simpe but I wouldn't even no where to begin to see about changeing the attraction thingy in a package file. Grin
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 24, 07:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once saw Daniel Pleasant pee himself while holding his toddler and laughed my ass off.  I hadn't realized they could still do that while holding a baby or toddler.  I actually took a picture of it.

http://the-isz.com/pee.jpg
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 24, 07:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you want them to play with the stuffed animal anyway? While they are playing, they are not skilling!

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 24, 08:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While they are playing, they are not skilling!

thats the point! I'm tired of seeing the same old skilling toys and I don't want all my sims to max out all their skills.

After I downloaded a bunch of nice stuffed animals I discovered, they won't play with the damn things! *pouts*
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 24, 11:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, put the toddler to bed with fun NOT maxed out.  Put the soft toy near the potty.  Put all other toys downstairs.  Use Inge's cribgetout hack.  toddler wakes up, fun still lowish.  Toddler uses potty.  Toddler plays with teddy.  My toddlers play with the teddy.  Some of my kids play with the teddy in preference to the dolls' house.  It's whichever is nearest.

Zephyr Zodiac
JavaChild
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 24, 15:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only managed to make all the stuffed animals "no talk through" because I was given directions *laughs*

Where could one find these directions? Smiley
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 24, 17:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find the directions about in the middle of this thread here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1215.0

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 24, 17:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just shows there are times when having one of gnomon's flamingos on your lot is a godsend!  My sim babies never ever need a nappy change!

o.o I want that flamingo!

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 24, 18:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get them at Simlogical.  The flamingo of contentment doesn't interfere with potty training, but the flamingo of happiness would.

Zephyr Zodiac
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 24, 18:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

0.o I can't believe I never noticed them before.

Edit: For the love of me, I can't find those flamingo's on the site? Could you give a link to a stupid person like I?
« Last Edit: 2006 February 24, 18:21:48 by ThyGuy » Logged

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 24, 18:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't give a specific page link, I'm afraid.  But just click Downloads, then click the livin-it-up button, and follw your nose!  They're all there (but beware flamingo of decay, I find it doesn't work correctly any more although it's ok for a quick fix when you don't have time for your sim to spend hours on the phone.

Zephyr Zodiac
HeidiGrrrl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 March 01, 09:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had babies getting stuck to the parents several times now.  Of course, I've had a lot of babies being born in this neighborhood lately since all my sim kids graduated from college and got married.  But another glitch I've noticed that is starting to annoy me is when sims get a book out of the book case and somehow their arm gets stuck straight out with the hand in a curve as if they are still holding the book.  This makes for some very strange animations until somehow it gets reset.  If it bugs me enough, I'll go ahead and force an error on them to reset them.  I also get a lot of sims with their eyebrows stuck when they are dancing and their arms stuck bent at the elbow from playing chess.  It all seems to be cosmetic and doesn't hurt anything, but it is very annoying and messes up my pictures.  Sure it makes for some goofy pics, but then I want to take a picture of my sim teaching her child to talk, and she looks weird clapping one hand against the air.  Tongue

I get that, too. Like their arms will be pointing out behind them.  They look really goofy. It's come in handy sometimes, though. I would get plates stuck in Uni, and no one could clean them up, and of course you can't delete them. I'd pick them up, and I could sometimes get them to 'stick' to a person just getting up out of a chair, and then when they straighten up, it disappears.

BTW...Hi, all.   Smiley  New here.  One of those 'strong, silent' types that reads all the posts for years, but rarely posts anything on any of the sites I frequent.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: