More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 04:35:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  error object message
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: error object message  (Read 4844 times)
shortcakes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
error object message
« on: 2006 June 11, 05:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have looked, but can't find it or overlooked it but I thought I seen something about a hack for a window that pops up while playing the game something about an error object. Also I  can't see any of my clothes that I dl. All objects that I dl are there and I have cc enabled and I have meshes for the ones I need them for. So if someone I would be so grateful. I had to redl my game on a new pc because my oldone died. Thanks in advance!!!  Shortcakes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: error object message
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 11, 06:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are getting an error message for an object, I think you must have boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true running, and if you are getting the message, you should really do something about it.

You don't say which expansions packs you have, but if you have only University, then your clothing files and all other skin files should be kept loose in your Downloads folder.  If you have Nightlife, then they can be kept in separate folders within the Downloads folder.  If they still are not showing although you have done everything correctly, maybe you could check in game to see if you have any copies of a Maxis original.  If you find you have several copies of a Maxis original, then the game is just not generating the new thumbnails, but the clothing will show on your sim in CAS and work correctly.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 11, 12:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shortcakes, does your dl folder have a capital "D"?  if it has a small "d" then bodyshop items will not appear in the catalog and that includes clothes, hair, jewelry, etc

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 11, 14:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also found that sometimes the thumbnails file doesn't keep up with changes to clothes and other CC, so it doesn't hurt to delete it and see if that helps.  It's the 'CASThumbnails' file in the My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Thumbnails directory.  It'll take a little longer to display clothes, hair, etc the first time you do it as the game rebuilds it, but that sometimes clears up missing stuff problems.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 11, 14:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the same thing applies with the buy and build thumbnails too, doesn't it?  It's really the same theory as deleting groups.cache, each of thee files can get errors, and by regenerating them, the errors are hopefully not repeated.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 11, 15:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I guess it does, though I've never had the buy or build catalogs go screwy.  I have had the CAS catalog go screwy at least every 2-3 months.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 11, 15:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have some wierd thumbnails (all-blue) in both buy and build mode, all of which showed up correctly in pre-OFB games.  So I guess it wouldn't hurt to delete one of them to see it it gets corrected.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 11, 15:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have some wierd thumbnails (all-blue) in both buy and build mode, all of which showed up correctly in pre-OFB games.  So I guess it wouldn't hurt to delete one of them to see it it gets corrected.

Yea it might, though it's also possible that the meshes aren't OFB compatible.  There's a few out there (Rentech's fancy shower-tubs come to mind) that don't work with OFB and show up as blue blobs in the catalog.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 11, 15:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahem - Echo's bathmat?  Echo's 3x3 rugmesh?  Windkeeper's sidewindows?

Zephyr Zodiac
shortcakes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 11, 17:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to all of you,but I don't use the boolprop, and I did everything right including capitol D. Before I lost everything when my other pc died and I started all over with a new pc, I never had no problems, I'm not that far in playing maybe Ill just start all over and reinstall. Thanks again     Shortcakes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 11, 17:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried jsalemi's suggestion to remove the CAS thumbnails file?

Zephyr Zodiac
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 11, 17:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes people also don't realize that they need to enable the CC on the game loading screen and
then shut the game down.     The CC won't be enabled until the next time you load the game.   
shortcakes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 11, 17:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No but I will try that now
shortcakes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 11, 17:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the cc enabled, so now I'm going to try deleteing the thunbnails-------thanks
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 11, 21:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are getting an error message for an object, I think you must have boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true running, and if you are getting the message, you should really do something about it.

Yes, I was told that OFB made this impossible.  I had it ticked in SimPE and had forgotten I had it enabled when I put OFB on my machine.  I asked someone I knew that did coding and she told me this can cause problems with any object that has animations attached to this.  I immediately turned it off and I have not had it on for a while now and I have not had the object error messages.  Even having  the 'moveObjects' cheat enabled creates problems.

SM
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 11, 21:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think, really, that you should be doing something about why those error messages are occurring - I can't see they would occur testingCheats enabled or not, it there was nothing at all wrong!

Oh, and I have moveObjects on most of the time - I only turn it off to place diagonal windows etc., and never have problems.

Zephyr Zodiac
shortcakes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 13, 22:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok everyone good laugh for as for my downloads clothing etc. I went to my floder and I realized that what I did was capitolized all letters corrected it and now I see my dl. As for the error when it came up I pressed delete and haven't got it back so what I don't but now games is working fine.   Thank you all for trying to give me help. Shortcakes Embarrassed
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: